Sponsored Content
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting Regex to validate parameter for sleep Post 303025541 by Ralph on Monday 5th of November 2018 09:42:00 AM
Old 11-05-2018
As close as I am now. But the same numbers still slip through.

With this in 'file':
Code:

I get this output:

Code:
1	OK
1.5	OK
.5	OK
.0.5	OK
.1.1	OK
.1.3.5	OK

The last two are definitely not ok as parameter to sleep.

And how would I use the sed test in the script in place of the regular expression?

------ Post updated at 02:42 PM ------

This is the output I would need to see:

Code:
1       OK
1.0     OK
.1      OK
0.1     OK
+1      OK
+1.0    OK
+.1     OK
-1      WRONG
-1.0    WRONG
-.1     WRONG
0       WRONG
-0      WRONG
+0      WRONG
.0      WRONG
-.0     WRONG
+.0     WRONG
0.0     WRONG
-0.0    WRONG
+0.0    WRONG

And how would I use sed as a substitute for the regular expression in the if statement in my original post?

9 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Shell Programming and Scripting

how do I make dynamic parameter names? Or get the value of a parameter evaluated twi

Say I write something like the following: var1=1 var2=2 for int in 1 2 do echo "\$var$int" done I want the output to be: 1 2 Instead I get something like: $var1 $var2 (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: Awanka
2 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

Wrapping 'sleep' with my 'resleep' function (Resettable sleep)

This is a very crude attempt in Bash at something that I needed but didn't seem to find in the 'sleep' command. However, I would like to be able to do it without the need for the temp file. Please go easy on me if this is already possible in some other way: How many times have you used the... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: deckard
5 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

Using regex in sed to validate the length of an entry

I'm having trouble using sed to validate the length of an entry. I want to have a user enter a phone number of either length 7, 10 or 11. Only numbers are allowed. Does anyone know how to do this? Here's the code I have so far. It only validates that numbers are entered but not the length. ... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: snag49ers
1 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

Converting perl regex to sed regex

I am having trouble parsing rpm filenames in a shell script.. I found a snippet of perl code that will perform the task but I really don't have time to rewrite the entire script in perl. I cannot for the life of me convert this code into something sed-friendly: if ($rpm =~ /(*)-(*)-(*)\.(.*)/)... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: suntzu
1 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

Command that takes one parameter and then searches for the passed in parameter

Hi I am looking for a unix command or a small shell script which can takes one parameter and then searches for the passed in the parameter in any or all files under say /home/dev/ Can anyone please help me on this? (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: pankaj80
3 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

Passing parameter to script, and split the parameter

i am passing input parameter 'one_two' to the script , the script output should display the result as below one_1two one_2two one_3two if then echo " Usage : <$0> <DATABASE> " exit 0 else for DB in 1 2 3 do DBname=`$DATABASE | awk -F "_" '{print $1_${DB}_$2}` done fi (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: only4satish
5 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

Resolving a parameter which is passed as parameter

Hi, I have the following files. ->cat scr.sh export TMP_DIR=/home/user/folder1 export TMP_DIR_2=/home/user/folder2 while read line do cat "$line" done<file_list.dat ------------------------ -> cat file_list.dat $TMP_DIR/file1.txt $TMP_DIR_2/file2.txt --------------------------- -> cat... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: barath
6 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

Call Script with Parameter (that has another parameter)

Hi. How do I achieve this sh /EDWH-DMT02/script/MISC/exec_sql.sh "@/EDWH-DMT02/script/others/CSM_CKC/Complete_List.sql ${file_name}" Complete_List.txt The /EDWH-DMT02/script/MISC/exec_sql.sh has two parameters and it's working fine with this sh /EDWH-DMT02/script/MISC/exec_sql.sh... (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: aimy
7 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

Sendmail K command regex: adding exclusion/negative lookahead to regex -a@MATCH

I'm trying to get some exclusions into our sendmail regular expression for the K command. The following configuration & regex works: LOCAL_CONFIG # Kcheckaddress regex -a@MATCH +<@+?\.++?\.(us|info|to|br|bid|cn|ru) LOCAL_RULESETS SLocal_check_mail # check address against various regex... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: RobbieTheK
0 Replies
Mail::Message::Body::Construct(3pm)			User Contributed Perl Documentation		       Mail::Message::Body::Construct(3pm)

NAME
Mail::Message::Body::Construct - adds functionality to Mail::Message::Body DESCRIPTION
This package adds complex functionality to the Mail::Message::Body class. This functions less often used, so many programs will not compile this package. METHODS
Constructing a body $obj->attach(MESSAGES, OPTIONS) Make a multipart containing this body and the specified MESSAGES. The options are passed to the constructor of the multi-part body. If you need more control, create the multi-part body yourself. At least take a look at Mail::Message::Body::Multipart. The message-parts will be coerced into a Mail::Message::Part, so you may attach Mail::Internet or MIME::Entity objects if you want --see Mail::Message::coerce(). A new body with attached messages is returned. example: my $pgpkey = Mail::Message::Body::File->new(file => 'a.pgp'); my $msg = Mail::Message->buildFromBody( $message->decoded->attach($pgpkey)); # The last message of the $multi multiparted body becomes a coerced $entity. my $entity = MIME::Entity->new; my $multi = $msg->body->attach($entity); # Now create a new message my $msg = Mail::Message->new(head => ..., body => $multi); $obj->concatenate(COMPONENTS) Concatenate a list of elements into one new body. Specify a list of text COMPONENTS. Each component can be a message (Mail::Message, the body of the message is used), a plain body (Mail::Message::Body), "undef" (which will be skipped), a scalar (which is split into lines), or an array of scalars (each providing one line). example: # all arguments are Mail::Message::Body's. my $sum = $body->concatenate($preamble, $body, $epilogue, "-- " , $sig); $obj->foreachLine(CODE) Create a new body by performing an action on each of its lines. If none of the lines change, the current body will be returned, otherwise a new body is created of the same type as the current. The CODE refers to a subroutine which is called, where $_ contains body's original line. DO NOT CHANGE $_!!! The result of the routine is taken as new line. When the routine returns "undef", the line will be skipped. example: my $content = $msg->decoded; my $reply = $content->foreachLine( sub { '> '.$_ } ); my $rev = $content->foreachLine( sub {reverse} ); sub filled() { length $_ > 1 ? $_ : undef } my $nonempty = $content->foreachLine( &filled ); my $wrong = $content->foreachLine( sub {s/a/A/} ); # WRONG!!! my $right = $content->foreachLine( sub {(my $x=$_) =~ s/a/A/; $x} ); $obj->stripSignature(OPTIONS) Strip the signature from the body. The body must already be decoded otherwise the wrong lines may get stripped. Returned is the stripped version body, and in list context also the signature, encapsulated in its own body object. The signature separator is the first line of the returned signature body. The signature is added by the sender to tell about him- or herself. It is superfluous in some situations, for instance if you want to create a reply to the person's message you do not need to include that signature. If the body had no signature, the original body object is returned, and "undef" for the signature body. -Option --Default max_lines 10 pattern qr/^--s?$/ result_type <same as current> max_lines => INTEGER|undef The maximum number of lines which can be the length of a signature. Specify "undef" to remove the limit. pattern => REGEX|STRING|CODE Which pattern defines the line which indicates the separator between the message and the signature. In case of a STRING, this is matched to the beginning of the line, and REGEX is a full regular expression. In case of CODE, each line (from last to front) is passed to the specified subroutine as first argument. The subroutine must return TRUE when the separator is found. result_type => CLASS The type of body to be created for the stripped body (and maybe also to contain the stripped signature) example: my $start = $message->decoded; my $start = $body->decoded; my $stripped = $start->stripSignature; my ($stripped, $sign) = $start->stripSignature (max_lines => 5, pattern => '-*-*-'); SEE ALSO
This module is part of Mail-Box distribution version 2.105, built on May 07, 2012. Website: http://perl.overmeer.net/mailbox/ LICENSE
Copyrights 2001-2012 by [Mark Overmeer]. For other contributors see ChangeLog. This program is free software; you can redistribute it and/or modify it under the same terms as Perl itself. See http://www.perl.com/perl/misc/Artistic.html perl v5.14.2 2012-05-07 Mail::Message::Body::Construct(3pm)