Sponsored Content
Top Forums UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users CentOS7 restoring file capabilities Post 303025699 by Peasant on Saturday 10th of November 2018 12:35:02 AM
Old 11-10-2018
I would suggest using extra switch while using tar --xattrs

Perhaps even add the selinux and ACL options as well to avoid additional problems.

Regards
Peasant.

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Restoring a file from Tape

help please i have "inherited" a Sco Server (the administrator departed in a hurry...yes we are chasing him..) and haven't used Unix for 8 years. i have a file that i need to retrieve from a tape. i have been able to find the file on tape using the cpio -ivt command. however... the problem I... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: mfischer
3 Replies

2. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Restoring a single file...???

Can anyone please help...? Managed to do a ufsdump of files to tape. Having trouble using ufsrestore to pull a single file back by filename?? I have dumped a single file to tape also because looking through the other threads, I noticed that you have to tell it to skip files before you get to... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: Jonathan
1 Replies

3. Solaris

Restoring TAR'd file to different location

Is it possible to restore a TAR'ed file off of a tape to a location other than the original location? If so, how? (The MAN pages give examples of how to restore only to the originating location.) Thanks!! (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: FredSmith
1 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

Restoring a file

I'm new to Unix and have just wrote a little program to move files to a recycle bin (a Directory i created) and restore them. The problem is that i need to keep track of all the full filenames so that i can restore them to the right place. I did this by creating a file called delreg and putting the... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: zoolz
4 Replies

5. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Restoring back a deleted file in unix.

Hi, Can any one tell me how to restore back the deleted file in unix? I know the file name. If i know the inode number of the file does help more to restore back the file? (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: siba.s.nayak
1 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

restoring file to its default location...

Hello everyone, I am new to unix shell. I have a file called Path.txt....and i have data in that as 1 abhi 2 avi 3 ash so on..... 1 ,2 ,3 is the... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: AbhijitIT
2 Replies

7. Solaris

Restoring a Root File System that was on a metadevice

Hello I use Solaris 10. I need to restore the root file system, but I don't know how . i can only boot the server in safe mode or with the cd (ok boot cdrom -s) Do you guys know a good procedure, I don't want to break the mirrors. ( the server is not a cluster). Its an emergency, i would... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: feg
4 Replies

8. Red Hat

Issues restoring a large dump file

Post deleted. (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: Nobody_knows_me
0 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

Restoring a file to its original location

Hello everyone, I am attempting to make a recycling bin type application in shell script (tcsh). I have the whole part of the application done where someone can recycle files from one location to the recycling bin (the lower half of the program), this is not a problem. However I wanted to make... (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: tastybrownies
7 Replies

10. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Restoring deleted file with rm -rf

Is there a way I could recover a deleted text file with "rm -rf" command. Running CentOS 6.5. Thank you. (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: galford
5 Replies
Apache2::Build(3)					User Contributed Perl Documentation					 Apache2::Build(3)

NAME
Apache2::Build - Methods for locating and parsing bits of Apache source code SYNOPSIS
use Apache2::Build (); my $build = Apache2::Build->new; # rebuild mod_perl with build opts from the previous build % cd modperl-2.0 % perl -MApache2::Build -e rebuild DESCRIPTION
This module provides methods for locating and parsing bits of Apache source code. Since mod_perl remembers what build options were used to build it, you can use this knowledge to rebuild it using the same options. Simply chdir to the mod_perl source directory and run: % cd modperl-2.0 % perl -MApache2::Build -e rebuild If you want to rebuild not yet installed, but already built mod_perl, run from its root directory: % perl -Ilib -MApache2::Build -e rebuild METHODS
new Create an object blessed into the Apache2::Build class. my $build = Apache2::Build->new; dir Top level directory where source files are located. my $dir = $build->dir; -d $dir or die "can't stat $dir $! "; find Searches for apache source directories, return a list of those found. Example: for my $dir ($build->find) { my $yn = prompt "Configure with $dir ?", "y"; ... } inc Print include paths for MakeMaker's INC argument to "WriteMakefile". Example: use ExtUtils::MakeMaker; use Apache2::Build (); WriteMakefile( 'NAME' => 'Apache2::Module', 'VERSION' => '0.01', 'INC' => Apache2::Build->new->inc, ); module_magic_number Return the MODULE_MAGIC_NUMBER defined in the apache source. Example: my $mmn = $build->module_magic_number; httpd_version Return the server version. Example: my $v = $build->httpd_version; otherldflags Return other ld flags for MakeMaker's dynamic_lib argument to "WriteMakefile". This might be needed on systems like AIX that need special flags to the linker to be able to reference mod_perl or httpd symbols. Example: use ExtUtils::MakeMaker; use Apache2::Build (); WriteMakefile( 'NAME' => 'Apache2::Module', 'VERSION' => '0.01', 'INC' => Apache2::Build->new->inc, 'dynamic_lib' => { 'OTHERLDFLAGS' => Apache2::Build->new->otherldflags, }, ); AUTHOR
Doug MacEachern perl v5.16.2 2011-12-25 Apache2::Build(3)