Sponsored Content
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting Log4j combining lines to single line Post 303026149 by wahi80 on Tuesday 20th of November 2018 09:32:41 PM
Old 11-20-2018
Hi,
The idea is any line which does not start with a data, replace the first character with a backspace.
So I tried the command below:

Code:
sed '/^[[:digit:]]\{4\}-[[:digit:]]\{2\}-[[:digit:]]\{2\}T[[:digit:]]\{2\}:[[:digit:]]\{2\}:[[:digit:]]\{2\},[[:digit:]]\{3\}\ [[:alpha:]]*/! s/^/^\b/g' logfile.txt

But backspace is not working, maybe character is wrong, or I need to try another way.

Shell: Bash

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Shell Programming and Scripting

Break lines up into single lines after each space in every line

It sounds a bit confusing but what I have is a text file like the example below (without the Line1, Line2, Line3 etc. of course) and I want to move every group of characters into a new line after each space. Example of text file; line1 .digg-widget-theme2 ul { background: rgb(0, 0, 0) none... (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: lewk
7 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

split single line into two line or three lines

Dear All, I want to split single line into two line or three lines wherever “|” separated values comes using Input line test,DEMTEMPUT20100404010012,,,,,,,,|0070086|0070087, output shoule be test,DEMTEMPUT20100404010012,,,,,,,,0070086, test,DEMTEMPUT20100404010012,,,,,,,,0070087, (14 Replies)
Discussion started by: arvindng
14 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

Multiple lines in a single column to be merged as a single line for a record

Hi, I have a requirement with, No~Dt~Notes 1~2011/08/1~"aaa bbb ccc ddd eee fff ggg hhh" Single column alone got splitted into multiple lines. I require the output as No~Dt~Notes 1~2011/08/1~"aaa<>bbb<>ccc<>ddd<>eee<>fff<>ggg<>hhh" mean to say those new lines to be... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: Bhuvaneswari
1 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

Combining 2 lines in a file into 1 line

Hi all, I have a file with lot of lines with repeating pattern. ( TABLE_NAME line followed by Total line). I would like combine these two lines into one line seperated by cama and create a new file. Is there a simple way to do this. Current Format ( just a sample 4 lines ) TABLE_NAME:... (10 Replies)
Discussion started by: MKNENI
10 Replies

5. Programming

PERL:Combining multiple lines to single line

Hi All I need a small help for the below format in making a small script in Perl or Shell. I have a file in which a single line entries are broken into three line entries. Eg: I have a pen and notebook. All i want is to capture in a single line in a separate file. eg: I have a pen and... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: Kalaiela
4 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

Combining lines in to one line

Hi Friends, I have a file1.txt 1001 jkilo yrhfm 200056 jhdf rjhwjkrh 3+u8jk5h3 uru ehjk 1002 jkfhk hfjkd 2748395 fdjksfh hefjkh 3hdfk ejkh kjhjke In the above if you see the firt charcter of each line mentioned in red has a pattern . I need to create another file where , the... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: i150371485
6 Replies

7. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Need help combining txt files w/ multiple lines into csv single cell - also need data merge

:confused:Hello -- i just joined the forums. I am a complete noob -- only about 1 week into learning how to program anything... and starting with linux. I am working in Linux terminal. I have a folder with a bunch of txt files. Each file has several lines of html code. I want to combine... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: jetsetter
2 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

Combining multiple block of lines in one comma separated line

Hi Everyone, On my Linux box I have a text file having block of few lines and this block lines separated by one blank line. I would like to format and print these lines in such a way that this entire block of lines will come as single comma separated line & again next block of lines in next... (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: gr8_usk
7 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

Combining lines into a single line

i have a file (where the column values are separated by ' and the text can be enclosed in ~) which contains data in form of 4461,2,~Basic: 2 Years/Unlimited Miles Drivetrain: Gas Engine 2 Years/Unlimited Miles Duramax Engine 3 Years/Unlimited... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: rahulchandak
2 Replies

10. UNIX for Beginners Questions & Answers

Combining lines in one line

Hi below is the input file snippet. here i want that all the line which is coming after 1 shoud be in one line. so for exanple if after 1 there is two lines which is starting with 2 should be combine in one line. input file content 1,8091012,BATCH_1430903_01,21,T,2,808738,,,,21121:87:01,... (19 Replies)
Discussion started by: scriptor
19 Replies
ISWDIGIT(3)						     Linux Programmer's Manual						       ISWDIGIT(3)

NAME
iswdigit - test for decimal digit wide character SYNOPSIS
#include <wctype.h> int iswdigit(wint_t wc); DESCRIPTION
The iswdigit() function is the wide-character equivalent of the isdigit(3) function. It tests whether wc is a wide character belonging to the wide-character class "digit". The wide-character class "digit" is a subclass of the wide-character class "xdigit", and therefore also a subclass of the wide-character class "alnum", of the wide-character class "graph" and of the wide-character class "print". Being a subclass of the wide character class "print", the wide-character class "digit" is disjoint from the wide-character class "cntrl". Being a subclass of the wide-character class "graph", the wide-character class "digit" is disjoint from the wide-character class "space" and its subclass "blank". Being a subclass of the wide-character class "alnum", the wide-character class "digit" is disjoint from the wide-character class "punct". The wide-character class "digit" is disjoint from the wide-character class "alpha" and therefore also disjoint from its subclasses "lower", "upper". The wide-character class "digit" always contains exactly the digits '0' to '9'. RETURN VALUE
The iswdigit() function returns nonzero if wc is a wide character belonging to the wide-character class "digit". Otherwise, it returns zero. ATTRIBUTES
For an explanation of the terms used in this section, see attributes(7). +-----------+---------------+----------------+ |Interface | Attribute | Value | +-----------+---------------+----------------+ |iswdigit() | Thread safety | MT-Safe locale | +-----------+---------------+----------------+ CONFORMING TO
POSIX.1-2001, POSIX.1-2008, C99. NOTES
The behavior of iswdigit() depends on the LC_CTYPE category of the current locale. SEE ALSO
isdigit(3), iswctype(3) COLOPHON
This page is part of release 4.15 of the Linux man-pages project. A description of the project, information about reporting bugs, and the latest version of this page, can be found at https://www.kernel.org/doc/man-pages/. GNU
2015-08-08 ISWDIGIT(3)