Sponsored Content
Operating Systems AIX How to find the details of Fonts on AIX? Post 303025993 by bakunin on Friday 16th of November 2018 03:31:19 PM
Old 11-16-2018
Quote:
Originally Posted by filosophizer
[1] Where can I find these fonts which directory ?

Code:
applprod@cloapp:/usr/lib/X11>lslpp -l | grep  X11.fnt
[...]
  X11.fnt.ibm1046            6.1.0.0  COMMITTED  AIXwindows Arabic Fonts
  X11.fnt.ibm1046_T1         6.1.0.0  COMMITTED  AIXwindows Arabic Type1 Fonts
[...]
applprod@cloapp:/usr/lib/X11>

Sorry for the late answer, somehow this thread escaped my notice.

The lslpp-command is your friend, as you could have found out if you read its man page:

Code:
lslpp -f <package>

Will list all files/directories provided by this package. Since you already know the package name(s) you can easily find out where they are located.

In case you have a file and want to know which package it came from:

Code:
lslpp -w /file/in/question

will tell you the packages name.

I hope this helps.

bakunin
This User Gave Thanks to bakunin For This Post:

9 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. AIX

details of installed AIX

Is there anyway, we can find the details of the AIX installed like version, h/w config, subsets loaded, patches loaded? Mugundan (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: mjdarm
6 Replies

2. AIX

how to install fonts in AIX

Dear Friends, Please help me out to install fonts in AIX. I am new to AIX. Thanks in advance. Regards, dba (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: aix.dba
2 Replies

3. AIX

Adding own fonts in AIX

Hi I am new to AIX and want to install some fonts (in Indian Languages) created by us into the AIX server and we should be able to use these fonts in Mozilla and other user applications. There is no Info Print Manager. We have font files as PFB/PFM and TTF. Which is the best method to go... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: mssridhar
0 Replies

4. AIX

Russian fonts not displaying in AIX PDF files

Hi, We have an issue with russian cyrillic fonts that are not displayed correctly in pdf when application works in AIX . The same russian fonts are displayed properly in windows machine. There are spaces between russian characters and also cyrillic fonts are overlapping in AIX... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: jinto
3 Replies

5. AIX

AIX Server P560/P570 Details

Hi Guys, Require your help please to find out the power consumption for IBM P6 series server. 1> What is the maximum power used by one IBM AIX P560 & P570 server in kilo watts (KW). 2> What is the weight of one IBM AIX P560 & P570 servers in KG. This is urgently required for me to procure... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: ajilesh
1 Replies

6. AIX

AIX TrueType Fonts Installation

We have an app that prints PDF files but some of the required TrueType fonts are missing on our AIX box. Does AIX support TrueType fonts? How can I install the following fonts?: OCR A Extended (OCRAEXT.TTF) Courier New (cour.ttf) I have tried copying those fonts from my Windows box into... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: kah00na
4 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

How to find a file with a specific pattern for current sysdate & upon find email the details?

I need assistance with following requirement, I am new to Unix. I want to do the following task but stuck with file creation date(sysdate) Following is the requirement I need to create a script that will read the abc/xyz/klm folder and look for *.err files for that day’s date and then send an... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: PreetArul
4 Replies

8. AIX

Command to find file system details on AIX

Hi , Could you please tell me how to find the following on AIX? 1.Command to find file system details? 2.What are all the files exist under a specific directory along with their sizes? In general we use, du -sh * | grep M under a directory which returns files having size of MB,... (18 Replies)
Discussion started by: Maddy123
18 Replies

9. AIX

AIX Fonts and Display issue

Hello Everyone, have a question regarding fonts: #env root@oraapp:/>env _=/usr/bin/env LANG=ar_AA LOGIN=root SSH_TTY=/dev/pts/1 PATH=/usr/bin:/etc:/usr/sbin:/usr/ucb:/usr/bin/X11:/sbin:/usr/java131/jre/bin:/u ... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: filosophizer
2 Replies
update-fonts-scale(8)					      System Manager's Manual					     update-fonts-scale(8)

NAME
update-fonts-scale - generate fonts.scale files SYNOPSIS
update-fonts-scale [OPTION] directory ... DESCRIPTION
update-fonts-scale assembles a fonts.scale file in an X font directory using one or more scale files found in a subdirectory of /etc/X11/fonts/. It is typically invoked only from the post-installation and post-removal scripts of a package containing scalable fonts usable by the X Window System whose X LFD font names are not in the font files themselves, but may be invoked at any time to reconstruct fonts.scale files. For each directory, which is either an absolute path to an X font directory or (preferably) simply the last component of its path (such as '75dpi' or 'misc'), update-fonts-scale will assemble either /usr/lib/X11/fonts/directory/fonts.scale or /usr/share/fonts/X11/directory/fonts.scale from the index files found at /etc/X11/fonts/directory/package.scale, where package is the name of the package installing the fonts. This enables multiple packages to provide names for fonts in the same directory. No font package actually provides the fonts.scale file in the X font directory itself, so there is no danger of overwriting one package's font names with those of another. For instance, the two packages 'xfonts-scalable' (real) and 'xfonts-nifty' (hypothetical) may both install fonts into the directory /usr/lib/X11/fonts/Type1. They each place their fonts.scale files in /etc/X11/fonts/Type1/xfonts-scalable.scale and /etc/X11/fonts/Type1/xfonts-nifty.scale (respectively). update-fonts-scale concatenates these two files (as well as any others that match /etc/X11/fonts/Type1/*.scale) into /usr/lib/X11/fonts/Type1/fonts.scale. The format for fonts.scale files is given in the mkfontdir(1x) manual page. An example of how to use update-fonts-scale in package maintainer scripts is provided in the Debian Policy Manual. OPTIONS
-h, --help displays a brief usage message and exits. OPERANDS
update-fonts-scale takes one or more X font directory names to operate on as operands. Only the final path component of the directory name should be specified; e.g., update-fonts-scale 75dpi is correct, while 'update-fonts-scale /usr/X11R6/lib/X11/fonts/75dpi' and 'update-fonts-scale /usr/lib/X11/fonts/75dpi' are not. ENVIRONMENT
COLUMNS indicates the width of the terminal device in character cells. This value is used for formatting diagnostic messages. If not set, the terminal is queried using stty(1) to determine its width. If that fails, a value of '80' is assumed. DEBUG determines whether low-level diagnostic messages are issued to standard error output. A null (empty) or unset value indicates that they are not, and a non-null value indicates that they are. DIAGNOSTICS
Errors usage error: one or more font directories must be provided update-fonts-scale was invoked without operands. Supply one or more X font directory names to operate on. usage error: unrecognized option update-fonts-scale was invoked with an unrecognized option argument. Use only the options documented in "OPTIONS", above. fatal error: path to X font directory must be used A directory name was supplied that was not an X font directory name. Supply X font directory names only. Warnings warning: absolute path directory was provided Usage of absolute paths is deprecated. Use only the final component of the X font directory name for directory. warning: directory does not exist or is not a directory The supplied directory was invalid. update-fonts-scale skipped it. Notes Notes are only displayed under special circumstances; see "ENVIRONMENT". above. note: index references nonexistent font file filename The index file /etc/X11/fonts/directory/package.scale, refers to a nonexistent font file, filename. This is normal when package has been removed, but not purged from the system. In other circumstances, it likely indicates an error in package. EXIT STATUS
0 update-fonts-scale ran successfully. 1 update-fonts-scale experienced a fatal error; see the section on diagnostic messages above. 2 update-fonts-scale was invoked with invalid arguments. BUGS
See the Debian Bug Tracking System <http://bugs.debian.org/xfonts-utils>. If you wish to report a bug in update-fonts-scale, please see /usr/share/doc/debian/bug-reporting.txt or the reportbug(1) command. AUTHOR
update-fonts-scale was written by Branden Robinson. SEE ALSO
mkfontdir(1x) Debian Project 2004-11-12 update-fonts-scale(8)