Sponsored Content
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting Need help getting a web page to start a server. Post 303025972 by Stuperfied on Friday 16th of November 2018 12:17:21 AM
Old 11-16-2018
We have all of that except for the IP tables as some of the managers are on dynamic IP's. Admittedly I could look at the range they are being assigned and restrict it to that subnet but too much work for too little benefit. It's all working now and im switching to the file method I mentioned above as I was only using www-data as a sudoer because I could find no other option.

8 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Accessing Web Page

Hello, I am new to unix, but wanted to know how can we fetch data from a web page (i.e. an HTML Page), my requirement is to read an html page and wanted to create a flat file (text file) based on the contents available in the mentioned HTML page. Thanks Imtiaz (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: Imtiaz
3 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

finding the web page on server

Wish you all a very happy new year. I have a web url "http://marabou.mis.amat.com/cgi-bin/iman?IMAN_server_report=full" where marabou.mis.amat.com is my server name. the page content is below. ********************************************************* TcEng Web server report Thu Jan 4... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: Krrishv
4 Replies

3. Solaris

Solaris 9 Web Start Upgrade using -nowin - still complains about X server

Hi there. I'm trying to upgrade a Sun Blade 100 to Solaris 9. I downloaded and burned the install, disc 1, disc 2 and tools CDs from Sun. I turned off auto-boot, put in the CD and enter the following: # boot cdrom -nowin The cdrom boot starts, and I get prompted to choose a language... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: calenti
2 Replies

4. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Opening web page in remote server

Hi all, I am new to UNIX and so am struggling a bit on using the right commands. I am working on a remote UNIX server and i need to load a web page using firefox. I can use the client IP address to access the web page but i am not able to do so because the command i am typing is wrong. ... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: greg15
1 Replies

5. Web Development

APACHE: Tie in Web Page login with server login

Hello, I have created a web page on a server using apache and added .htaccess and .htpasswd in the folder for authentification. I was wondering if there was anyway to tie-in the login for this page with the login used to logon to the server. i.e. the same login info. is used for both,... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: WhotheWhat
2 Replies

6. Cybersecurity

APACHE: Tie in Web Page login with server login

Hello, I have created a web page on a server using apache and added .htaccess and .htpasswd in the folder for authentification. I was wondering if there was anyway to tie-in the login for this page with the login used to logon to the server. i.e. the same login info. is used for both, when... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: WhotheWhat
1 Replies

7. Web Development

Call shell script from HTML page - without web server

Hi, I have html page in my unix machine(server), which I will open with firefox or mozilla available in unix machine. Firefox or mozilla will be opened using x windows. Since I have access to unix machien(like other users) and this HTML page is for user having access to Unix machine, I see no... (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: vamanu9
7 Replies

8. Web Development

Unable to start the apache web server

Hi All, I'm getting this below error bash-4.1$ ./apachectl -k start (98)Address already in use: make_sock: could not bind to address hostname:18000 no listening sockets available, shutting down Unable to open logs I tried to change the port number, still same error: ... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: raghur77
5 Replies
pfsview(1)						      General Commands Manual							pfsview(1)

NAME
pfsview - Viewer for high-dynamic range images in pfs format SYNOPSIS
pfsview [--window_min <log_lum>] [--window_max <log_lum>] DESCRIPTION
pfsview is a QT application for viewing high-dynamic range images. It expects pfs stream on the standard input and displays the frames in that stream one by one. pfsv script can be more convienent to use if hdr images are to be displayed without any prior processing. DYNAMIC RANGE WINDOW
To show high-dynamic range data on a low-dynamic range monitor, pfsview uses concept of a dynamic range window. The dynamic range window is the highest and lowest value that should be mapped to black and white pixel. Values above or below the window are clipped (see clipping methods below). The dynamic range window is displayed in pfsview as a blue area on the dynamic range scale (second toolbox from the top). The window can be moved, shrunk and expended using a mouse or a keyboard. CLIPPING METHODS
Currently, two clipping methods are available (see View menu): Simple clipping The values above and below the dynamic range window are displayed as black or white. Color-coded clipping The values above the dynamic range window are displayed as yellow and below the window as green. This is helpful to see which parts of the image do not fit into the selected dynamic range. Keep brightness and hue This method tries to preserve brightness and hue while sacrificing color saturation when the colors exceed the RGB color gamut. Col- ors are desaturated in the RGB color space towards the neutral color (D65) of the corresponding luminance. MAPPING METHODS
High-dynamic range data are usually better visualized using non-linear scale, for example a logarithmic or a power function. pfsview offers several such scales, shown in View menu. Gray-scale values for each mapping method are computed by the formulas: LINEAR: y = (x-min)/(max-min) GAMMA: y = [ (x-min)/(max-min) ]^gamma LOGARITHMIC: y = (log10(x)-log10(min))/(log10(max)-log10(min)) where y is the gray-scale value after mapping, x is an input HDR value, min and max are lower and upper bounds of the dynamic range window. OPTIONS
--window_min <log_lum> Lower bound of the values that should be displayed or minimum value of the dynamic range window. The value should be given in log_10 units, for example -1 if the lower bound should be 0.1 (10^-1). --window_max <log_lum> Upper bound of the values that should be displayed or minimum value of the dynamic range window. The value should be given in log_10 units, for example -1 if the upper bound should be 0.1 (10^-1). EXAMPLES
pfsin memorial.hdr | pfsview See the memorial image. pfsv memorial.hdr The same as above, but using the utility script 'pv'. SEE ALSO
pfsv(1) pfsin(1) BUGS
Zomming in may sometimes show artifacts. Please report bugs and comments to Rafal Mantiuk <mantiuk@mpi-sb.mpg.de>. pfsview(1)