Sponsored Content
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting Script works, but I think it could be better and faster Post 303025881 by cornelvis on Wednesday 14th of November 2018 09:14:16 AM
Old 11-14-2018
On 192.168.122.74 they do exist, but it seems like it just gets to that entry only and doesn't read the list anymore.

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Shell Programming and Scripting

Script works fine until I | more

Hello all, This beats me. I have a script that executes some commands and redirects their output to some text files that I will parse. The commands are along the lines of: dsmadmc -id=admin -pa=admin -outfile=/home/tools/qlog.txt q log f=d If I just run the script it works. If I execute... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: Skovian
2 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

perl - how come this script works?

#!/usr/bin/perl open (DATA, file.txt); @array = <DATA>; close (DATA); open (DATA, ">$file.txt"); for (@array) { s/text/replace text/; push(@contents,$_); } seek(DATA, 0, 0); print DATA (@contents); close(DATA); could someone please explain how this works. i've been... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: mjays
3 Replies

3. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

Country Codes script faster response ;please help

Dear all I have group of input lines which look like this These input lines is placed in a file named phonelines.txt and there is a script which match $4 and $5 with country codes placed in another file named country-codes.txt and its contents is : Italy 39 Libyana 21892 Thuraya... (12 Replies)
Discussion started by: zanetti321
12 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

Can anyone make this script run faster?

One of our servers runs Solaris 8 and does not have "ls -lh" as a valid command. I wrote the following script to make the ls output easier to read and emulate "ls -lh" functionality. The script works, but it is slow when executed on a directory that contains a large number of files. Can anyone make... (10 Replies)
Discussion started by: shew01
10 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

Script works with bash 3.0 but not 3.2.

Hello, So my knowledge of bash scripting is not that great and I have been trying to solve this problem on my own for awhile to no avail. Here's the error I get when running it with an OS that uses bash 3.2.x: testagain.sh: line 10: *-1: syntax error: operand expected (error token is... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: forkandspoon
2 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

Script to parse a file faster

My example file is as given below: conn=1 uid=oracle conn=2 uid=db2 conn=3 uid=oracle conn=4 uid=hash conn=5 uid=skher conn=6 uid=oracle conn=7 uid=mpalkar conn=8 uid=anarke conn=1 op=-1 msgId=-1 - fd=104 slot=104 LDAPS connection from 10.10.5.6 to 10.18.6.5 conn=2 op=-1 msgId=-1 -... (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: sags007_99
7 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

Make script faster

Hi all, In bash scripting, I use to read files: cat $file | while read line; do ... doneHowever, it's a very slow way to read file line by line. E.g. In a file that has 3 columns, and less than 400 rows, like this: I run next script: cat $line | while read line; do ## Reads each... (10 Replies)
Discussion started by: AlbertGM
10 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

Making script run faster

Can someone help me edit the below script to make it run faster? Shell: bash OS: Linux Red Hat The point of the script is to grab entire chunks of information that concerns the service "MEMORY_CHECK". For each chunk, the beginning starts with "service {", and ends with "}". I should... (15 Replies)
Discussion started by: SkySmart
15 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

Optimize shell script to run faster

data.file: contact { contact_name=royce-rolls modified_attributes=0 modified_host_attributes=0 modified_service_attributes=0 host_notification_period=24x7 service_notification_period=24x7 last_host_notification=0 last_service_notification=0 host_notifications_enabled=1... (8 Replies)
Discussion started by: SkySmart
8 Replies

10. Shell Programming and Scripting

Shell script works fine as a standalone script but not as part of a bigger script

Hello all, I am facing a weird issue while executing a code below - #!/bin/bash cd /wload/baot/home/baotasa0/sandboxes_finance/ext_ukba_bde/pset sh UKBA_publish.sh UKBA 28082015 3 if then echo "Param file conversion for all the areas are completed, please check in your home directory"... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: ektubbe
2 Replies
VLAN-INTERFACES(5)						   File formats 						VLAN-INTERFACES(5)

NAME
/etc/network/interfaces (vlan) - vlan extensions for the interfaces(5) file format DESCRIPTION
/etc/network/interfaces contains network interface configuration information for the ifup(8) and ifdown(8) commands. This manpage describes the vlan extensions to the standard interfaces(5) file format. Primary extensions exist to make and destroy vlan interfaces, secondary extensions exist for ipv4 interface manipulation which are gener- ally needed when using (a lot of) vlans. VLAN CREATION
Vlan interface definitions exist of the vlan interface name, and an optional 'raw-device' parameter. Vlan interfaces are numbered 1 to 4095. You have the option to have interface names zero-padded to 4 numbers, or just the plain digits without leading zero. The following example shows four ways to create a vlan with id 1 on interface eth0. They all result in different names. iface eth0.1 inet static address 192.168.1.1 netmask 255.255.255.0 iface vlan1 inet static vlan-raw-device eth0 address 192.168.1.1 netmask 255.255.255.0 iface eth0.0001 inet static address 192.168.1.1 netmask 255.255.255.0 iface vlan0001 inet static vlan-raw-device eth0 address 192.168.1.1 netmask 255.255.255.0 # We don't have br support out of the box iface br0.2 inet static vlan-raw-device br0 address 192.168.1.1 netmask 255.255.255.0 # Aliases are ignored iface br0.2:1 inet static address 192.168.1.1 netmask 255.255.255.255 EXTRA IFACE OPTIONS
Usually someone who uses vlans also wants to do some other manipulations with the ip stack or interface. vlan-raw-device devicename Indicates the device to create the vlan on. This is ignored when the devicename is part of the vlan interface name. ip-proxy-arp 0|1 Turn proxy-arp off or on for this specific interface. This also works on plain ethernet like devices. ip-rp-filter 0|1|2 Set the return path filter for this specific interface. This also works on plain ethernet like devices. hw-mac-address mac-address This sets the mac address of the interface before bringing it up. This works on any device that allows setting the hardware address with the ip command. AUTHOR
This manpage was adapted from interfaces(5) by Ard van Breemen <ard@kwaak.net> SEE ALSO
vconfig(8) interfaces(5) vlan September 30 2007 VLAN-INTERFACES(5)