Sponsored Content
Operating Systems Solaris A little complex: why my packet don't route? Post 303026120 by hicksd8 on Tuesday 20th of November 2018 12:07:54 PM
Old 11-20-2018
We had a very similar question asked recently when various of us tried to help.

Configure Solaris zone on new network

May I suggest that you read ALL this thread first. The OP seemed to find his own solution by amending the zone configuration to specify a router ip.

If none of this works for you please do post back here.

Last edited by hicksd8; 11-20-2018 at 01:14 PM..

7 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. IP Networking

Seeing IP packet

Hi, Is there any way that i can directly take out the IP packet and see its contents. Waiting for your answer .............. Bye (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: manjunath
4 Replies

2. IP Networking

Software/tool to route an IP packet to proxy server and capture the Proxy reply as an

Hi, I am involved in a project on Debian. One of my requirement is to route an IP packet in my application to a proxy server and receive the reply from the proxy server as an IP packet. My application handles data at the IP frame level. My application creates an IP packet(with all the necessary... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: Rajesh_BK
0 Replies

3. Programming

packet capture

can anyone tell me how can i capture the packets. i have tried ethernet software to capture them but its not doing what i want it to do it (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: dazdseg
1 Replies

4. Cybersecurity

filter packet

Exercise: Protection of WEB and DNS servers using the context-free rules for packet filtering: - Protect your WEB-server, so that would be for him can be accessed by browsers, and could go to dns. - Protect your primary DNS-server so that it could be to contact clients and secondary servers.... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: numeracy
1 Replies

5. AIX

Packet loss coming with big packet size ping

(5 Replies)
Discussion started by: Vishal_dba
5 Replies

6. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

iptables / ip route packet routing with multiple gateways

Hi all. Linux noob here. I was hoping someone could help me with configuring some routing rules on my router, an Asus AC68. The router is connected to two gateways, wan0_gateway and wan1_gateway. I have rules set up in the router gui that will push all traffic from every IP other than my own... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: Bishi
0 Replies

7. IP Networking

Packet going out of wrong interface due to OS automatically added cache route with lower metric

RHEL 7.0, IPV6 Scenario: I have routed specific network using network scripts. 1. "ip -6 route show" shows that route has been added. ( with metric 1024) 2. Ping of the specific IP through that route is successful. 3. Now after few days, for some reason, we see that cache route appears for... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: msr1981
3 Replies
install-solaris(1M)													       install-solaris(1M)

NAME
install-solaris - install the Solaris operating system SYNOPSIS
install-solaris install-solaris invokes the Solaris Install program. Depending on graphical capability and available memory at the time of invocation, install-solaris invokes either a text-based installer or a graphical installer. The following minimum requirements for physical memory dictate which features are available during installation: For SPARC machines: 128 MB Minimum physical memory for all installation types 128 MB Minimum physical memory required for windowing system 384 MB Minimum physical memory required for graphical-based installation For x86 machines: 256 MB Minimum physical memory for all installation types 256 MB Minimum physical memory required for windowing system 512 MB Minimum physical memory required for graphical-based installation In some cases, even if the minimum physical memory is present, available virtual memory after system startup can limit the number of fea- tures available. install-solaris exists only on the Solaris installation media (CD or DVD) and should be invoked only from there. Refer to the for more details. install-solaris allows installation of the operating system onto any standalone system. install-solaris loads the software available on the installation media. Refer to the for disk space requirements. Refer to the for more information on the various menus and selections. See attributes(5) for descriptions of the following attributes: +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ | ATTRIBUTE TYPE | ATTRIBUTE VALUE | +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ |Availability |SUNWcdrom (Solaris instal- | | |lation media) | +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ |Interface Stability |Evolving | +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ pkginfo(1), install(1M), pkgadd(1M), attributes(5) It is advisable to exit install-solaris by means of the exit options in the install-solaris menus. 23 Sep 2005 install-solaris(1M)