Sponsored Content
Top Forums UNIX for Beginners Questions & Answers Help with pattern match and Extract Post 303025900 by Don Cragun on Wednesday 14th of November 2018 10:38:47 PM
Old 11-14-2018
What shell and operating system are you using?

What have you tried to solve this problem on your own? Where are you stuck?

Why isn't the output from the second line in your example:
Code:
CONC- BC SB_RESTO CRYSTALS BOILERS--> There is only

There are two occurrences of SB in that line and three additional occurrences of B as well (one before the first SB, one between the two occurrences of SB, and one after the last SB).

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Shell Programming and Scripting

Match first pattern first then extract second pattern match

My input file: <accession>Q91G55</accession> <name>043L_IIV6</name> <protein> <recommendedName> <location> <position position="294"/> </location> <fullName>Uncharacterized protein 043L</fullName> <accession>P18556</accession> <name>1106L_ASFB7</name> <protein> <recommendedName>... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: patrick87
5 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

Extract data from records that match pattern

Hi Guys, I have a file as follows: a b c 1 2 3 4 pp gg gh hh 1 2 fm 3 4 g h i j k l m 1 2 3 4 d e f g h j i k l 1 2 3 f 3 4 r t y u i o p d p re 1 2 3 f 4 t y w e q w r a s p a 1 2 3 4 I am trying to extract all the 2's from each row. 2 is just an example... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: npatwardhan
6 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

Need one liner to search pattern and print everything expect 6 lines from where pattern match made

i need to search for a pattern from a big file and print everything expect the next 6 lines from where the pattern match was made. (8 Replies)
Discussion started by: chidori
8 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

Search for a pattern,extract value(s) from next line, extract lines having those extracted value(s)

I have hundreds of files to process. In each file I need to look for a pattern then extract value(s) from next line and then search for value(s) selected from point (2) in the same file at a specific position. HEADER ELECTRON TRANSPORT 18-MAR-98 1A7V TITLE CYTOCHROME... (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: AshwaniSharma09
7 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

Pattern Match & Extract from a string

Hi, I have long string in 2nd field, as shown below: REF1 | CLESCLJSCSHSCSMSCSNSCSRSCUDSCUFSCU7SCV1SCWPSCXGPDBACAPA0DHDPDMESED6 REF2 | SBR4PCBFPCDRSCSCG3SCHEBSCKNSCKPSCLLSCMCZXTNPCVFPCV6P4KL0DMDSDSASEWG I have a group of fixed patterns which can occur in these long strings & only... (11 Replies)
Discussion started by: karumudi7
11 Replies

6. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Match Pattern after certain pattern and Print words next to Pattern

Hi experts , im new to Unix,AWK ,and im just not able to get this right. I need to match for some patterns if it matches I need to print the next few words to it.. I have only three such conditions to match… But I need to print only those words that comes after satisfying the first condition..... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: 100bees
2 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

sed : match one pattern then the next consecutive second pattern not working

Ive used this snippet of code on a solaris box thousands of times. But it isnt working on the new linux box sed -n '/interface LoopBack0/{N;/ ip address /p;}' *.conf its driving me nuts !! Is there something Im missing ? (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: popeye
7 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

Extract lines that match a pattern

Hi all, I got a file that contains the following content, Actually it is a part of the file content, Installing XYZ XYZA Image, API 18, revision 2 Unzipping XYZ XYZA Image, API 18, revision 2 (1%) Unzipping XYZ XYZA Image, API 18, revision 2 (96%) Unzipping XYZ XYZA Image, API 18,... (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: Kashyap
7 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

Rearrange or replace only the second line after pattern match or pattern match

Im using the command below , but thats not the output that i want. it only prints the odd and even numbers. awk '{if(NR%2){print $0 > "1"}else{print $0 > "2"}}' Im hoping for something like this file1: Text hi this is just a test text1 text2 text3 text4 text5 text6 Text hi... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: invinzin21
2 Replies

10. Shell Programming and Scripting

Match Pattern and print pattern and multiple lines into one line

Hello Experts , require help . See below output: File inputs ------------------------------------------ Server Host = mike id rl images allocated last updated density vimages expiration last read <------- STATUS ------->... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: tigerhills
4 Replies
auditmask(8)						      System Manager's Manual						      auditmask(8)

Name
       auditmask - get or set auditmasks

Syntax
       auditmask [ option ...  ] [ event[:succeed:fail]

Description
       The  command  with  no  arguments displays the system-calls and trusted-events currently being audited for the system, and displays whether
       they are being audited under successful or failed occurrences or both.  The format used for the display is acceptable as input to the  com-
       mand.

The command with event arguments sets the system-call and trusted-event audit masks for the system.  This is cumulative operation, so it is
       possible to turn on or off audit for one set of events, then turn on or off audit for a second set of events without changing the first set
       of  events (except for intersection between the two sets).  Command line arguments to can include one or more events, each with an optional
       field :succeed:fail, where succeed is either 0 to specify no auditing of successful occurrences of event, or 1 (or any non-zero	character)
       to specify auditing of successful occurrences of event; and fail is either 0 to specify no auditing of failed occurrences of event or 1 (or
       any non-zero character) to specify auditing of failed occurrences of event.  The event name is the system-call name  or	the  trusted-event
       name (see audit.h ).

The command will also accept redirected input, which can be the output of a previously issued command.  This is a file which contains lines
       of the format event [succeed][fail].  If the keyword succeed is present, successful occurrences of that event will be audited; if the  key-
       word  fail  is  present,  failed  occurrences of that event will be audited; if both are present, successful and failed occurrences will be
       audited; if neither keyword is present, that event will not be audited.

The auditmask command can also be used to set the audit style characteristics of the audit subsystem.  These  characteristics  control  how
       much information is recorded on exec operations.

The  command  is  used in to initialize the auditmask at boot time according to the file This makes use of privileged operations within the
       system call.

Options
       -f	   Turns on full auditing for the system.  This list may include events which have no symbolic name and are represented only by  a
		   number (reserved for future use); these events will not be audited, despite their presence in the auditmask.

-n	   Turns off all auditing for the system.

-s aud_style
		   An  aud_style  of  "exec_argp" enables the auditing of the argument list to an or syscall.  An aud_style of "exec_envp" enables
		   the auditing of the environment strings to an or syscall.

See Also
       audcntl(2)

auditmask(8)