Sponsored Content
Top Forums UNIX for Beginners Questions & Answers Find file that are accessed less than 10 minutes in a directory Post 303025917 by Jeevitha on Thursday 15th of November 2018 05:58:20 AM
Old 11-15-2018
Find file that are accessed less than 10 minutes in a directory

Hi All,,

I need to find the latest files that are accessed less than 10mins in a particular directory & send those files in an attachment.

I could use the below simple one. But if the directory was not updated any recently i could mail the old file again, i need to eliminate that.. What shld i do for this.

Code:
newest=$(ls -lrt | tail -n 1)
uuencode (PATH) "$newest" | mailx -s "Subject" "name@domain.com"

Appreciate your help!

Thanks

Moderator's Comments:
Mod Comment Please use CODE tags as required by forum rules!

Last edited by Jeevitha; 11-15-2018 at 07:12 AM..

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Shell Programming and Scripting

Find files not accessed on a remote server and delete - Help!

Hi Guys, I am currently working on a script to find all the files that have not been accessed for the past 2 years. This, i guess has been discussed n number of times in this forum. Now, my requirement is to find all the files in the remote windows server. I have it mounted in unix. I was... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: bond_bhai
1 Replies

2. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

Find accessed file in past 1 or 2 minutes, and throw mail.

Can Anyone tell me how to write the Script to "find file(s) in a directory that is being accessed in last 5 minutes, and if there is result of that find, then throw the mail ". Means throw the mail to a person regarding whoever and whenever a file is accessed in a directory. ASAP. Thnks. (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: varungupta
2 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

Find the age of a file in Minutes

KSH: Please lt me know how to find the age of a file in minutes(Based on last modified time). ie, if the file was modified 15 Minutes ago, the output should be 15 (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: hari_anj
1 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

Log to find users who accessed server before

Hi, please provide the steps/commands to find out the user id list who accessed server before i logon same server. Thank you very much ffor all your support. (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: sridhardwh
2 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

Find out whether directory has been updated with files in the last 5 minutes or not

Hi, I am trying to work on this script that needs to monitor a Directory. In case there are no files received in that Directory for the last 5 minutes, it has to send out an alert. Could someone please suggest any approach for the same. Note: I did check out various previous psts -... (8 Replies)
Discussion started by: rituparna_gupta
8 Replies

6. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

How to find out last 5 users who have accessed a file?

Hi All, is there any command or script to find out last five users who have accessed a file thanks jcpratap (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: Jcpratap
1 Replies

7. UNIX for Beginners Questions & Answers

How to find and get a file in an entire directory with an excluded directory specified?

How to get a file 'zlib.h' in an entire directory with an excluded directory specified lives under that starting directory by using find command, as it failed on: $ find . -name 'zlib.h' -a -ipath 'CHROME.TMP' -prune -o -print it'll just list entirely up (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: abdulbadii
2 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

Grep a log file for the last 5 minutes of contents every 5 minutes

Hi all, System Ubuntu 16.04.3 LTS i have the following log INFO 2019-02-07 15:13:31,099 module.py:700] default: "POST /join/8550614e-3e94-4fa5-9ab2-135eefa69c1b HTTP/1.0" 500 2042 INFO 2019-02-07 15:13:31,569 module.py:700] default: "POST /join/6cb9c452-dcb1-45f3-bcca-e33f5d450105... (15 Replies)
Discussion started by: charli1
15 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

Check file creation Time minutes and if file older then 5 minutes execute some stuff

Hello all, Info: System RedHat 7.5 I need to create a script that based on the creation time, if the file is older then 5 minutes then execute some stuff, if not exit. I thought to get the creation time and minutes like this. CreationTime=$(stat -c %y /tmp/test.log | awk -F" " '{ print... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: charli1
3 Replies

10. UNIX for Beginners Questions & Answers

Find if create time of last created file in a directory is older than 5 minutes

A process xyz is running and creating file1, file2, file3, .... filen. how do i know if the process has stopped and createtime of the last file (filen) is older than 5 minutes? OS is AIX (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: malaika
3 Replies
REPORTER-MAILX(1)						 LIBREPORT MANUAL						 REPORTER-MAILX(1)

NAME
reporter-mailx - Sends contents of a problem directory via email. SYNOPSIS
reporter-mailx [-v] -d DIR [-c CONFFILE] DESCRIPTION
The tool reads a problem directory, composes an email message from the directory contents, and uses mailx to send the message to specified recipient. Properties of email messages can be specified in a configuration file, and via environment variables. Configuration file Configuration file contains entries in a format "Option = Value". The options are: Subject The subject of the email message. EmailFrom The sender of the email message. EmailTo The recipient of the email message. SendBinaryData Use yes/true/on/1 to attach all binary files from the problem directory to the email. This can cause the emails to be very large. Integration with ABRT events reporter-mailx can be used as a reporter, to allow users report problems via email when they decide to do it. This usage is pre-configured in /etc/libreport/events.d/mailx_event.conf: EVENT=report_Mailx reporter-mailx It can also be used to notify administrator automatically when a problem happens. When this is desired, modify the event configuration file to run the tool on the post-create event: EVENT=post-create reporter-mailx OPTIONS
-d DIR Path to problem directory. -c CONFFILE Path to configuration file. When used in ABRT event system, the file contains site-wide configuration. Users can change the values via environment variables. ENVIRONMENT VARIABLES
Environment variables take precedence over values provided in the configuration file. Mailx_Subject Subject of the email message. Mailx_EmailFrom Sender of the email message. Mailx_EmailTo Recipient of the email message. If nor the environment variable nor the corresponding option is defined, the message is send to "root@localhost". Mailx_SendBinaryData Use yes/true/on/1 to attach all binary files from the problem directory to the email. AUTHORS
o ABRT team LIBREPORT 2.1.11 06/18/2014 REPORTER-MAILX(1)