Sponsored Content
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting Update a database table in a for loop Post 303025608 by gull04 on Wednesday 7th of November 2018 01:49:41 AM
Old 11-07-2018
Hi Worky,

Can you run it without the error message redirect, as in;

Code:
for a in `cat /tmp/mw`
do

sql image - << STOP
update doc_table set status = 'Q'
where head_barcode = $a

STOP

done

Can you send the output from, the questions in my previous post?

Regards

Gull04

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Shell Programming and Scripting

export table from oracle database

i would like to export a particular table in my oracle database installed in a hpux box. i would like to determine the filesize of the output before performing these action so i can assess if my harddisk can still handle it. thanks as usuall :rolleyes: (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: inquirer
1 Replies

2. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

Upload of the images from the folder to the Database table

Hi all, i am new to the unix enviorment i have got a urgent requirement where we need to migrate the date from the folder heirachy that contains the "IMAGES". These images are to be uploaded on to the database table. Uploading images from the a single folder (Static) to the... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: shashisaini24
0 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

ccall database and collect data from one table

I want to connect to one database and collect data from any table using shell script. (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: rinku
0 Replies

4. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

Delete database table based on months using script.

HI All, Newbie here. I have a script which generates the tables in teradata database with time stamp like below.I want to add some more code to delete the archive tables which are 2months old. . $HOME/.profile t_name=$1 procdate=`date +%y%m%d` log_dir=$Folder/log tab=`echo... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: Maverick79
0 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

Dynamic update loop query on Sybase database

Hello Guys, I'm new to Shell scripting, and i need someone to help me with this issue: I'm trying to do a dynamic update query on Sysbase database table using shell script. Lets say, the Update query is "update Table set id=X" , where X is dynamic value for the loop index. If the loop is... (10 Replies)
Discussion started by: Alaeddin
10 Replies

6. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Creating a table (graphic not database)

Hi, I want to create a table on our unix box that allows the user to tab through it and select certain option by putting an asterix or similair into it. e.g. -------------- |Start App | | |Stop App |*| etc... Can this be done using a script (never seen any graphics options in ksh, but... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: dlam
2 Replies

7. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

how to run cron job to truncate database table

hi i'm a bit stuck trying to find the correct syntax in order to run a cron job which just truncates all info from a single table in my database i have a main database - db1 and i have a table in that database - userips i wish to create a cron job that truncates or removes all the info... (9 Replies)
Discussion started by: wingchun22
9 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

How to use awk for printing line from database table?

Hi , I have inserted some records in a table having column "value1 varchar2(4000)" and want to spool in a file. I have written as below set echo off set feed off set hea off set wra off set lin 500 spo temp_table and fired select query as below select value1 from temp_table; spo... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: CaapAjayShukla
6 Replies

9. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

Synchronize DataBase Table Between Machines Via SSH?

Hello I have 2 servers that need a database table to be one way synchronized (server A needs to push the table to server B) I considered using a FEDERATED DB, but decided against it for my particular application (Server B has several apps that would be calling the table repeatedly, and a... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: kettlewell
3 Replies

10. Shell Programming and Scripting

Intelligent Script to Insert Records in Database Table

Hello All Members, I am new to this forum and to the shell scripting. I want to write a shell script to do the following: Scenario: I have a pipe delimited .txt file with multiple fields in it. The very first row of the file contains the name of the column which resembles the name of the... (18 Replies)
Discussion started by: chetanojha
18 Replies
break(1)                                                           User Commands                                                          break(1)

NAME
break, continue - shell built-in functions to escape from or advance within a controlling while, for, foreach, or until loop SYNOPSIS
sh break [n] continue [n] csh break continue ksh *break [n] *continue [n] DESCRIPTION
sh The break utility exits from the enclosing for or while loop, if any. If n is specified, break n levels. The continue utility resumes the next iteration of the enclosing for or while loop. If n is specified, resume at the n-th enclosing loop. csh The break utility resumes execution after the end of the nearest enclosing foreach or while loop. The remaining commands on the current line are executed. This allows multilevel breaks to be written as a list of break commands, all on one line. The continue utility continues execution of the next iteration of the nearest enclosing while or foreach loop. ksh The break utility exits from the enclosed for, while, until, or select loop, if any. If n is specified, then break n levels. If n is greater than the number of enclosing loops, the outermost enclosing loop shall be exited. The continue utility resumes the next iteration of the enclosed for, while, until, or select loop. If n is specified then resume at the n- th enclosed loop. If n is greater than the number of enclosing loops, the outermost enclosing loop shall be used. On this man page, ksh(1) commands that are preceded by one or two * (asterisks) are treated specially in the following ways: 1. Variable assignment lists preceding the command remain in effect when the command completes. 2. I/O redirections are processed after variable assignments. 3. Errors cause a script that contains them to abort. 4. Words that follow a command preceded by ** that are in the format of a variable assignment are expanded with the same rules as a vari- able assignment. This means that tilde substitution is performed after the = sign, and also that word splitting and file name genera- tion are not performed. ATTRIBUTES
See attributes(5) for descriptions of the following attributes: +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ | ATTRIBUTE TYPE | ATTRIBUTE VALUE | +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ |Availability |SUNWcsu | +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ SEE ALSO
csh(1), exit(1), ksh(1), sh( 1), attributes(5) SunOS 5.10 17 Jul 2002 break(1)