Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: [bash] Extra tab opens
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting [bash] Extra tab opens Post 303026083 by soichiro on Monday 19th of November 2018 10:03:14 PM
Old 11-19-2018
[bash] Extra tab opens

Hello everyone,

This code is working right using mate-terminal but with xfce4-terminal for some reason, it open up an extra tab...

Could someone please help me out to understand why this is happening?

Code:
#!/bin/bash

cd "$(dirname "$0")"/files

tab=" --tab"
title=" --title"

options=()

cmds[0]="./script1.sh"
cmds[1]="./script2.sh"
cmds[2]="./script3.sh"

tabName[0]="tab name 1"
tabName[1]="tab name 2"
tabName[2]="tab name 3"

for i in 0 1 2; do
	options+=($tab $title "${tabName[i]}" -e "bash -c '${cmds[i]} ; bash'" )
done
xfce4-terminal --geometry=102x9 "${options[@]}"	
exit 0

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

VI opens slow

when ever I try to vi a file that resides on another machines it takes forever for it to open. Does anyone have any ideas why it would be doing this? I have 7 unix machines and the only two that do this are both running tru64. (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: Moca4444
6 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

processing tab-formated output of command w/bash

I have a command that when ran it will have an output such as string LongerString string2 longerString2 More MoreStrings seperated by tabs. The command lists domains and their accounts set up in my server admin software (interworx). The end result will be that it will run rsync for... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: sweede
2 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

[tcsh2bash] Tab completion - 'enhanced' equivalent in bash?

I really like tcsh's: set completion='enhanced' because it treats underscores and dash signs the same. I don't have to reach for the shift key when trying to complete files that have underscores. As far as I know, there is nothing like this in bash. Does such a thing exist in bash? If... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: sarnobat
2 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

Bash script [Press Tab] Screen Blank..

Dear Member, OLD Question --> disable-completion not solved My bash Menu script ping process problem. If ping still running and users press SCREEN is Blank... Cant Members help me.. kill signal or others scripting for my case, btw i use Linux.. Thanks, Rico My Bash Script : ... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: carnegiex
1 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

Convert a tab separated file using bash

Dear all, I have a file in this format (like a matrix) - A B C .. X A 1 4 2 .. 2 B 2 6 4 .. 8 C 3 5 5 .. 4 . . . ... . X . . ... . and want to convert it into a file with this format: A A = 1 A B = 4 A C = 2 ... A X = 2 B A = 2 B B = 6 etc (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: TheTransporter
2 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

Bash shell adding extra single quotes

AIX 6.1 bash shell #!/bin/bash -x STATEMENT="cvs commit -m \"This is\" ../PBP/EIR.ENTRY" echo $STATEMENT exit 0 This is the output + STATEMENT='cvs commit -m "This is" ../PBP/EIR.ENTRY' + echo cvs commit -m '"This' 'is"' ../PBP/EIR.ENTRY cvs commit -m "This is" ../PBP/EIR.ENTRY + exit... (26 Replies)
Discussion started by: hpodhrad
26 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

[Solved] SED - Bash - Inserting multi Tab character in the command

Hello. I am using : sed -i -e '/§name_script§/a#'"${MY_TAB11}"'# \ #'"${MY_TAB1}"'The Standard way'"${MY_TAB7}"'# \ #'"${MY_TAB1}"'==============='"${MY_TAB7}"'# \ ' "$CUR_FILE" Is there a better way to define "MY_TAB7","MY_TAB11" in other way than : MY_TAB1=$'\t' MY_TAB2=${MY_TAB1}$'\t'... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: jcdole
2 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

Dividing tab blocks in bash script

Hi everyone, I have a data.xml file which only contains thousands of data (tag) blocks. A part of the file looks exactly like this; <data> Line Line Line </data> <data> Line Line Line </data> the rest of the file is simply a repetition of this part. Here each data block contains a... (8 Replies)
Discussion started by: hayreter
8 Replies

9. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Bash Tab Completion Hanging

Hi, I'm having a problem with tab completion at the bash command line. For some reason, whenever I type g<tab>, the terminal will freeze up for 5-10 seconds before asking me if I want to display all 325 possibilities. I thought that maybe it's because of the high number of commands, but I have... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: Raz716
4 Replies

10. Shell Programming and Scripting

Bash menu opens and closes

Ever since I added these two code blocks to my bash menu it just opens and closes right away. I use a batch file that worked fine until these codes were added and I am not sure what is wrong. Basically, what I am trying to do in the additional section is if the answer is "Y" then it goes back... (13 Replies)
Discussion started by: cmccabe
13 Replies
SYSLOGOUT(8)						      System Manager's Manual						      SYSLOGOUT(8)

NAME
syslogout - modular centralized shell logout mechanism DESCRIPTION
syslogout is a generic approach to enable centralized shell logout actions for all users of a given system in a modular and centralized way mostly aimed at avoiding work for lazy sysadmins. It has only been tested to work with the bash shell. It basically consists of the small /etc/syslogout shell script which invokes other small shell scripts having a .bash suffix which are con- tained in the /etc/syslogout.d/ directory. The system administrator can drop in any script he wants without any naming convention other than that the scripts need to have a .bash suffix to enable automagic sourcing by the /etc/syslogout script. For shell sessions, the contents of /etc/syslogout.d/" will be sourced by every user at logout if the following lines are present in his $HOME/.bash_logout: if [ -f /etc/syslogout ]; then . /etc/syslogout fi If used for X sessions it is advisable to include the former statement into the Xreset script of the X display manager instead to prevent that closing of an terminal emulator window yields unexpected results in your running X session if your X11 terminal emulator is using a login shell. Be sure then to run it under the user-id of the X session's user. See the example files in /usr/share/doc/syslogout/ for illustration. Users not wanting /etc/syslogout to be sourced for their environment can easily disable it's automatic mechanism. It can be disabled by simply creating an empty file called $HOME/.nosyslogout in the user's home directory using e.g. the touch(1) command. Any single configuration file in /etc/syslogout.d/ can simply be overridden by any user by creating a private $HOME/.syslogout.d/ directory which may contain a user's own version of any configuration file to be sourced instead of the system default. It's names have just to match exactly the system's default /etc/syslogout.d/ configuration files. Empty versions of these files contained in the $HOME/.syslo- gout.d/ directory automatically disable sourcing of the system wide version. Naturally, users can add and include their own private scripts to be automagically executed by /etc/syslogout at logout time. OPTIONS
There are no options other than those dictated by shell conventions. Anything is defined within the configuration scripts themselves. SEE ALSO
The README files and configuration examples contained in /usr/share/doc/syslogout/ and the manual page for bash(1), xdm(1x), xdm.options(5), and wdm(1x). Recommended further reading is everything related with shell programming. If you need a similar mechanism for executing code at login time check out the related package sysprofile(8) which is a very close compan- ion to syslogout. BUGS
syslogout in its current form is mainly restricted to bash(1) syntax. In fact it is actually a rather embarrassing quick and dirty hack than anything else - but it works. It serves the practical need to enable a centralized bash configuration until something better becomes available. Your constructive criticism in making this into something better" is very welcome. Before i forget to mention it: we take patches... ;-) AUTHOR
syslogout was developed by Paul Seelig <pseelig@debian.org> specifically for the Debian GNU/Linux system. Feel free to port it to and use it anywhere else under the conditions of either the GNU public license or the BSD license or both. Better yet, please help to make it into something more worthwhile than it currently is. SYSLOGOUT(8)