Sponsored Content
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting awk and seen to report duplicates Post 303025940 by RudiC on Thursday 15th of November 2018 12:55:42 PM
Old 11-15-2018
Always four lines per record? Try
Code:
awk '{for (i=1; i<=3; i++) {getline X; $0 = $0 "\n" X}} !x[$2]++' file
@Muestra-1
agctgcgagctgcgacccgggttatataggaagagacacacacaccccc
+
 !@$#%^&*()@^#&HH!&*(@&#*(FT^%$&*()*&^%@

Or adapt your code like
Code:
awk 'BEGIN{ RS="\n@" } !x[$2]++ ' file

This User Gave Thanks to RudiC For This Post:

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Shell Programming and Scripting

help in awk report

home directory = /export/home/jenovaux/ /log Contain 3 file /filename1.log /filename2.log /filename3.log each file from this file is a log for job each file contain success or failed I want to make awk report as the following:- LOGFILENAME ... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: jenovaux
1 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

Awk to find duplicates in 2nd field

I want to find duplicates in file on 2nd field i wrote this code: nawk '{a++} END{for i in a {if (a>1) print}}' temp Could not find whats wrong with this. Appreciate help (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: pinnacle
5 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

Awk Help - duplicates in $1 that match x & y in $2

I'm primarily a "Windows" systems administrator whose been getting his toes in the Linux waters. I am new to programming and advanced scripting so please bear with me and my incomplete example below. I have exported all entries from our DNS zones. I used sed to remove everything other than the... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: Omaplata
3 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

awk statement to eliminate the duplicates

consider the below output cat tablextract2.sql CREATE PROCEDURE after72DeleteTgr(id int) BEGIN END $$ Delimiter ; CREATE PROCEDURE after72DeleteTgr(id int) BEGIN END $$ Delimiter ; # # proc_name1="after72DeleteTgr" # # echo "`awk '{if($3~v){a=1}}a;/elimiter\|DELIMITER/{exit}'... (17 Replies)
Discussion started by: vivek d r
17 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

Find duplicates in column 1 and merge their lines (awk?)

Hi, I have a file (sorted by sort) with 8 tab delimited columns. The first column contains duplicated fields and I need to merge all these identical lines. My input file: comp100002 aaa bbb ccc ddd eee fff ggg comp100003 aba aba aba aba aba aba aba comp100003 fff fff fff fff fff fff fff... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: falcox
5 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

Creating duplicates in awk

Hi, I am using Ubuntu 12.04 I have a file as following: KHO123 KHO245 KHO456 . . .I want to add a second column of characters to my file but I want to write a script to make this automatic, so, depending on the number of the lines in my first column, I get the string I need repeated... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: Homa
4 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

Awk: Remove Duplicates

I have the following code for removing duplicate records based on fields in inputfile file & moves the duplicate records in duplicates file(1st Awk) & in 2nd awk i fetch the non duplicate entries in inputfile to tmp file and use move to update the original file. Requirement: Can both the awk... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: siramitsharma
4 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

awk remove first duplicates

Hi All, I have searched many threads for possible close solution. But I was unable to get simlar scenario. I would like to print all duplicate based on 3rd column except the first occurance. Also would like to print if it is single entry(non-duplicate). i/P file 12 NIL ABD LON 11 NIL ABC... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: sybadm
6 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

awk - Remove duplicates during array build

Greetings Experts, Issue: Within awk script, remove the duplicate occurrences that are space (1 single space character) separated Description: I am processing 2 files using awk and during processing, I am building an array and there are duplicates on this; how can I delete the duplicates... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: chill3chee
3 Replies

10. Shell Programming and Scripting

awk to Sum columns when other column has duplicates and append one column value to another with Care

Hi Experts, Please bear with me, i need help I am learning AWk and stuck up in one issue. First point : I want to sum up column value for column 7, 9, 11,13 and column15 if rows in column 5 are duplicates.No action to be taken for rows where value in column 5 is unique. Second point : For... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: as7951
1 Replies
IGAWK(1)							 Utility Commands							  IGAWK(1)

NAME
igawk - gawk with include files SYNOPSIS
igawk [ all gawk options ] -f program-file [ -- ] file ... igawk [ all gawk options ] [ -- ] program-text file ... DESCRIPTION
Igawk is a simple shell script that adds the ability to have ``include files'' to gawk(1). AWK programs for igawk are the same as for gawk, except that, in addition, you may have lines like @include getopt.awk in your program to include the file getopt.awk from either the current directory or one of the other directories in the search path. OPTIONS
See gawk(1) for a full description of the AWK language and the options that gawk supports. EXAMPLES
cat << EOF > test.awk @include getopt.awk BEGIN { while (getopt(ARGC, ARGV, "am:q") != -1) ... } EOF igawk -f test.awk SEE ALSO
gawk(1) Effective AWK Programming, Edition 1.0, published by the Free Software Foundation, 1995. AUTHOR
Arnold Robbins (arnold@skeeve.com). Free Software Foundation Nov 3 1999 IGAWK(1)