Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: AIX 7.1 gcc 4.8.5 issue
Top Forums UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users AIX 7.1 gcc 4.8.5 issue Post 303025846 by gull04 on Tuesday 13th of November 2018 10:41:10 AM
Old 11-13-2018
Hi,

Sorry to disappoint, but there isn't an attachment.

This seems to be revolving around the library files - are you sure that the library paths are all set up correctly and what does the "config.log" contain?

Have you done a "make clean" before running the compile?

Regards

Gull04
This User Gave Thanks to gull04 For This Post:

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. AIX

gcc compiler on AIX 5.2

Does anybody know a web site where I could download gcc for AIX 5.2 (I've downloaded gcc 3.2 from http://www.bullfreeware.com/, but it doesn't work)? Thanks a lot for your answers. (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: SMISS
2 Replies

2. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

AIX 5.3 gcc compiler

Hi there I've got a problem getting my mysql libraries to work. every time I compile my source code it gives my a compiler error. Cannot find a rule to create target /usr/include/mysql/mysql.h AND /usr/include/mysql/mysql.h: Permission denied Is anyone fimiliar with this error, and can... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: cipher#1
0 Replies

3. AIX

AIX 5.3 gcc compiler

Hi there I've got a problem getting my mysql libraries to work. every time I compile my source code it gives my a compiler error. Cannot find a rule to create target /usr/include/mysql/mysql.h AND /usr/include/mysql/mysql.h: Permission denied Is anyone fimiliar with this error, and can... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: cipher#1
1 Replies

4. AIX

gcc with AIX 4.3

hi, i need to install a source code from an open source on AIX 4.3. but first i need to install gcc. is gcc going to screw up AIX 4.3? the box is doing heavy legacy stuff with engine and db2 on it. and over 200 users. any comment would be appreciated. thanks (9 Replies)
Discussion started by: itik
9 Replies

5. Linux

GCC compiler issue on redhat4.5

Hi all, I am using gcc4.1.1 on redhat4.5 and when i rethrow an exception and I am catching it .. The application aborts and throws the following error message to stdout - the error that's been thrown is been caught but never gets that far as it falls over on throw statement Has anyone ever... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: nano2
0 Replies

6. AIX

Compile gcc on AIX 5.2

I'm trying to compile gcc 3.4.6 on AIX 5.2 but I get this error: bison -t --name-prefix=java_ -o java/parse.c java/parse.y M4sugar requires GNU M4. Install it before installing M4sugar or set the M4 environment variable to its path name.make: *** Broken pipe gcc -c -g -O2 -DIN_GCC -W... (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: untamed
7 Replies

7. AIX

problems with gcc on AIX 4.33

I just installed gcc on AIX 4.33, and I am having some problems with compiling a simple hello world program. See output below for the issue. The "standards.h" file is not on my system and I don't know where to get it. Thanks in advance for your help! # gcc -v Reading specs from... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: jhall
2 Replies

8. AIX

Gcc for AIX

Hi, I am working with AIX5.3 and I downloaded the gcc-4.2.4.tar.bz2 from the site and when I am trying to un-tar it.It is throwing error-- Please help me to resolve it. Thanks in Advance.. (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: smartgupta
6 Replies

9. AIX

Upgrading AIX 5.2 to AIX 6.1 - GCC compatibility

Hi All, We are in the processing of upgrading our AIX server OS from 5.2.0.0 to 6.1. And we have a set of highly critical running C applications in AIX box. I have a question like whether this upgradation of OS will affect any C code compilation and C runtime enviornment... how does AIX 6.1... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: karthikc
1 Replies

10. Programming

Gcc 4.5.8 on AIX 7.1 issue

after migrate our AIX server from 6.1 to 7.1 , we insalled c compilator with rpm files Server:root:/ > rpm -qa | grep gcc libgcc-4.8.5-1 gcc-cpp-4.8.5-1 gcc-4.8.5-1 gcc-c++-4.8.5-1 but whene we proceed to compile a c programm we have this error exec(): 0509-036 Cannot load... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: yahia
2 Replies
xft-config(1)						      General Commands Manual						     xft-config(1)

NAME
xft-config - report Xft version, compiler, linker, and/or installation directory information SYNOPSIS
xft-config { --exec-prefix[=local_prefix] | --prefix[=local_prefix] | --cflags | --libs } ... xft-config --version DESCRIPTION
xft-config reports information of interest to users and developers about the installed version of the X FreeType library, Xft(3). Depend- ing on how it is invoked, xft-config reports the installed version of Xft, the compiler and linker flags that are required to successfully compile and link C (or C-compatible) code that uses the library, and/or the directories used by the GNU Autotools to install its files. Note that if the system's installed version of Xft came from an OS vendor or other third party, the actual location of its files may differ from those reported by xft-config. The system adminstrator can also relocate Xft's files. If invoked without any arguments, xft-config will print a usage message on standard error and exit. OPTIONS
--cflags Report the compiler flags that are required to compile code that uses Xft symbols. --exec-prefix[=local_prefix] If specified without the parameter local_prefix, report the file specification prefix that Xft uses for installation of executable files. If local_prefix is specified, it is used instead of the file specification prefix used for installation of executable files by Xft and the value of the option argument specified with --prefix, if any, when compile and linker flags are reported (with --cflags and --libs, respectively). --libs Report the linker flags that are required to link code that uses Xft symbols. --prefix[=local_prefix] If specified without the parameter local_prefix, report the file specification prefix that Xft uses for installation of files. If local_prefix is specified, it is used instead of the file specification prefix used for installation of files by Xft when compile and linker flags are reported (with --cflags and --libs, respectively); also see --exec-prefix. --version Report the version of the Xft library installed on the system and exit. OPERANDS
xft-config does not recognize any non-option arguments. At least one option must be specified. EXIT STATUS
0 Information was successfully reported. 1 xft-config was invoked with invalid arguments, or no arguments at all. AUTHOR
xft-config was written by Keith Packard. This manual page was written by Branden Robinson. SEE ALSO
Xft(3) Xft Version 2.1.14 xft-config(1)