Sponsored Content
Top Forums UNIX for Beginners Questions & Answers Help with pattern match and Extract Post 303025945 by Don Cragun on Thursday 15th of November 2018 01:32:13 PM
Old 11-15-2018
Quote:
Originally Posted by arunkumar_mca
I should have said that "_SB" or "_B".

... ... ...
Is this supposed to help us figure out what you're trying to do?

Why should you have said anything about "_SB" or about "_B"? Neither of those strings appears anywhere in any line of your sample input!

If you're unwilling to answer our questions and are unwilling to give us a clear specification of what you are trying to do, there is very little that we can do to help you. Smilie

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Shell Programming and Scripting

Match first pattern first then extract second pattern match

My input file: <accession>Q91G55</accession> <name>043L_IIV6</name> <protein> <recommendedName> <location> <position position="294"/> </location> <fullName>Uncharacterized protein 043L</fullName> <accession>P18556</accession> <name>1106L_ASFB7</name> <protein> <recommendedName>... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: patrick87
5 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

Extract data from records that match pattern

Hi Guys, I have a file as follows: a b c 1 2 3 4 pp gg gh hh 1 2 fm 3 4 g h i j k l m 1 2 3 4 d e f g h j i k l 1 2 3 f 3 4 r t y u i o p d p re 1 2 3 f 4 t y w e q w r a s p a 1 2 3 4 I am trying to extract all the 2's from each row. 2 is just an example... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: npatwardhan
6 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

Need one liner to search pattern and print everything expect 6 lines from where pattern match made

i need to search for a pattern from a big file and print everything expect the next 6 lines from where the pattern match was made. (8 Replies)
Discussion started by: chidori
8 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

Search for a pattern,extract value(s) from next line, extract lines having those extracted value(s)

I have hundreds of files to process. In each file I need to look for a pattern then extract value(s) from next line and then search for value(s) selected from point (2) in the same file at a specific position. HEADER ELECTRON TRANSPORT 18-MAR-98 1A7V TITLE CYTOCHROME... (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: AshwaniSharma09
7 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

Pattern Match & Extract from a string

Hi, I have long string in 2nd field, as shown below: REF1 | CLESCLJSCSHSCSMSCSNSCSRSCUDSCUFSCU7SCV1SCWPSCXGPDBACAPA0DHDPDMESED6 REF2 | SBR4PCBFPCDRSCSCG3SCHEBSCKNSCKPSCLLSCMCZXTNPCVFPCV6P4KL0DMDSDSASEWG I have a group of fixed patterns which can occur in these long strings & only... (11 Replies)
Discussion started by: karumudi7
11 Replies

6. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Match Pattern after certain pattern and Print words next to Pattern

Hi experts , im new to Unix,AWK ,and im just not able to get this right. I need to match for some patterns if it matches I need to print the next few words to it.. I have only three such conditions to match… But I need to print only those words that comes after satisfying the first condition..... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: 100bees
2 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

sed : match one pattern then the next consecutive second pattern not working

Ive used this snippet of code on a solaris box thousands of times. But it isnt working on the new linux box sed -n '/interface LoopBack0/{N;/ ip address /p;}' *.conf its driving me nuts !! Is there something Im missing ? (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: popeye
7 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

Extract lines that match a pattern

Hi all, I got a file that contains the following content, Actually it is a part of the file content, Installing XYZ XYZA Image, API 18, revision 2 Unzipping XYZ XYZA Image, API 18, revision 2 (1%) Unzipping XYZ XYZA Image, API 18, revision 2 (96%) Unzipping XYZ XYZA Image, API 18,... (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: Kashyap
7 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

Rearrange or replace only the second line after pattern match or pattern match

Im using the command below , but thats not the output that i want. it only prints the odd and even numbers. awk '{if(NR%2){print $0 > "1"}else{print $0 > "2"}}' Im hoping for something like this file1: Text hi this is just a test text1 text2 text3 text4 text5 text6 Text hi... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: invinzin21
2 Replies

10. Shell Programming and Scripting

Match Pattern and print pattern and multiple lines into one line

Hello Experts , require help . See below output: File inputs ------------------------------------------ Server Host = mike id rl images allocated last updated density vimages expiration last read <------- STATUS ------->... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: tigerhills
4 Replies
FC-MATCH(1)															       FC-MATCH(1)

NAME
fc-match - match available fonts SYNOPSIS
fc-match [ -svV? ] [ --sort ] [ --verbose ] [ --version ] [ --help ] [ font-pattern ] DESCRIPTION
fc-match matches font-pattern (empty pattern by default) using the normal fontconfig matching rules to find the best font available. If --sort is given, the sorted list of best matching fonts is displayed. With --verbose, the whole font pattern for each match is printed, otherwise only the file, family and style are printed.. OPTIONS
This program follows the usual GNU command line syntax, with long options starting with two dashes (`-'). A summary of options is included below. -v --verbose Print whole font pattern for each match. -? --help Show summary of options. -V --version Show version of the program and exit. -s --sort Displays sorted list of best matching fonts. font-pattern Displays fonts matching font-pattern (uses empty pattern by default). SEE ALSO
fc-list (1). The fontconfig user's guide, in HTML format: /usr/share/doc/fontconfig/fontconfig-user.html. AUTHOR
This manual page was updated by Patrick Lam <plam@csail.mit.edu>. 05 May 2008 FC-MATCH(1)