Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: Build NFS Server on CentOS
Top Forums UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users Build NFS Server on CentOS Post 303025862 by Bala on Wednesday 14th of November 2018 03:38:44 AM
Old 11-14-2018
Build NFS Server on CentOS

Dear All,

I'm using AWS EC2 instance for my application. My application is high disk I/O based and EFS could not be used in my case.

So, i need to build my own NFS server on Ec2 instance. I'm looking for High availability solution for my disk which i shared for NFS. Looking for builtin snapshot solution and 99.9% availablity. Is there any software raid or any solution which you can recommend to me?

Thanks
Bala

8 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Solaris

NFS write failed for server.....error 11 (RPC: Server can't decode arguments)

Hello! I have a Linux nfs server (called server100 below) with a export nfs. My problem is that the Solaris client (called client100 below) doesn't seems to like it. In the Solaris syslog I got following messages (and after a while the solaris client behave liked its hanged/to buzy). Also see... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: sap4ever
3 Replies

2. Solaris

Solaris 9 as a nfs client -- centos as a nfs server.

Hello, I have a centos as nfs server, its name is centos_A. After I finish the setup of the nfs server, the other linux can access this nfs server immediately via /net/centos_A/* But, My solaris 9 can not access /net/centos_A/* immediately. I have to leave /net/centos_A, and wait for about... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: bruceharbin
1 Replies

3. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

Mail server in centos!!

Hi all!! 1. I am totally new to Mail server but now in our management decided to run own mail server, still now we are running our mail server using godaddy!! if we transfer all mail accounts to here means what are the steps i need to do?? 2. I have basic idea in postfix , which... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: anishkumarv
2 Replies

4. Linux

Moving Whole OS Centos Server

I currently have a web server its on a small harddrive I didn't know my site would grow so fast but now I need a bigger hard drive. Instead of adding another harddrive (host charge monthly of how many hard drives connected to server) is there anyway to just move the whole os to a bigger hard drive... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: awww
2 Replies

5. Web Development

Building LAMP server from scratch (build a server with compiled LAMP from CentOS mini)

Hello everyone, I would like to setup a lamp server from a minimal distro and to compile PHP, MySQL and Apache myself. I have chosen CentOS minimal for the OS and I am trying to build the stack by hand... But well, it appears I need some help! First: I am looking for good and recent... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: freddie50
3 Replies

6. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

NFS issue with autofs in CentOS 6.3

I am running CentOS 6.3 as a VM on a host which has the same installation. I configured my NFS server and I am guessing it works. I say guessing because I can mount the desired folder with mount command on my client machine. So, when I run: mount -t nfs -o vers=3 vm2.domain.com:/nethome /nethit... (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: bashily
7 Replies

7. AIX

AIX NFS Server and NFS Client

Hi 2 ALL, try to run NFS Server in AIX 7.1 : 1. Step by step on NFS Server node mkdir /tmp/test chgrp staff /tmp/test chmod 775 /tmp/test-- create export directory (fs) mknfsexp -d /tmp/test -t ro exportfs -va show mount -e :/# exportfs -av exports: 1831-187 re-exported /tmp/test... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: penchev
4 Replies

8. UNIX for Beginners Questions & Answers

FreeBSD vs CentOS as server

I have a HP Proliant server with centOS. This is the software that I run: - SSH + SFTP - NGINX - PHP7 - Bitcoind - MYSQL Would you recommend FreeBSD or CentOS for this software. Also how hard is it to set this up with FreeBSD compaired to CentOS? I never used FreeBSD before, is it hard... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: jwz104
3 Replies
nfssec(5)							File Formats Manual							 nfssec(5)

NAME
nfssec - overview of NFS security modes DESCRIPTION
The mount_nfs(1M) and share_nfs(1M) commands each provide a way to specify the security mode to be used on an NFS filesystem through the option. mode can be either or These security modes may also be added to the automount maps. Note that mount_nfs(1M) and automount(1M) do not support at this time. The option on the share_nfs(1M) command line establishes the security mode of NFS servers. If the NFS connection uses the NFS Version 3 protocol, the NFS clients must query the server for the appropriate mode to use. If the NFS connection uses the NFS Version 2 protocol, then the NFS client uses the default security mode, which is currently NFS clients may force the use of a specific security mode by speci- fying the option on the command line. However, if the filesystem on the server is not shared with that security mode, the client may be denied access. If the NFS client wants to authenticate the NFS server using a particular (stronger) security mode, the client wants to specify the secu- rity mode to be used, even if the connection uses the NFS Version 3 protocol. This guarantees that an attacker masquerading as the server does not compromise the client. The NFS security modes are described below. Of these, the modes use the Kerberos V5 protocol for authenticating and protecting the shared filesystems. Before these can be used, the system must be configured to be part of a Kerberos realm. Use authentication. The user's UNIX user-id and group-ids are passed in the clear on the network, unauthenticated by the NFS server . This is the simplest security method and requires no additional administration. It is the default used by HP-UX NFS Version 2 clients and HP-UX NFS servers. Use a Diffie-Hellman public key system which is referred to as in the forthcoming Internet RFC). Use Kerberos V5 protocol to authenticate users before granting access to the shared filesystem. Use Kerberos V5 authentication with integrity checking (checksums) to verify that the data has not been tampered with. User Kerberos V5 authentication, integrity checksums, and privacy protection (encryption) on the shared filesystem. This provides the most secure filesystem sharing, as all traffic is encrypted. It should be noted that performance might suffer on some systems when using depending on the computational intensity of the encryption algorithm and the amount of data being transferred. Use null authentication NFS clients using have no identity and are mapped to the anonymous user by NFS servers. A client using a security mode other than the one with which an HP-UX NFS server shares the filesystem has its security mode mapped to In this case, if the filesystem is shared with users from the client are mapped to the anonymous user. WARNINGS
lists the NFS security services. Do not edit this file. It is not intended to be user-configurable. FILES
NFS security service configuration file SEE ALSO
automount(1M), mount_nfs(1M), share_nfs(1M), rpc_clnt_auth(3N), secure_rpc(3N), nfssec.conf(4). nfssec(5)