Sponsored Content
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting Slack message multi line from UNIX script Post 303025581 by onenessboy on Tuesday 6th of November 2018 07:16:51 AM
Old 11-06-2018
Quote:
Originally Posted by MadeInGermany
You can also separate with a newline, and you can use two -e options for sed, and I think you want to insert \ characters
Code:
escapedText=$(
echo "$text
$text1" | sed -e 's/"/\\"/g' -e "s/'/\\\\'/g"
)

In sed the \ character (and the & character and the separator) need to be \escaped in the substitution string.
Within a "quoted string" a \ needs to be \escaped for the shell, so "\\\\" becomes "\\" when passed to sed.
You see that a newline is retained within a "string in quotes" or a 'string in ticks'.
You further see that $( ) embeds a complete shell code that can be multi-line of course.

Usually I prefer one argument in ticks for sed:
Code:
escapedText=$(
echo "$text
$text1" | sed 's/"/\\"/; s/'\''/\\'\''/g'
)

knowing that '\'' is the escape for a literal ' within a 'string in ticks'
Thank you all for reply..

My bad, i could have pasted full code.. Yes, I wanted to print those in different lines. However the above solution works Thank you @madeingermany for solution Smilie However I need one more doubt the below script i am using for finding database status and posting it on slack channel.. however currently I am passing db_sid name as run time parameter which is "orcl" for example. However there are instances where I have multiple db instance in some of the environments in such case, I need the below solution to run for all db_sid instead of passing db_sid as parameter. Actually i use
Code:
 `ps -ef | grep smon | grep $db_sid | awk '{print $8}'`

. In some environments I have more than one db_sid so I need program to run against all and post status to slack.. However, tried with for loop but its was never ending.. any suggestions please.

Code:
db_sid=$1
source /home/oracle/PRD
ora_home=$ORACLE_HOME

db_st=`ps -ef | grep smon | grep $db_sid | awk '{print $8}'`
db_sid_pro="ora_smon_$db_sid"

case "$db_st" in
"$db_sid_pro")
tag="true"
msg="$db_sid database instance is running"
echo "$db_sid_pro database process is running"
;;
*)
if [ -e $ora_home/dbs/spfile$db_sid.ora ];then
msg="database is down"
echo "database is down"
tag="false"
else
tag="false"
msg="Incorrect database SID - $db_sid. Please provide the correct database SID"
echo "Incorrect database SID - $db_sid. Please provide the correct database SID"
fi
;;
esac

lsn=`lsnrctl status | grep successfully | awk '{print $4}'`
case "$lsn" in
"successfully")
lmsg="Oracle listener is up and running"
echo "Oracle listener is up and running"
ltag="true"
;;
*)
lmsg="Oracle listener is down please make it up"
echo "Oracle listener is down please make it up"
ltag="false"
;;
esac

if [ $tag = "false" ]; then
echo "$msg"
fi

if [ $ltag = "false" ]; then
echo "$lmsg"
fi

slackhost="slackb"

token="xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx"

if [[ $token == "" ]]
then
        echo "No token specified"
        exit 1
fi

shift
channel="#are_you_listening"
if [[ $channel == "" ]]
then
        echo "No channel specified"
        exit 1
fi

shift

text="$msg"
text1="$lmsg"

if [[ $text == "" ]]
then
        echo "No text specified"
        exit 1
fi

#escapedText=$(echo $text | $text1 | sed 's/"/\"/g' | sed "s/'/\'/g" )
escapedText=$(
echo "$text
$text1" | sed 's/"/\\"/; s/'\''/\\'\''/g'
)
json="{\"channel\": \"#$channel\", \"text\": \"$escapedText\"}"

curl -X POST --data-urlencode "payload=$json" "https://hooks.slack.com/services/xxxx/xxx/xxxxxx

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Programming

message queues and multi-process

Hi, Am supposed to use message queues to send and receive messages between the processes. when i was working on that i realised that the message qid and the message queue related data should be maintained in a shared memory so that it can be accessed by all the processes. Could anybody refer... (10 Replies)
Discussion started by: rvan
10 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

Multi line variable script... needs help.

I am trying to write a script that will help me put a file into excel with little manipulation. Below is a sample of the file im using. Group1:*:gid1:user,user Group2:*:gid2:user,user Group3:*:gid3:user,user,user,user,user,user,user Group4:*:gid4:user,user I marked in red the part that is... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: rookieuxixsa
1 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

SH script to parse string and return multi-line file

Hello all, I have been asked to exercise my shell scripting and it has been 10 plus years since I used to do it so I can not remember hardly anything and ask for your help. What I need to do is copy a line out of a file that can be 10 to 100 characters long, I then need to parse this line into... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: Alivadoro
3 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

Multi-line filtering based on multi-line pattern in a file

I have a file with data records separated by multiple equals signs, as below. ========== RECORD 1 ========== RECORD 2 DATA LINE ========== RECORD 3 ========== RECORD 4 DATA LINE ========== RECORD 5 DATA LINE ========== I need to filter out all data from this file where the... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: Finja
2 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

Removing SAS multi line comments in UNIX

i have to remove the commented (/* . . . .*/) part which starts in one line and ends in other.help me with generic code because i have 1000 to 10k lines code which i have to remove. data one; set work.temp; input name age; infile filename; /* dfsdf dsfs sdfdf dsdd sdfsf sdfsf sfs... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: saaisiva
4 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

Sed: deleting last line prevents '$' address from working in the multi-script invocation

It looks like if matching and deleting the last line confuses 'sed' so it does not recognize '$' address. Consider: sed -e '/^3/d' -e '$ a text' supposed to delete a line starting with '3' and then append 'text' after the last line of input. But, if it is the last line of input which starts... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: msz59
2 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

Reading Multi Line SQL in UNIX

Hello, Currently, I am reading few queries from the below .sql file --SOURCE TABLE NAME --SOURCE QUERY SEL COL1, COL2, COL3, COL4, COL5, COL6, COL7 WHERE COL5 = '2015-11-04 16:24:00.000000' FROM SOURCE TABLE; --TARGET TABLE NAME --TARGET QUERY SEL COLUMN1, COLUMN2, COLUMN3, COLUMN4,... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: ronitreddy
4 Replies

8. UNIX for Beginners Questions & Answers

Script to accept Multi line inputs

Hi there, I'm trying to create a script that will accept multiple inputs by copying and pasting the strings from a notepad, hit Enter key and output the string to a text file.I'm thinking of using the read command however it will just simply get the first line. Apologies but got no idea how... (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: norbie.lopez
7 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

Help with reformat single-line multi-fasta into multi-line multi-fasta

Input File: >Seq1 ASDADAFASFASFADGSDGFSDFSDFSDFSDFSDFSDFSDFSDFSDFSDFSD >Seq2 SDASDAQEQWEQeqAdfaasd >Seq3 ASDSALGHIUDFJANCAGPATHLACJHPAUTYNJKG ...... Desired Output File >Seq1 ASDADAFASF ASFADGSDGF SDFSDFSDFS DFSDFSDFSD FSDFSDFSDF SD >Seq2 (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: patrick87
4 Replies

10. UNIX for Beginners Questions & Answers

Merge multi-lines into one single line using shell script or Linux command

Hi, Can anyone help me for merge the following multi-line log which beginning with a " and line ending with ": into one line. *****Original Log***** 087;2008-12-06;084403;"mc;;SYHLR6AP1D\LNZW;AD-703;1;12475;SYHLR6AP1B;1.1.1.1;0000000062;HGPDI:MSISDN=12345678,APNID=1,EQOSID=365;... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: rajeshlinux2010
3 Replies