Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: Comparing Integers (I think)
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting Comparing Integers (I think) Post 303025542 by vgersh99 on Monday 5th of November 2018 09:33:09 AM
Old 11-05-2018
Add set -x as the second line in your script and rerun.
what's the output of your curl?
Please use code tags when posting.

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Shell Programming and Scripting

integers in the if statement

hi, im trying to compare two variables in csh to put in an if statement, eg: set a = $firstnum set b = $secondnum if ($a -ge $b) echo $a But I get an error ("if: Expression syntax"). How can I make csh see my variables as integers? thanks in advance! (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: Deanne
5 Replies

2. Programming

Using write() with integers in C

I'm trying to write an integer to a file using the write() function, but write() requires the parameter to be written to be a const void*. How would I go about doing this? also: using itoa() produces a " warning: implicit declaration of function 'itoa' " even though i have #included stdlib.h (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: h@run
2 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

bash problem when comparing integers

Hi, When I compare currentfiledate to reportfiledate I get a "-bash: currentfiledate=20090220080101 reportfiledate=20090219231245 if ; then echo -ne "!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! \n" echo -ne "!! Running the load utility !! \n" fi Our... (15 Replies)
Discussion started by: rbournival
15 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

Add non-integers using ksh

I would like to add 4.7 and 1.2. However I am unable to do this with expr. Any simple ideas (even using something other than expr)? Example: me> expr 4 + 1 5 me> expr 4.7 + 1.2 expr: 0402-046 A specified operator requires numeric parameters. (18 Replies)
Discussion started by: 2dumb
18 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

integers, floats and text

I am using gawk in a dos shell in windows xp and want to read a datafile and reformat it. The datafile consists of columns of integers, floating point numbers and text strings. Each column is a fixed width and each column contains the same data type, eg all integers, all text. I am looking for a... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: lookingfor help
0 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

Strings to integers in an arithmetic loop

Hi all, Could someone please advise what is the correct syntax for my little script to process a table of values? The table is as follows: 0.002432 20.827656 0.006432 23.120364 0.010432 25.914184 0.014432 20.442655 0.018432 20.015243 0.022432 21.579517 0.026432 18.886874... (9 Replies)
Discussion started by: euval
9 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

Cancel down 2 integers

Wonderful evening to all of you! My problem has to possible starting points. Well, not really, but getting to either one is no problem at all. So i got either a string in the format of "1920x1080" or simply the integers X = 1920 and Y = 1080. When I am done, I would like to have an output... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: jakunar
5 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

Grep float/integers but skip some integers

Hi, I am working in bash in Mac OSX, I have following 'input.txt' file: <INFO> HypoTestTool: >>> Done running HypoTestInverter on the workspace combined <INFO> HypoTestTool: The computed upper limit is: 11 +/- 1.02651 <INFO> HypoTestTool: expected limit (median) 11 <INFO> HypoTestTool: ... (13 Replies)
Discussion started by: Asif Siddique
13 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

Bash Integers/String

Hy friends, I am newbie to bash scripting, can anyone explain how b=${a/23/BB} # Substitute "BB" for "23". this line converts "b" into string and and "d" into Integer. Thanks in advance (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: Qazi
4 Replies

10. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Strings to integers?

Hi, I'm totally new at this, so help will be appreciated. I have a directory with a bunch of files in it. The files are named xinteger_yinteger_zinteger.vtk (eg, x3_y0_z-1.vtk). I want to read the filenames and then assign the integers to variables that I then can use in expressions. So, for... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: jhsinger
6 Replies
VM(1)								      mgetty								     VM(1)

NAME
vm - VoiceModem is the program for handling the voice modem functionality from shell scripts ACTIONS
beep options [<frequency [<length in 0.001sec>]]> diagnostics options device name (e.g. ttyS2 dial options phone number help play options [<file names]+> record options file name shell options [<shell script [shell options]]> wait options [<time in seconds]> devicetest OPTIONS
-c n use compression type n -d n set i/o device -t, -m, -i, -e, -s, -H equals to -d <2,3,4,5,6,7> -l s set device string (e.g. -l ttyS2:ttyC0) -v verbose output -w use off / on hook signal from local handset to start and stop recording -x n set debug level -L n set maximum recording length in sec -P print first DTMF tone on stdout and exit -R read and print DTMF string on stdout and exit -S s set default shell for shell scripts (e.g. -S /bin/sh) -T n set silence timeout in 0.1sec -V n set silence threshold to <n> (0-100%%) SEE ALSO
vgetty(1) POD ERRORS
Hey! The above document had some coding errors, which are explained below: Around line 30: You forgot a '=back' before '=head1' Around line 32: '=item' outside of any '=over' Around line 71: You forgot a '=back' before '=head1' perl v5.10.1 2010-04-04 VM(1)