Sponsored Content
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting Show file name included time information Post 303026073 by jeo_fb on Monday 19th of November 2018 01:06:24 PM
Old 11-19-2018
Quote:
Originally Posted by RudiC
No error msgs, obviously. Pls post the directory listing. Run the proposal witrh the -x (xtrace) option set, and post the output. What's your shell version?
Thank you
It works but it is not in the true order.

2007-12-28T000000.txt, 2007-12-27T153000.txt
2007-12-28T003000.txt, 2007-12-28T000000.txt

I want to files only like below;

2007-12-28T000000.txt, 2007-12-27T150000.txt
2007-12-28T003000.txt, 2007-12-27T153000.txt

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Solaris

Can history commands show what time command executed

On Solaris 8 and 10 is there a way history command can show what time a particular command was executed. Pls reply. Thanks (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: Tirmazi
2 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

grep to show date/time of file the string was found in.

I've seen several examples of grep showing the filename the string was found in, but what I really need is grep to show the file details in long format (like ls -l would). scenario is: grep mobile_number todays_files This will show me the string I'm after & which files they turn up in, but... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: woodstock
2 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

Show date/time with tail|grep command

Hi, I have a log file without date/time, and I want that everytime tail|grep find something it displays the date/time and the line. I have tried something like this command but without any luck to display the date/time: tail -F catalina.out | sed "s/^/`date `/" | egrep ... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: julugu
6 Replies

4. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

PATH included in .o file of device driver

Hello friends, I am building one driver related to wifi. When I am looking its hex dump, I can see that it is including a path to one particular file of kernel headers. It is as under. 6C 75 65 2E 0A 00 00 00 25 64 2E 25 64 2E 25 64 lue.....%d.%d.%d 2D 25 73 00 00 00 00 00 42 45... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: linuxdevnoob
4 Replies

5. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Shell Scripts - Show all directories with full information ( and no files)

Hello all, i'm stumped.... I need to list all directories with all there info and exclude the files, then vice versa. I am not sure if I need to string several ls commands together or how to even do that. I believe I need to do some variation of ls -l but need to figure out how to take out the... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: citizencro
5 Replies

6. Solaris

How to show time minus 60 minutes?

In Redhat it is easy.... date --date="60 minutes ago" How do you do this in Solaris? I got creative and got the epoch time but had problems.. EPOCHTIME=`truss date 2>&1 | grep "time()" | awk '{print $3 - 900}'` echo $EPOCHTIME TIME=`perl -e 'print scalar(localtime("$EPOCHTIME")),... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: s ladd
5 Replies

7. SuSE

g++ build on SUSE 12.1, cannot open included file

Hello, I have a project that I have compiled on a number of linux systems including CentOS, Ubuntu, and Windows Cygwin. I am trying to build the project under SUSE 12.1. The make file runs allot of the way through, but then throws an error that an included file can't be opened. This is the... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: LMHmedchem
4 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

How to make diff show differences one line at a time and not group them?

Is there a way to tell diff to show differences one line at a time and not to group them? For example, I have two files: file1: line 1 line 2 line 3 diff line 4 diff line 5 diff line 6 line 7 file2: line 1 line 2 line 3 diff. line 4 diff. line 5 diff. line 6 line 7 (13 Replies)
Discussion started by: mmr11408
13 Replies

9. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

apache logging - show more information

is it possible to make apache log each user activity in its log file "access_log" i have a web application here that uses apache. in the apache log files, i see that it shows when requests are made to certain pages in my web application. but it doesn't show the user name of the person making... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: SkySmart
1 Replies

10. Shell Programming and Scripting

Rm -rf file.txt~ included in the first step?

I need to shred and delete a file after a certain time. Therefore I use shred -z /path/to/file.txt | rm -rf /path/to/file.txtIt works well, but typing in that very directory ls -shiI still see the so called backup-copy lets say file.txt~ When running bleachbit it will disappear thoroughly.... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: 1in10
3 Replies
Test::LectroTest::RegressionTesting(3pm)		User Contributed Perl Documentation		  Test::LectroTest::RegressionTesting(3pm)

NAME
Test::LectroTest::RegressionTesting - How to do regression testing (for free!) SYNOPSIS
use Test::LectroTest regressions => "regressions.txt"; # -- OR -- use Test::LectroTest playback_failures => "regression_suite_for_my_module.txt", record_failures => "failures_in_the_field.txt"; # -- OR -- use Test::LectroTest::Compat regressions => "regressions.txt"; # -- OR -- use Test::LectroTest::Compat playback_failures => "regression_suite_for_my_module.txt", record_failures => "failures_in_the_field.txt"; DESCRIPTION
Say that LectroTest uncovers a bug in your software by finding a random test case that proves one of your properties to be false. If you apply a fix for the bug, how can you be sure that LectroTest will re-test the property using the exact same test case that "broke" it before, just to be certain the bug really is fixed? And how can you be sure that future changes to your code will not reintroduce the same bug without your knowing it? For situations like these, LectroTest can record failure-causing test cases to a file, and it can play those test cases back as part of its normal testing strategy. The easiest way to take advantage of this feature is to set the regressions parameter when you "use" Test::LectroTest or Test::LectroTest::Compat: use Test::LectroTest regressions => "regressions.txt"; This tells LectroTest to use the file "regressions.txt" for both recording and playing back failures. If you want to record and play back from separate files, use the record_failures and playback_failures options: use Test::LectroTest::Compat playback_failures => "regression_suite_for_my_module.txt", record_failures => "failures_in_the_field.txt"; Here is how it works: 1. When testing a property named N, LectroTest will check for a play-back file. If the file exists, LectroTest will search it for test cases associated with N. If any such test cases exist, LectroTest will play them back before and in addition to performing the usual, random testing of the property. 2. When performing the usual, random testing of a property named N, if a failure occurs (i.e., LectroTest finds a counterexample), LectroTest will record the test case that caused the failure to the recording file, associating the test case with the name N. NOTE: If you pass any of the recording or playback parameters to Test::LectroTest::Compat, you must have version 0.3500 or greater of Test::LectroTest installed. (Module authors, update your modules' build dependencies accordingly.) The Test::LectroTest module itself, however, has always ignored unfamiliar parameters, and thus these options are backward compatible with older versions. SEE ALSO
Test::LectroTest gives a quick overview of automatic, specification-based testing with LectroTest. This module accepts failure recording and play-back options. Test::LectroTest::Compat lets you mix LectroTest with the popular family of Test::Builder-based modules such as Test::Simple and Test::More. This module accepts failure recording and play-back options. LECTROTEST HOME
The LectroTest home is http://community.moertel.com/LectroTest. There you will find more documentation, presentations, mailing-list archives, a wiki, and other helpful LectroTest-related resources. It's also the best place to ask questions. AUTHOR
Tom Moertel (tom@moertel.com) COPYRIGHT and LICENSE Copyright (c) 2004-06 by Thomas G Moertel. All rights reserved. This program is free software; you can redistribute it and/or modify it under the same terms as Perl itself. perl v5.12.3 2007-08-30 Test::LectroTest::RegressionTesting(3pm)