Sponsored Content
Top Forums UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users Different multipath softwares for RAC Post 303025578 by Peasant on Tuesday 6th of November 2018 06:37:48 AM
Old 11-06-2018
Yes, it's the same as volume groups.

Each has a unique identifier in header.
For instance on Linux or HPUX, if you run vgscan, whatever names are there the import will work if all the disks are there with same VGID.

ASM works the same, after it can see the disks using ASM_DISKSTRING.
Using MPXIO the path to be used in software won't actually be /scsi_vhci/... but rather /dev/[r]dsk/c0t ...
... being storage controller wwn + LUN ID

Check the correlation with ls -lrt /dev/rdsk/<some fc disk>
And doing luxadm display /dev/rdsk/...s2
Numbers will be matched.t.

This is what i do not like about linux multipath and those default /dev/sd[abcefg...]
But you can always rewrite the multipath configuration file to create mapper device files in similar fashion Smilie

Regards
Peasant
This User Gave Thanks to Peasant For This Post:

9 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Solaris

Findout 3rd party softwares in Linux/Solaris server

Hi all, how to find 3rd party softwares like Oracle,phpldapadmin,Citrix etc (other than packages) which are installed on a linux box. Please guide me to get this info'n on LINUX/SOLARIS. Thanks in advance, Uday (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: uday123
0 Replies

2. Solaris

How to download softwares on Solaris

I am connected to Internet on newly built solaris machine. I have downloaded putty.exe on Desktop and then when I double clicked it ... It gave some errors of 'Associating Application...' what is all that? and How to run Putty now? I dont remember... but may be I did something on association window... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: panchpan
1 Replies

3. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

installing softwares and utilities in unix

Greetings to Everyone, iam a new unix learner , can anyone tell me how to install softwares and utilities in unix, (comparing with windows installation) . in windows we use to install softwares like executing a "exe" file with "next,next....finish." Give me some details abt "how the setup... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: vijayq8
1 Replies

4. Ubuntu

list the softwares installed in Linux

I need list of 3rd party softwares installed in a Unix server (eg: Fedora / RedHat). I know if they are system supported format (like rpm format for fedora/redhat, pkg format for debian/ubuntu etc) we can list them by system specific commands ($ rpm -qa). But how to list the softwares installed... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: uday123
3 Replies

5. Solaris

free softwares

I just installed solaris 10 x86, i was wondering if there are softwares out there that i can install on my system to make my system more lively eg photo browser etc, also i was trying to play dvd movie with totem movie player when i had error "could not determine stream type" (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: seyiisq
2 Replies

6. Solaris

How to converting rac to one rac ?

hi everyone, We have rac system which has two sun solaris M5000s and two oracle 11gR2 databases respectively. Also , we have unix codes on one rac and these unix codes extract txt files for external tables during first step of ETL. We run our unix codes using Util.RunThis java code and... (10 Replies)
Discussion started by: imtheone
10 Replies

7. Linux

What is the lightest distro for using Debian/Ubuntu softwares

Which distro uses lowest system resource (when installed on hard_disk/usb.) where I can install software from Debian OR Ubuntu repository? I found Quelitu which is based on Lubuntu, but uses less memory as given on their site. There are lighter distros but most of them are based on Slackware. I... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: iripu
0 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

Ftp client softwares that will generate UNIX commands

Hi Folks, Please advise for FTP client softwares like winscp we use mostly to transfer the files to other unix box machines but any ftp software which in logs will also generate and show the unix commands parallely for ex if I create a directory graphically through ftp software then it will list... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: punpun66
1 Replies

9. Solaris

Information regarding softwares installed on the Solaris server

I need to know information regarding the softwares/applications that are installed on my Solaris server and also its end of life or support information. Can some one help me how to get these details please... Thanks (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: ssk250
3 Replies
did(7)						     Sun Cluster Device and Network Interfaces						    did(7)

NAME
did - user configurable disk id driver DESCRIPTION
Note - Beginning with the Sun Cluster 3.2 release, Sun Cluster software includes an object-oriented command set. Although Sun Cluster software still supports the original command set, Sun Cluster procedural documentation uses only the object-oriented command set. For more infor- mation about the object-oriented command set, see the Intro(1CL) man page. Disk ID (DID) is a user configurable pseudo device driver that provides access to underlying disk, tape, and CDROM devices. When the device supports unique device ids, multiple paths to a device are determined according to the device id of the device. Even if multiple paths are available with the same device id, only one DID name is given to the actual device. In a clustered environment, a particular physical device will have the same DID name regardless of its connectivity to more than one host or controller. This, however, is only true of devices that support a global unique device identifier such as physical disks. DID maintains parallel directories for each type of device that it manages under /dev/did. The devices in these directories behave the same as their non-DID counterparts. This includes maintaining slices for disk and CDROM devices as well as names for different tape device behaviors. Both raw and block device access is also supported for disks by means of /dev/did/rdsk and /dev/did/rdsk. At any point in time, I/O is only supported down one path to the device. No multipathing support is currently available through DID. Before a DID device can be used, it must first be initialized by means of the scdidadm(1M) command. IOCTLS
The DID driver maintains an admin node as well as nodes for each DID device minor. No user ioctls are supported by the admin node. The DKIOCINFO ioctl is supported when called against the DID device nodes such as /dev/did/rdsk/d0s2. All other ioctls are passed directly to the driver below. FILES
/dev/did/dsk/dnsm block disk or CDROM device, where n is the device number and m is the slice number /dev/did/rdsk/dnsm raw disk or CDROM device, where n is the device number and m is the slice number /dev/did/rmt/n tape device , where n is the device number /dev/did/admin administrative device /kernel/drv/did driver module /kernel/drv/did.conf driver configuration file /etc/did.conf scdidadm configuration file for non-clustered systems Cluster Configuration Repository (CCscdidadm(1M) maintains configuration in the CCR for clustered systems SEE ALSO
devfsadm(1M), Intro(1CL), cldevice(1CL), scdidadm(1M) NOTES
DID creates names for devices in groups, in order to decrease the overhead during device hot-plug. For disks, device names are created in /dev/did/dsk and /dev/did/rdsk in groups of 100 disks at a time. For tapes, device names are created in /dev/did/rmt in groups of 10 tapes at a time. If more devices are added to the cluster than are handled by the current names, another group will be created. Sun Cluster 3.2 24 April 2001 did(7)