Sponsored Content
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting PHP script that detects if auth is required or not on Apache Splunk Post 303025693 by syrius on Friday 9th of November 2018 03:54:17 PM
Old 11-09-2018
This is my question exactly; how to make the script detect if Apache Splunk authentication is required or not. So far, based on my research, we cannot detect it from HTTP code since all the time it returns an HTTP code 303. The only way I could detect if auth is required or not, is by some keyword in the source when auth is not required versus when auth is required.

Thanks

8 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

Apache auth question

While not technically a unix question, I was hoping for some help from you all- I've got an Apache 1.3.x server, and I am using basic auth from the pam_auth module and winbind on the back of that. What I get is a relaly sleek authentication for my Windos domain users, however, as they are wont... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: loadc
1 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

script that detects duplicate files in directory

I need help with a script which accepts one argument and goes through all the files under a directory and prints a list of possible duplicate files As its output, it prints zero or more lines, each one containing a space-separated list of filenames. All the files listed on one line have the same... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: trueman82
1 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

PHP required check box

I am new to PHP scripting. I have a page with a checkbox and I'd like to make it required before submiting Here is the code I have for displaying: <tr> <td align="center" colspan="4"><font size="2" color="#990000" face="Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif"> By checking this box you agree... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: lochraven
1 Replies

4. Linux

Installing Php for apache

Hi i am using Fedora 8 and it comes with precompiled rpm distribution of php. I want to configure my Apache web server for php . Did i need to recompile php.... or it can be configured accordingly for apache... Thanks for any sort of help (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: joshighanshyam
1 Replies

5. Web Development

Apache + DSO PHP

Hello, guys! I have a web server that uses PHP as DSO. Do you know any tool that can help me monitoring the CPU usage for any domain/subdomain that is hosted on this server? (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: Sergiu-IT
1 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

Apache not executing script!! help required soon

i need to know all possible reasons for apache not able to execute a command on server side script. I have a cgi script that calls a shell script .This shell script calls a perl script which has commnad in it. Ths command is not getting executed from gui.The return status of shell script is 256.... (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: raksha.s
7 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

Shell Script for User AUTH Help

#!/usr/bin/ksh /bin/clear LIST_USERS="user1|user2|user" echo "Please enter the PASSWORD:" stty -echo read PASSWORD stty echo if ; then echo "You have access!" else echo "ACCESS DENIED!" exit fi This above script is not working when I auth more then one user w/in... (22 Replies)
Discussion started by: shiv2001in
22 Replies

8. Linux

Need help on apache and PHP

Hi All, I just ordered unmanaged server for my application testing. But when I try to install the application it is showing blank page. Done know, what will be reason it showing blank page This is my output # rpm -q php php-5.3.10-5.el5.art # rpm -q mysql mysql-5.0.95-1.el5_7.1... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: ranjancom2000
2 Replies
PAM_RHOSTS(8)							 Linux-PAM Manual						     PAM_RHOSTS(8)

NAME
pam_rhosts - The rhosts PAM module SYNOPSIS
pam_rhosts.so DESCRIPTION
This module performs the standard network authentication for services, as used by traditional implementations of rlogin and rsh etc. The authentication mechanism of this module is based on the contents of two files; /etc/hosts.equiv (or and ~/.rhosts. Firstly, hosts listed in the former file are treated as equivalent to the localhost. Secondly, entries in the user's own copy of the latter file is used to map "remote-host remote-user" pairs to that user's account on the current host. Access is granted to the user if their host is present in /etc/hosts.equiv and their remote account is identical to their local one, or if their remote account has an entry in their personal configuration file. The module authenticates a remote user (internally specified by the item PAM_RUSER connecting from the remote host (internally specified by the item PAM_RHOST). Accordingly, for applications to be compatible this authentication module they must set these items prior to calling pam_authenticate(). The module is not capable of independently probing the network connection for such information. OPTIONS
debug Print debug information. silent Don't print informative messages. superuser=account Handle account as root. MODULE TYPES PROVIDED
Only the auth module type is provided. RETURN VALUES
PAM_AUTH_ERR The remote host, remote user name or the local user name couldn't be determined or access was denied by .rhosts file. PAM_USER_UNKNOWN User is not known to system. EXAMPLES
To grant a remote user access by /etc/hosts.equiv or .rhosts for rsh add the following lines to /etc/pam.d/rsh: #%PAM-1.0 # auth required pam_rhosts.so auth required pam_nologin.so auth required pam_env.so auth required pam_unix.so SEE ALSO
rootok(3), hosts.equiv(5), rhosts(5), pam.conf(5), pam.d(5), pam(8) AUTHOR
pam_rhosts was written by Thorsten Kukuk <kukuk@thkukuk.de> Linux-PAM Manual 09/19/2013 PAM_RHOSTS(8)