Sponsored Content
Top Forums UNIX for Beginners Questions & Answers Grep command on multiple line Post 303026028 by Baharul on Sunday 18th of November 2018 07:38:24 AM
Old 11-18-2018
Grep command on multiple line

Hi All,

I have some xml files and I need to find out all xml where one specific type of pattern is available..

Pattern 1
==========
Code:
<MAP TIMEOUT="" MODE="STANDALONE">  
  <COMMENT>without Any Mapping</COMMENT>  
</MAP>

Pattern 2
==========
Code:
  <COMMENT></COMMENT>  
</MAP>

Pattern 3
=============
Code:
  <COMMENT>Mapp step with mapping</COMMENT>  
  <MAPTARGET>      
  //Import mapping steps
  </MAPTARGET>  
  <MAPSOURCE>  
  //Import mapping steps
  </MAPSOURCE>  
<MAPCOPY FROM="/Package;1;0" TO="/node;1;0">  
</MAPCOPY>  
</MAP>

If you notice inpattern 1 & 2 inside <MAP>tag only <COMMENT> is there but in pattern 3 there is lots of other steps are there. I need to find all xml where its either match pattern 1 or 2.

I have tried with below syntex but its not working

Code:
find ./packages -type f -name flow.xml | xargs grep -l '.*<MAP TIMEOUT="[a-zA-Z0-9$]*" MODE="STANDALONE"><COMMENT>"[a-zA-Z0-9!@#$%^&*(),.?":{}|<>\n\[\] ]*"</COMMENT></MAP>'

Please see if anyone can help on this?

Thanks
Baharul Islam

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Multiple Line search using grep

Hi All, I am trying to search multiple lines in file using grep /sed.And i cant seem to make it work. The File looks like this 5012001,100,AUTOBATCH,FEE,DAILYFEE,0,0 4241 SERVICE DENIED 5012002,100,AUTOBATCH,FEE,DAILYFEE,0,0 4241 SERVICE DENIED... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: pistachio
6 Replies

2. Solaris

Multiple pattern on same line using grep

Hi, I would like to search multiple patterns on same line, i.e. all patterns must present on same line. Please suggest. Thanx (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: sanjay1979
2 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

grep multiple words in a single line

Hi.. How to search for multiple words in a single line using grep?. Eg: Jack and Jill went up the hill Jack and Jill were best friends Humpty and Dumpty were good friends too ---------- I want to extract the 2nd statement(assuming there are several statements with... (11 Replies)
Discussion started by: anduzzi
11 Replies

4. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

grep for a line in a file on multiple unix servers

Hi, I need to grep(look) for a line in filename named /tmp/Test on all 90 unix servers. Without logging to each servers manually and grep'ing for the line, is there a way to pull this info in output file thru' the ksh/sh/bash script. Can someone pl. help to create this script for me? Ex.... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: Mike1234
3 Replies

5. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

grep command to find multiple strings in multiple lines in a file.

I want to search files (basically .cc files) in /xx folder and subfolders. Those files (*.cc files) must contain #include "header.h" AND x() function. I am writing it another way to make it clear, I wanna list of *.cc files that have 'header.h' & 'x()'. They must have two strings, header.h... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: ritikaSharma
2 Replies

6. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Grep multiple strings in multiple files using single command

Hi, I will use below command for grep single string ("osuser" is search string) ex: find . -type f | xarg grep -il osuser but i have one more string "v$session" here i want to grep in which file these two strings are present. any help is appreciated, Thanks in advance. Gagan (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: gagan4599
2 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

sed command to grep multiple pattern present in single line and delete that line

here is what i want to achieve.. i have a file with below contents cat fileName blah blah blah . .DROP this REJECT that . --sport 7800 -j REJECT --reject-with icmp-port-unreachable --dport 7800 -j REJECT --reject-with icmp-port-unreachable . . . more blah blah blah --dport 3306... (14 Replies)
Discussion started by: vivek d r
14 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

Multiple Results of Grep in one Line/String?

Hello, I have a Textfile sees like this "Word1":aksdfjaksdf "Word2":askdfjalsdkfdlsjfasldfj "This is Word3":asdfkjalskdfj what i need is a string which sees like this Word1;Word2;This is Word3 Conclusion always the text within "" which is before the : i tried it with grep.... (10 Replies)
Discussion started by: SwordMaster
10 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

Perl command line option '-n','-p' and multiple files: can it know a file name of a printed line?

I am looking for help in processing of those options: '-n' or '-p' I understand what they do and how to use them. But, I would like to use them with more than one file (and without any shell-loop; loading the 'perl' once.) I did try it and -n works on 2 files. Question is: - is it possible to... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: alex_5161
6 Replies

10. UNIX for Beginners Questions & Answers

Grep multiple patterns(file) and replace whole line

I am able to grep multiple patterns which stored in a files. However, how could we replace the whole line with either the pattern or new string? For example: pattern_file: *Info in the () is not part of the pattern file. They are the intended name to replace the whole line after the pattern... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: wxboo
5 Replies
VK_LOGMERGE(1)						      General Commands Manual						    VK_LOGMERGE(1)

NAME
vk_logmerge - a Valgrind XML log file merger SYNOPSIS
vk_logmerge [flags and input files in any order] DESCRIPTION
vk_logmerge is a valkyrie(1) helper. Given multiple log files (in xml format) generated by multiple runs on a parallel machine, or multiple log files generated by sequential runs on a single-processor machine, for the same binary, vk_logmerge merges the log files together, sum- ming the counts of duplicates, and outputs the result to a single file. As input, vk_logmerge expects the log-files to-be-merged and/or a file containing the list of log-files to-be-merged, with each entry on a separate line. Log files can be merged from within valkyrie(1) , or use can invoke vk_logmerge directly. OPTIONS
-h Show help message -v Be verbose (more -v's give more) -t Output plain text (non-xml) -f <log_list> Obtain input files from <log_list> file (one per line) -o <writefile> File to write output to At least 1 input file must be given. If no '-o outfile' is given, writes to standard output. EXAMPLES
vk_logmerge log1.xml -f loglist.fls -o merged.xml SEE ALSO
valkyrie(1), valgrind(1). AUTHOR
vk_logmerge was written by Donna Robinson, Cerion Armour-Brown and others. This manual page was written by Hai Zaar <haizaar@haizaar.com>, for the Debian project (but may be used by others). 2009-05-02 VK_LOGMERGE(1)