Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: Rsh reboot in a loop?
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting Rsh reboot in a loop? Post 303026133 by MuntyScrunt on Tuesday 20th of November 2018 03:28:46 PM
Old 11-20-2018
Ok, well incorporating those couple of things (I'm still using cat. I like cat. I have one!) does make a difference, it now loops for two nodes, it resets at least one of them, them closes my ssh to the header machine.

Just before my session is closed the error tcserror: Input/output error is thrown.

I have since tried nohup and disown, these do similar, they run for a couple of loops then just end.

I should add at this point I've checked and checked, there is no problem with my nodes file. So I continue to be confused.

The problem surely is I want to explicitly ignore "Connection lost', not an error. Connection lost isn't an error, is a loss of connection, it's not a return from the command.

So, now I'm very confused.

EDIT: pssh manages fine which is a python script, so it must be possible with bash surely?

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Shell Programming and Scripting

rsh command in a while loop

Hi , reading a "file1" with 2 data in each line (VAR1 and VAR2) , i'm using a while loop like this : cat file1|awk '{print $1,$2}'|while read VAR1 VA2 do echo $VAR1 echo $VAR2 done as this example shows , it works but if between do and done i use a "rsh" command , the script reads... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: Nicol
6 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

rsh and for loop

hi I wanted to use the for loop structure in tandem with rsh command and the result to be redirected into a local .lst file within a shell script . Tried the following but does not help :confused: . rsh ABCD "cd /bosp/local/home/linus/;for i in `ls -ltr | grep ^- | awk {'print $9'}` do... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: newbee2005
4 Replies

3. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

While read loop and rsh

Hi all I have a while read loop that I use to process a file line by line. The reason I am using this is due the fact that I have spaces in the line and a for loop treats the space as a delimeter for the next record. In this while loop I have a rsh. It appears that cos of the rsh, I never get... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: 104234
1 Replies

4. Solaris

different between soft reboot and hard reboot

Hi Guru's Can any want here could explain to me the different between soft reboot and hard reboot . Best Regards Seelan (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: seelan3
3 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

rsh breaking me out of loop

Hey all I have two scripts, one script containing the guts of my code. The other simply loops through a list, calling the other script on each iteration. Problem is when I add the line `/usr/bin/rsh -l root $HOSTNAME ""` to my main script, the loop never seems to exectute any more... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: mark007
1 Replies

6. AIX

Rsh

How to configure rsh for different users in aix? (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: vjm
4 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

rsh script with inside a for loop

hi everyone, I have the following problem: the foreach loop inside rsh doesn'work. I have tried the for command but it's not recognized. with the foreach command I don't receive any error, but it doesn't really make the cycle, ignoring the foreach and executing 1 time the echo command. Anyone has... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: trekianov
5 Replies

8. Solaris

Reboot loop

Oh, how I regret having chosen Solaris... Really, when I had my last Solaris system ten years ago I was just happy. Like a tank: Slow, clumsy, ugly but rock-solid. Then there were 10 ten years of FreeBSD and OpenBSD. Simple install, fast, nice, good package managing, just running along. But... (11 Replies)
Discussion started by: PatrickBaer
11 Replies

9. Solaris

X2200 in reboot loop & mounting ZFS drive on other boxes

So I was patching a Solaris 10 U08 X86 X2200 box in preparation for an Oracle upgrade. Rebooted the box because the patches failed and the box will not boot successfully. I need to back up the zones on the 2 drives before going further. I pulled the drives and attempted to mount them on my Ubuntu... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: LittleLebowski
0 Replies

10. Shell Programming and Scripting

awk, double variable, for loop and rsh

Hello folks, I've a (perhaps) simple question. In a text file I've : server_name1: directory1 server_name2: directory2 server_name3: directory3 I want to make a loop that lets me connect and operate on every server: rsh server_name1 "ls -l directory1" I've tried with awk,... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: gogol_bordello
6 Replies
DB2_CLOSE(3)								 1							      DB2_CLOSE(3)

db2_close - Closes a database connection

SYNOPSIS
bool db2_close (resource $connection) DESCRIPTION
This function closes a DB2 client connection created with db2_connect(3) and returns the corresponding resources to the database server. If you attempt to close a persistent DB2 client connection created with db2_pconnect(3), the close request is ignored and the persistent DB2 client connection remains available for the next caller. PARAMETERS
o $connection - Specifies an active DB2 client connection. RETURN VALUES
Returns TRUE on success or FALSE on failure. EXAMPLES
Example #1 Closing a connection The following example demonstrates a successful attempt to close a connection to an IBM DB2, Cloudscape, or Apache Derby database. <?php $conn = db2_connect('SAMPLE', 'db2inst1', 'ibmdb2'); $rc = db2_close($conn); if ($rc) { echo "Connection was successfully closed."; } ?> The above example will output: Connection was successfully closed. SEE ALSO
db2_connect(3), db2_pclose(3), db2_pconnect(3). PHP Documentation Group DB2_CLOSE(3)