Sponsored Content
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting Shell script to apply functions to multiple columns dynamically Post 303025810 by RudiC on Monday 12th of November 2018 02:45:42 PM
Old 11-12-2018
Quote:
Originally Posted by mkathi

why "," MCOL "," ~ "," $1 "," the "," in this if statement
Print out the two and compare / apply the matching operator ~ .

Quote:
actually means is it a syntax or is it like open and closing cursors in plsql( sorry bas example but sql is the only language i am comfortable for now)

awk allows for a not too small but limited number of open files, of which each echo ... | md5sum consumes one. So, once you reach that limit, action needs to be taken.

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Programming

reallocating structures dynamically in functions

I've recently started using structures, but I am having problems in allocating the structure dynamically. In the code below if i allocate the structure in the main program it works fine, and i get the expected output. However if i use the function rper below to increase the size of the structure i... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: cezaryn
0 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

Managing dynamically multiple shell

I want to launch some shell scripts. I would have the possibility to change the number of shell scripts launched dynamically by modifying a variable, or a configuration file. For example, I start to launch 4 scripts at the same time, and after that, by modifying a variable, 6 scripts are... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: gonzo38
0 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

Shell script dynamically case in VAR

Hallo, I am working on a kdialog. This shall be able to load the required commands from a .conf file. First step runs good by loading the entries (selectabel entries) in a variable: MIRRORSELECT=$(kdialog --radiolist "Select your nearest mirror" $VAR1) The kdialog is accordingly correct... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: ACTGADE
2 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

how to create the files dynamically in c shell script

how can i CREATE a txt file dynamically in c shell: for instance: #! /bin/csh for each i (*) cat>file$i.txt for each j do .... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: jdsignature88
1 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

How to run multiple functions in Background in UNIX Shell Scripting?

Hi, I am using ksh , i have requirement to run 4 functions in background , 4 functions call are available in a case that case is also in function, i need to execute 1st function it should run in background and return to case and next i will call 2nd function it should run in background and... (8 Replies)
Discussion started by: karthikram
8 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

Creating IN list in PLSQL script dynamically by using shell script

Hi all, I have a PLSQL script which has a IN list where it takes some ids as input. For example SELECT * FROM EMPLOYEE WHERE EMPLOYEE_ID IN (comma separated list ) I want to run this quest inside a shell script but I would like to prepare the IN list dynamically where the employee ids... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: LoneRanger
1 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

Read Two Columns - Apply Condition on Six other columns

Hello All, Here is my input univ1 chr1 100 200 - GeneA 500 1 0 0.1 0.2 0.3 0.4 0.5 univ1 chr1 100 200 - GeneA 600 1 0 0.0 0.0 0.0 0.0 0.1 univ1 chr1 100 200 - GeneA 700 1 0 0.4 0.4 ... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: jacobs.smith
2 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

How can I apply 'date' command to specific columns, in a BASH script?

Hi everyone, I have a situation in which I have multiple (3 at last count) date columns in a CSV file (, delim), which need to be changed from: January 1 2017 (note, no comma after day) to: YYYY-MM-DD So far, I am able to convert a date using: date --date="January 12, 1990" +%Y-%m-%d ... (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: richardsantink
7 Replies

9. UNIX for Beginners Questions & Answers

How to apply the update statement in multiple servers on multiple dbs at a time .?

Hi , Can any please help the below requirement on all multiple servers and multiple dbs. update configuration set value='yes' ;1) the above statement apply on 31 Databases at a time on different Ip address eg : 10.104.1.12 (unix ip address ) the above ip box contains 4 db's eg : db... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: venkat918
2 Replies

10. UNIX for Beginners Questions & Answers

How to print multiple required columns dynamically in a file using the header name?

Hi All, i am trying to print required multiple columns dynamically from a fie. But i am able to print only one column at a time. i am new to shell script, please help me on this issue. i am using below script awk -v COLT=$1 ' NR==1 { for (i=1; i<=NF; i++) { ... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: balu1234
2 Replies
ppmtopgm(1)						      General Commands Manual						       ppmtopgm(1)

NAME
ppmtopgm - convert a portable pixmap into a portable graymap SYNOPSIS
ppmtopgm [ppmfile] DESCRIPTION
Reads a portable pixmap as input. Produces a portable graymap as output. The output is a "black and white" rendering of the original image, as in a black and white photograph. The quantization formula used is .299 r + .587 g + .114 b. Note that although there is a pgmtoppm program, it is not necessary for simple conversions from pgm to ppm , because any ppm program can read pgm (and pbm ) files automatically. pgmtoppm is for colorizing a pgm file. Also, see ppmtorgb3 for a different way of converting color to gray. And ppmdist generates a grayscale image from a color image, but in a way that makes it easy to differentiate the original colors, not necessarily a way that looks like a black and white photograph. QUOTE
Cold-hearted orb that rules the night Removes the colors from our sight Red is gray, and yellow white But we decide which is right And which is a quantization error. SEE ALSO
pgmtoppm(1),ppmtorgb3(1),rgb3toppm(1),ppmdist(1),ppm(5),pgm(5) AUTHOR
Copyright (C) 1989 by Jef Poskanzer. 10 April 2000 ppmtopgm(1)