Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: Build NFS Server on CentOS
Top Forums UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users Build NFS Server on CentOS Post 303025924 by Bala on Thursday 15th of November 2018 08:29:37 AM
Old 11-15-2018
Thank you Peasant.

I'm looking for

1. Built-in snapshotsolution (Daily, and weekly)
2. Yes. Two Clustered NFS server. So that if one NFS server goes down, i can bring another one.

Please suggest me

Thanks
Bala

8 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Solaris

NFS write failed for server.....error 11 (RPC: Server can't decode arguments)

Hello! I have a Linux nfs server (called server100 below) with a export nfs. My problem is that the Solaris client (called client100 below) doesn't seems to like it. In the Solaris syslog I got following messages (and after a while the solaris client behave liked its hanged/to buzy). Also see... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: sap4ever
3 Replies

2. Solaris

Solaris 9 as a nfs client -- centos as a nfs server.

Hello, I have a centos as nfs server, its name is centos_A. After I finish the setup of the nfs server, the other linux can access this nfs server immediately via /net/centos_A/* But, My solaris 9 can not access /net/centos_A/* immediately. I have to leave /net/centos_A, and wait for about... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: bruceharbin
1 Replies

3. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

Mail server in centos!!

Hi all!! 1. I am totally new to Mail server but now in our management decided to run own mail server, still now we are running our mail server using godaddy!! if we transfer all mail accounts to here means what are the steps i need to do?? 2. I have basic idea in postfix , which... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: anishkumarv
2 Replies

4. Linux

Moving Whole OS Centos Server

I currently have a web server its on a small harddrive I didn't know my site would grow so fast but now I need a bigger hard drive. Instead of adding another harddrive (host charge monthly of how many hard drives connected to server) is there anyway to just move the whole os to a bigger hard drive... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: awww
2 Replies

5. Web Development

Building LAMP server from scratch (build a server with compiled LAMP from CentOS mini)

Hello everyone, I would like to setup a lamp server from a minimal distro and to compile PHP, MySQL and Apache myself. I have chosen CentOS minimal for the OS and I am trying to build the stack by hand... But well, it appears I need some help! First: I am looking for good and recent... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: freddie50
3 Replies

6. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

NFS issue with autofs in CentOS 6.3

I am running CentOS 6.3 as a VM on a host which has the same installation. I configured my NFS server and I am guessing it works. I say guessing because I can mount the desired folder with mount command on my client machine. So, when I run: mount -t nfs -o vers=3 vm2.domain.com:/nethome /nethit... (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: bashily
7 Replies

7. AIX

AIX NFS Server and NFS Client

Hi 2 ALL, try to run NFS Server in AIX 7.1 : 1. Step by step on NFS Server node mkdir /tmp/test chgrp staff /tmp/test chmod 775 /tmp/test-- create export directory (fs) mknfsexp -d /tmp/test -t ro exportfs -va show mount -e :/# exportfs -av exports: 1831-187 re-exported /tmp/test... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: penchev
4 Replies

8. UNIX for Beginners Questions & Answers

FreeBSD vs CentOS as server

I have a HP Proliant server with centOS. This is the software that I run: - SSH + SFTP - NGINX - PHP7 - Bitcoind - MYSQL Would you recommend FreeBSD or CentOS for this software. Also how hard is it to set this up with FreeBSD compaired to CentOS? I never used FreeBSD before, is it hard... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: jwz104
3 Replies
rpcdebug(8)						      System Manager's Manual						       rpcdebug(8)

NAME
rpcdebug - set and clear NFS and RPC kernel debug flags SYNOPSIS
rpcdebug -vh rpcdebug -m module rpcdebug -m module -s flags... rpcdebug -m module -c flags... DESCRIPTION
The rpcdebug command allows an administrator to set and clear the Linux kernel's NFS client and server debug flags. Setting these flags causes the kernel to emit messages to the system log in response to NFS activity; this is typically useful when debugging NFS problems. The first form in the synopsis can be used to list all available debug flags. The second form shows the currently set debug flags for the given module. The third form sets one or more flags, and the fourth form clears one or more flags. The value all may be used to set or clear all the flags for the given module. OPTIONS
-c Clear the given debug flags. -h Print a help message and exit. When combined with the -v option, also prints the available debug flags. -m module Specify which module's flags to set or clear. Available modules are: nfsd The NFS server. nfs The NFS client. nlm The Network Lock Manager, in either an NFS client or server. rpc The Remote Procedure Call module, in either an NFS client or server. -s Set the given debug flags. -v Increase the verbosity of rpcdebug's output. FILES
/proc/sys/sunrpc/{rpc,nfs,nfsd,nlm}_debug procfs-based interface to kernel debug flags. SEE ALSO
rpc.nfsd(8), nfs(5), syslogd(8). BUGS
Bugs can be found or reported at http://nfs.sf.net/. AUTHOR
Program by Olaf Kirch <okir@suse.de> and <frederic.jolly@bull.ext.net>. Manpage by Greg Banks <gnb@melbourne.sgi.com>. 5 Jul 2006 rpcdebug(8)