Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: Yum update error
Operating Systems Linux Fedora Yum update error Post 303025554 by Neo on Monday 5th of November 2018 11:15:24 AM
Old 11-05-2018
Normally, when I do these kinds of "blanket updates", things break, so I update only the packages I need to update, one at a time.

The "blanket updates" are hard to debug, so I do not recommend them.
This User Gave Thanks to Neo For This Post:

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Linux

update packages with yum

Hello Is there a way to update a package to a specific version with yum? So, I have version 1 of package A installed. Versions 2 and 3 are available, but I only want to upgrade to version 2. Any assistance would be appreciated. Thanks! (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: garskoci
1 Replies

2. Red Hat

Yum Update

I am using Cent OS 5 i need to update proxy server address in yum, i don't know where to update and how exactly i need to specify the proxy address can anyone help me in the issue. (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: praneel2k
2 Replies

3. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Centos commands: Yum Upgrade versus Yum update

Hi, I would like to know the difference between YUM UPDATE and YUM UPGRADE. The man pages say upgrade is same as update with the obsolete option. And by default it says the obsolete option is turned on, which would make them equivalent. Does not say what obsolete does. Can someone please... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: mojoman
3 Replies

4. Linux

Yum update/install script

Any one know of a way to do a yum -install and draw the argument of what to install from a text file? I have a huge list of rpms that I have to install on a bunch of machines and I would like to run one script that goes to each machine and installs all rpms in the list I have. (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: rd42
2 Replies

5. Red Hat

Yum Update and Kernels

I have a server running CentOS 5 and when yum update is run and a new kernel is installed and there are more then 3 kernels installed the oldest ones are removed. Anyway to achieve this with CentOS 4? Matt (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: lforum
1 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

Yum update using expect

Hi, I have an expect script which connects to whatever Ip is passed to it. It performs a variety of tasks, all of which it completes fine except for the yum updates. For some reason it sends commands early, during the yum update. Any ideas? Thanks. (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: meor
2 Replies

7. Red Hat

Specify version in yum update

Hello All, I am trying to upgrade redhat from 5.6 to 5.8. When i use Code: yum update -y it installs 5.9 I dont want 5.9, instead i would like to upgrade to 5.8 is there anyway to specify a version when you are doing Code: yum update (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: adam25ca
4 Replies

8. Red Hat

Cant update yum what so ever [Errno 14] HTTP Error 404 - Not Found

Hello!!! I am so frustrated I'm about to snap!!! I cant hear any sound in Firefox or re-install Chrome. Every time I try to do anything with YUM inside my terminal (like update or install) I keep getting this error:failure: repodata/repomd.xml from virtualbox: No more mirrors to try. I... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: ApacheOmega
2 Replies

9. Red Hat

Unable to perform yum update

Hi, I run RHEL 5.2 as a server in my lab. Now the issue I am facing is that I am unable to update my machine using yum update. It shows an error of missing dependencies though dependencies are already installed. Please help me to do that. Error screen shot is also attached. (9 Replies)
Discussion started by: Ankur Goyal
9 Replies

10. UNIX for Beginners Questions & Answers

Installation of virt-manager while yum update and yum install rhvm does not work

I have downloaded RHEV-H 4.2 Red Hat Virtualization - Red Hat Customer Portal (RHVirtualization 4.2 Host and Manager iso). I uploaded the image and installed on an HP G9 server baremetal. I found I dont have a WAN/net connectivity later on HPG9 server. How can I still install virt-manager on... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: Paras Pandey
1 Replies
yum-filter-data(1)														yum-filter-data(1)

NAME
yum filter data plugin SYNOPSIS
yum [options] [command] [package ...] DESCRIPTION
This plugin extends yum with some options, currently just for "update" and "list update" type commands, to allow filters to be placed on which packages should be used based on the data in those packages. Note that due to some of the data being unknown, and thus could possibly match, all unknown data is treated as a match. GENERAL OPTIONS
These are the options added to yum that are available in the "list updates", "info updates", "check-update" and "update" commands. They are: --filter-vendors This option includes packages which have a vendor which matches one of the passed vendor wildcard strings, or is unknown. Note that vendors can have spaces in their value, so "," is the only way to specify multiple vendors as one option argument. --filter-rpm-groups This option includes packages which have a group which matches one of the passed rpm group wildcard strings, or is unknown. Note that rpm groups can have spaces in their value, so "," is the only way to specify multiple rpm groups as one option argument. --filter-packagers This option includes packages which have a packager which matches one of the passed packager wildcard strings, or is unknown. Note that vendors can have spaces in their value, so "," is the only way to specify multiple packagers as one option argument. --filter-licenses This option includes packages which have a license which matches one of the passed license wildcard strings, or is unknown. Note that licenses can have spaces in their value, so "," is the only way to specify multiple licenses as one option argument. --filter-arches This option includes packages which have a arch which matches one of the passed arch wildcard strings, or is unknown. --filter-committers This option includes packages which have a committer which matches one of the passed committer wildcard strings, or is unknown. Note that committers can have spaces in their value, so "," is the only way to specify multiple committers as one option argument. Also, committer values are so loosely formed that they could contain commas too, it is recommended to not do that but you can work around it by using "?". --filter-buildhosts This option includes packages which have a buildhost which matches one of the passed buildhost wildcard strings, or is unknown. --filter-urls This option includes packages which have a url which matches one of the passed url wildcard strings, or is unknown. --filter-package-sizes This option includes packages which have a packagesize which is within one of the passed packagesize ranges, or is unknown. --filter-archive-sizes This option includes packages which have a archivesize which is within one of the passed archivesize ranges, or is unknown. --filter-installed-sizes This option includes packages which have a installedsize which is within one of the passed installedsize ranges, or is unknown. --filter-groups This option includes packages which are in a yum group which matches one of the passed yum group id strings, or is unknown. Note that yum groups can have spaces in their value, so "," is the only way to specify multiple yum groups as one option argument. EXAMPLES
To list all updates that are 1 MB or less use: yum --filter-package-sizes=-1m check-update To apply updates that Dan Walsh has committed use: yum --filter-committers='Dan Walsh *' update To list updates for a specific group use: yum --filter-rpm-groups='App*/Sys*' list updates To apply updates to a specific set of groups use: yum --filter-rpm-groups='App*/System,Devel*/Lib*,System Environment/Base' update To list updates for a set of yum groups use: yum --filter-groups='PostgreSQL Database,Web Server' list updates To apply updates to a specific set of yum groups use: yum --filter-groups='KDE,Core,Printing Support' update SEE ALSO
yum-list-data (1) yum (8) yum.conf (5) AUTHORS
James Antill <james.antill@redhat.com>. BUGS
Currently yum can't filter packages in all of the commands, so for instance "yum list 'yum*'" doesn't get the results filtered. Apart from that there are no bugs, but should you find any, you should first consult the FAQ section on http://yum.baseurl.org/wiki/Faq and if unsuccessful in finding a resolution contact the mailing list: yum-devel@lists.baseurl.org. To file a bug use http://bugzilla.red- hat.com for Fedora/RHEL/Centos related bugs and http://yum.baseurl.org/report for all other bugs. James Antill 04 February 2008 yum-filter-data(1)