Sponsored Content
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting Check my Script and Say what Grinds Your Gears Post 303025946 by Corona688 on Thursday 15th of November 2018 01:41:49 PM
Old 11-15-2018
For that matter, why does the shell need to be bash, when you're always going to be doing an exec sudo bash anyway?

9 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Shell Programming and Scripting

script for netmask check

I want develop a script which should also check validity of netmask. e.g. /etc/netmasks 10.15.20.30 255.255.255.224 How can I check which IP adresses are valid for this netmask? I think the best is use logical operations. 224 is 1 1 1 0 0 0 0 0 so is valid from 10.15.20.31... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: rhacodactylus
2 Replies

2. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Script to check for a file, check for 2hrs. then quit

I wish to seach a Dir for a specific file, once the file is found i will perform additional logic. If the file is not found within two hours, i would like to exit. Logically, I'm looking for the best way to approach this Thanks for any assistance in advance. Note: I'm using a C shell and... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: mmarsh
2 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

check in unix shell script so that no one is able to run the script manually

I want to create an automated script which is called by another maually executed script. The condition is that the no one should be able to manually execute the automated script. The automated script can be on the same machine or it can be on a remote machine. Can any one suggest a check in the... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: adi_bang76
1 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

check my first shell script

I have written the below script to determine whether a string is palindrome or not ? But its not working, any help to debug it ? I am new to this forum but when I searched for my question, I found that many people refused to answer this question thinking that its Homework question, Therefore I... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: gridview
2 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

please check this script.

please check this script and let me know.wher eis the issue. #!/bin/ksh set -A logs AAA BB CCC DDD EE FFF set -A ltime 7 60 7 7 7 60 set i=1 while } ] do find /home/logs -name "*"\${logs}"\*.log" -mtime ${l time} -type f -ls let i=$i+1 done (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: sab_sree
3 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

perl script to check if empty files are created and delete them and run a shell script

I have a local linux machine in which the files are dumped by a remote ubuntu server. If the process in remote server has any problem then empty files are created in local machine. Is there any way using perl script to check if the empty files are being created and delete them and then run a shell... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: hussa1n
2 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

script to check if another script is running and if so, then sleep for sometime and check again

Hi, I am a unix newbie. I need to write a script to check wheteher another script is still running. If it is, then sleep for 30m and then check again if the script is running. If the script has stopped running then, I need to come out of the loop. I am using RHEL 5.2 (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: mathews
2 Replies

8. Programming

Check This Script

Hi guys, I am sending the script i created..plzzz check it correct if any mistakes...:). Plz reply early by today.. here i want to find the files based on date , if files are avaliable i want to send a mail to the user. here there are a total of 43 files. they are constant. Here is... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: apple2685
0 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

Bash shell script to check if script itself is running

hi guys we've had nagios spewing false alarm (for the umpteenth time) and finally the customer had enough so they're starting to question nagios. we had the check interval increased from 5 minutes to 2 minutes, but that's just temporary solution. I'm thinking of implementing a script on the... (8 Replies)
Discussion started by: hedkandi
8 Replies
LIBBASH(7)							  libbash Manual							LIBBASH(7)

NAME
libbash -- A bash shared libraries package. DESCRIPTION
libbash is a package that enables bash dynamic-like shared libraries. Actually its a tool for managing bash scripts whose functions you may want to load and use in scripts of your own. It contains a 'dynamic loader' for the shared libraries ( ldbash(1)), a configuration tool (ldbashconfig(8)), and some libraries. Using ldbash(1) you are able to load loadable bash libraries, such as getopts(1) and hashstash(1). A bash shared library that can be loaded using ldbash(1) must answer 4 requirments: 1. It must be installed in $LIBBASH_PREFIX/lib/bash (default is /usr/lib/bash). 2. It must contain a line that begins with '#EXPORT='. That line will contain (after the '=') a list of functions that the library exports. I.e. all the function that will be usable after loading that library will be listed in that line. 3. It must contain a line that begins with '#REQUIRE='. That line will contain (after the '=') a list of bash libraries that are required for our library. I.e. every bash library that is in use in our bash library must be listed there. 4. The library must be listed (For more information, see ldbashconfig(8)). Basic guidelines for writing library of your own: 1. Be aware, that your library will be actually sourced. So, basically, it should contain (i.e define) only functions. 2. Try to declare all variables intended for internal use as local. 3. Global variables and functions that are intended for internal use (i.e are not defined in '#EXPORT=') should begin with: __<library_name>_ For example, internal function myfoosort of hashstash library should be named as __hashstash_myfoosort This helps to avoid conflicts in global name space when using libraries that come from different vendors. 4. See html manual for full version of this guide. AUTHORS
Hai Zaar <haizaar@haizaar.com> Gil Ran <ril@ran4.net> SEE ALSO
ldbash(1), ldbashconfig(8), getopts(1), hashstash(1) colors(1) messages(1) urlcoding(1) locks(1) Linux Epoch Linux