Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: Build NFS Server on CentOS
Top Forums UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users Build NFS Server on CentOS Post 303025862 by Bala on Wednesday 14th of November 2018 03:38:44 AM
Old 11-14-2018
Build NFS Server on CentOS

Dear All,

I'm using AWS EC2 instance for my application. My application is high disk I/O based and EFS could not be used in my case.

So, i need to build my own NFS server on Ec2 instance. I'm looking for High availability solution for my disk which i shared for NFS. Looking for builtin snapshot solution and 99.9% availablity. Is there any software raid or any solution which you can recommend to me?

Thanks
Bala

8 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Solaris

NFS write failed for server.....error 11 (RPC: Server can't decode arguments)

Hello! I have a Linux nfs server (called server100 below) with a export nfs. My problem is that the Solaris client (called client100 below) doesn't seems to like it. In the Solaris syslog I got following messages (and after a while the solaris client behave liked its hanged/to buzy). Also see... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: sap4ever
3 Replies

2. Solaris

Solaris 9 as a nfs client -- centos as a nfs server.

Hello, I have a centos as nfs server, its name is centos_A. After I finish the setup of the nfs server, the other linux can access this nfs server immediately via /net/centos_A/* But, My solaris 9 can not access /net/centos_A/* immediately. I have to leave /net/centos_A, and wait for about... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: bruceharbin
1 Replies

3. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

Mail server in centos!!

Hi all!! 1. I am totally new to Mail server but now in our management decided to run own mail server, still now we are running our mail server using godaddy!! if we transfer all mail accounts to here means what are the steps i need to do?? 2. I have basic idea in postfix , which... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: anishkumarv
2 Replies

4. Linux

Moving Whole OS Centos Server

I currently have a web server its on a small harddrive I didn't know my site would grow so fast but now I need a bigger hard drive. Instead of adding another harddrive (host charge monthly of how many hard drives connected to server) is there anyway to just move the whole os to a bigger hard drive... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: awww
2 Replies

5. Web Development

Building LAMP server from scratch (build a server with compiled LAMP from CentOS mini)

Hello everyone, I would like to setup a lamp server from a minimal distro and to compile PHP, MySQL and Apache myself. I have chosen CentOS minimal for the OS and I am trying to build the stack by hand... But well, it appears I need some help! First: I am looking for good and recent... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: freddie50
3 Replies

6. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

NFS issue with autofs in CentOS 6.3

I am running CentOS 6.3 as a VM on a host which has the same installation. I configured my NFS server and I am guessing it works. I say guessing because I can mount the desired folder with mount command on my client machine. So, when I run: mount -t nfs -o vers=3 vm2.domain.com:/nethome /nethit... (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: bashily
7 Replies

7. AIX

AIX NFS Server and NFS Client

Hi 2 ALL, try to run NFS Server in AIX 7.1 : 1. Step by step on NFS Server node mkdir /tmp/test chgrp staff /tmp/test chmod 775 /tmp/test-- create export directory (fs) mknfsexp -d /tmp/test -t ro exportfs -va show mount -e :/# exportfs -av exports: 1831-187 re-exported /tmp/test... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: penchev
4 Replies

8. UNIX for Beginners Questions & Answers

FreeBSD vs CentOS as server

I have a HP Proliant server with centOS. This is the software that I run: - SSH + SFTP - NGINX - PHP7 - Bitcoind - MYSQL Would you recommend FreeBSD or CentOS for this software. Also how hard is it to set this up with FreeBSD compaired to CentOS? I never used FreeBSD before, is it hard... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: jwz104
3 Replies
remote_nfs_swap(5)						File Formats Manual						remote_nfs_swap(5)

NAME
remote_nfs_swap - enable swapping across NFS VALUES
Default Allowed values DESCRIPTION
This tunable controls adding a NFS filesystem for use as swap. If is set to only local filesystems and devices can be used for swap. If it is set to both local and networked file systems can be used for swap. Historically, this tunable was used in NFS clusters that are no longer supported, but this capability has not yet been removed. Who Is Expected to Change This Tunable? Anyone. Restrictions on Changing Changes to this tunable take effect on the next boot. When Should the Tunable Be Turned On? Almost never. As previously mentioned, this tunable was designed for systems which are not in use today. Only systems with extremely robust NFS capabilities should even consider using NFS for swap. What Are the Side Effects of Turning the Tunable On? If the value is set to and a NFS partition is added as swap, then some kernel memory will be set aside for NFS transactions to the swap file system. The kernel will then use the NFS swap partition just the same as a local file system. If the NFS capabilities of the system are not robust, this could lead to extremely long swap times (both swap in and swap out), and possibly a loss of memory because all the reserved memory and more could be used by NFS (just when memory pressure is high) causing the need for swap. When Should the Tunable Be Turned Off? Unless you are positive that the NFS system can handle the load of being used as swap, and does not have a local file system or disk drive to spare, this tunable should be set to What Are the Side Effects of Turning the Tunable Off? Any previously defined NFS swap filesystems will no longer be allowed. Kernel memory will not be reserved for NFS transactions due to swap. What Other Tunables Should Be Changed at the Same Time? None. WARNINGS
All HP-UX kernel tunable parameters are release specific. This parameter may be removed or have its meaning changed in future releases of HP-UX. Installation of optional kernel software, from HP or other vendors, may cause changes to tunable parameter values. After installation, some tunable parameters may no longer be at the default or recommended values. For information about the effects of installation on tun- able values, consult the documentation for the kernel software being installed. For information about optional kernel software that was factory installed on your system, see at AUTHOR
was developed by HP. Tunable Kernel Parameters remote_nfs_swap(5)