Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: Lsof command
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting Lsof command Post 303025563 by RudiC on Monday 5th of November 2018 04:35:50 PM
Old 11-05-2018
I'm afraid, no. lsof doesn't seem to offer what you request by itself. So you'd be dependent on massageing the output afterwards. But, in lieu of appending another pipe into sed, grep, or another awk, you could enhance your existing awklet. But, be aware that the directory itself doesn't have to be open although files in it are (try exec 3>/path/to/somewhere/completely/else and lsof +d that path), so be very sure you really want to exclude it.

Last edited by RudiC; 11-05-2018 at 06:53 PM..

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

lsof output

I have a number of open files connecting to the rpcbind process running on HPUX 11.00. Usinf lsof -p rpcbind I am unable to identify the ip addresses of the open files. Example of one below - Any ideas? rpcbind 19754 root 100u inet 72,0x72 0t0 TCP 79.60.53.40:* (BOUND) (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: Malcolmm
2 Replies

2. Filesystems, Disks and Memory

lsof

Could someone please give me a step for a hint on which version and where is the above utility is for version 4.3.3.0 of Aix. (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: jacl
1 Replies

3. AIX

command lsof

hello Sorry but i don't understand very well the lsof command with the man. Can you explain to me what is the use of this command ? thank you (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: pascalbout
2 Replies

4. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

lsof ???

Hi All, I'm having a problem with "lsof" in HP-UX system. Its giving me 2 two different results when running it. 1 . lsof -p 'PID' | wc -l -----gives some value 2 . lsof | grep 'PID' | wc -l The above two commands gives me two different values with the same PID...... Thanks (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: marc
6 Replies

5. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

require alternate command for lsof

Using lsof command i can find out which process-id is associated with the port. lsof -i :51000 . But as part of process i cant have lsof in the server. I am using sun solaris 8 and only kshell. Is there a way to find out which process is using the above port. as of now i am gettn port... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: logic0
1 Replies

6. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

lsof

I'm looking to list all of the files open at a certain time up on a UNIX box. From looking on the internet, it looks as though lsof is the most common. However have tried this and got the following: ksh: lsof: not found Now having gone into bash mode and hit tab twice I see that lsof... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: meevagh
3 Replies

7. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

about lsof

Hi, I typed lsof -i :80 in my putty but i am not able to get sockets related to port 80 Can any one help me out soon Can anyone point out the reason for not able to get the related sockets Output of what i am getting in my putty is displayed below training@use:~> lsof -i :80... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: satheeshkr_cse
4 Replies

8. HP-UX

lsof in HP-UX

In Linux and Solaris lsof accepts the -X switch which allows to see if deleted files are still in use and eat disk space. In HP-UX it is now working and it is a problem... today one of my filesystems on the server was increasing very fast but existing file sizes were not really changing. lsof shows... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: Vorb
3 Replies

9. Solaris

Difference between fuser and lsof command

Hi, Can anyone explain me the difference between fsuer and lsof commands. As per my knowledge both the commands are used to find the processes used by the current file system or user. Apart from that what is the major difference between these commands (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: rogerben
3 Replies

10. AIX

Lsof command giving while loop

Hello, There is a process in AIX which is actually a oracle database user session but is running very slow When I use lsof it give below output lsof /proc/21955180 In while loop:256 In while loop:256 In while loop:256 In while loop:256 Value of I :183 np:1024 Please... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: Vishal_dba
1 Replies
LOGPROF.CONF(5) 						     AppArmor							   LOGPROF.CONF(5)

NAME
logprof.conf - configuration file for expert options that modify the behavior of the AppArmor aa-logprof(1) program. DESCRIPTION
The aa-logprof(1) program can be configured to have certain default behavior by the contents of logprof.conf. The [qualifiers] section lists specific programs that should have a subset of the full ix/px/ux list when asking what mode to execute it using. Since creating a separate profile for /bin/bash is dangerous, we can specify that for /bin/bash, only (I)nherit, (U)nconstrained, and (D)eny should be allowed options and only those will show up in the prompt when we're asking about adding that to a profile. Likewise, if someone currently exec's /bin/mount in ix or px mode, things won't work, so we can provide only (U)nconstrained and (D)eny as options. And certain apps like grep, awk, sed, cp, and mkdir should always inherit the parent profile rather than having their own profile or running unconfined, so for them we can specify that only (I)nherit and (D)eny are the allowed options. Any programs that are not listed in the qualifiers section get the full (I)nherit / (P)rofile / (U)nconstrained / (D)eny option set. If the user is doing something tricky and wants different behavior, they can tweak or remove the corresponding line in the conf file. The [defaulthat] section lists changehat-aware programs and what hat aa-logprof(1) will collapse the entries to for that program if the user specifies that the access should be allowed, but should not have it's own hat. The [globs] section allows modification of the logprof rule engine with respect to globbing suggestions that the user will be prompted with. The format of each line is-- "<perl glob> = <apparmor glob>". When aa-logprof(1) asks about a specific path, if the perl glob matches the path, it replaces the part of the path that matched with the corresponding apparmor glob and adds it to the list of globbing suggestions. Lines starting with # are comments and are ignored. EXAMPLE
[qualifiers] # things will very likely be painfully broken if bash has it's own profile /bin/bash = iu # mount doesn't work if it's confined /bin/mount = u # these helper utilities should inherit the parent profile and # shouldn't have their own profiles /bin/awk = i /bin/grep = i /bin/sed = i [defaulthat] /usr/sbin/sshd = EXEC /usr/sbin/httpd2 = DEFAULT_URI /usr/sbin/httpd2-prefork = DEFAULT_URI [globs] # /foo/bar/lib/libbaz.so -> /foo/bar/lib/lib* /lib/lib[^/]+so[^/]*$ = /lib/lib*so* # strip kernel version numbers from kernel module accesses ^/lib/modules/[^/]+/ = /lib/modules/*/ # strip pid numbers from /proc accesses ^/proc/d+/ = /proc/*/ BUGS
If you find any bugs, please report them at <http://https://bugs.launchpad.net/apparmor/+filebug>. SEE ALSO
apparmor(7), apparmor.d(5), aa-enforce(1), aa-complain(1), aa-disable(1), aa_change_hat(2), aa-logprof(1), aa-genprof(1), and <http://wiki.apparmor.net>. AppArmor 2.7.103 2012-06-28 LOGPROF.CONF(5)