Sponsored Content
Top Forums Web Development Turning jQuery Code into Vue.js Post 303025683 by Neo on Friday 9th of November 2018 09:42:16 AM
Old 11-09-2018
Update:

After looking into this; it seems that it's not really in the design of Vue.js to bind and react to Javascript variables outside the Vue instance sandbox.

No big deal... we can manage without this capability and indeed, as Scott has pointed out to me, there are probably good security reasons for this design (Vue.js as a sandbox).

However, in the interest of being complete, I asked this question over at the Vue forums:

Bind Vue.js variable to external Javascript variable for reactivity - Get Help - Vue Forum

6 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. What is on Your Mind?

JQuery and CSS Flex Code for Responsive WOL Page

I have just wrote this jQuery to the WOL page, so the table of users on line will not need scrollbars and will instead transform into a responsive table: <script> jQuery(document).ready(function (){ jQuery("#neo-who-flex-tcat"). css({"display":"flex","flex-flow":"row wrap", ... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: Neo
0 Replies

2. What is on Your Mind?

JQuery and CSS Flex Code for Responsive Forum Home Page

So far, I have completed making the home page more responsive (except for the forum stats at the top and the WOL box at the bottom, they still use scroll bars). xevV3_iZ8-s For full screen use the link below and set your YT resolution to 1080p60 HD https://youtu.be/xevV3_iZ8-s Here is... (1 Reply)
1 Replies

3. What is on Your Mind?

JQuery to Add Code Tags to Selected Text

Hey. Someone find or write some jQuery code where we can select text with our mouse and then click or double click the highlighted / selected text and then it will wrap code tags around the highlighted text (in our editors). :) (0 Replies)
0 Replies

4. Web Development

Simple Vue.js Component to Redirect to External Web Page Using Vue Router

Vue Router has some quirks and on of the quirks is that it is not reliable when adding external links using the vue-router library. After struggling with many solutions, I have found that creating a simple Vue.js component like this one seems to work the best (so far): Component Example: ... (0 Replies)
0 Replies

5. Web Development

Vue JS 2 Tutorial by The Net Ninja: A Recommended Vue.js Video Tutorial Series

A number of people have asked me how to get started with Vue.js and my reply before today was to Google "Vue.js". That has changed and my recommendation to anyone who wants to learn the fastest growing, easiest to learn and use Vue.js web dev framework is to watch this video tutorial series: ... (0 Replies)
0 Replies

6. Web Development

Vue.js component: Beautiful code highlighter

Sooner than later I will render forum discussions in Vue.js to complement the standard way of showing forum threads. Today, I ran across this component, vue-code-highlight Beautiful code syntax highlighting as Vue.js component. https://www.unix.com/members/1-albums225-picture1199.jpg ... (1 Reply)
1 Replies
RUNKIT_SANDBOX_OUTPUT_HANDLER(3)					 1					  RUNKIT_SANDBOX_OUTPUT_HANDLER(3)

runkit_sandbox_output_handler - Specify a function to capture and/or process output from a runkit sandbox

SYNOPSIS
mixed runkit_sandbox_output_handler (object $sandbox, [mixed $callback]) DESCRIPTION
Ordinarily, anything output (such as with echo(3) or print(3)) will be output as though it were printed from the parent's scope. Using runkit_sandbox_output_handler(3) however, output generated by the sandbox (including errors), can be captured by a function outside of the sandbox. Note Sandbox support (required for runkit_lint(3), runkit_lint_file(3), and the Runkit_Sandbox class) is only available as of PHP 5.1.0 or specially patched versions of PHP 5.0, and requires that thread safety be enabled. See the README file included in the runkit package for more information. Note Deprecated As of runkit version 0.5, this function is deprecated and is scheduled to be removed from the package prior to a 1.0 release. The output handler for a given Runkit_Sandbox instance may be read/set using the array offset syntax shown on the Runkit_Sandbox class definition page. PARAMETERS
o $sandbox - Object instance of Runkit_Sandbox class on which to set output handling. o $callback - Name of a function which expects one parameter. Output generated by $sandbox will be passed to this callback. Anything returned by the callback will be displayed normally. If this parameter is not passed then output handling will not be changed. If a non- truth value is passed, output handling will be disabled and will revert to direct display. RETURN VALUES
Returns the name of the previously defined output handler callback, or FALSE if no handler was previously defined. EXAMPLES
Example #1 Feeding output to a variable <?php function capture_output($str) { $GLOBALS['sandbox_output'] .= $str; return ''; } $sandbox_output = ''; $php = new Runkit_Sandbox(); runkit_sandbox_output_handler($php, 'capture_output'); $php->echo("Hello "); $php->eval('var_dump("Excuse me");'); $php->die("I lost myself."); unset($php); echo "Sandbox Complete "; echo $sandbox_output; ?> The above example will output: Sandbox Complete Hello string(9) "Excuse me" I lost myself. PHP Documentation Group RUNKIT_SANDBOX_OUTPUT_HANDLER(3)