Sponsored Content
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting Need help getting a web page to start a server. Post 303025501 by Neo on Sunday 4th of November 2018 09:00:04 AM
Old 11-04-2018
No worries.

If you need to start and stop, then that's a different story.

I would do this with a PHP script with HTTP authentication (.htaccess) and a userid and password in the PHP login script.

8 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Accessing Web Page

Hello, I am new to unix, but wanted to know how can we fetch data from a web page (i.e. an HTML Page), my requirement is to read an html page and wanted to create a flat file (text file) based on the contents available in the mentioned HTML page. Thanks Imtiaz (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: Imtiaz
3 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

finding the web page on server

Wish you all a very happy new year. I have a web url "http://marabou.mis.amat.com/cgi-bin/iman?IMAN_server_report=full" where marabou.mis.amat.com is my server name. the page content is below. ********************************************************* TcEng Web server report Thu Jan 4... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: Krrishv
4 Replies

3. Solaris

Solaris 9 Web Start Upgrade using -nowin - still complains about X server

Hi there. I'm trying to upgrade a Sun Blade 100 to Solaris 9. I downloaded and burned the install, disc 1, disc 2 and tools CDs from Sun. I turned off auto-boot, put in the CD and enter the following: # boot cdrom -nowin The cdrom boot starts, and I get prompted to choose a language... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: calenti
2 Replies

4. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Opening web page in remote server

Hi all, I am new to UNIX and so am struggling a bit on using the right commands. I am working on a remote UNIX server and i need to load a web page using firefox. I can use the client IP address to access the web page but i am not able to do so because the command i am typing is wrong. ... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: greg15
1 Replies

5. Web Development

APACHE: Tie in Web Page login with server login

Hello, I have created a web page on a server using apache and added .htaccess and .htpasswd in the folder for authentification. I was wondering if there was anyway to tie-in the login for this page with the login used to logon to the server. i.e. the same login info. is used for both,... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: WhotheWhat
2 Replies

6. Cybersecurity

APACHE: Tie in Web Page login with server login

Hello, I have created a web page on a server using apache and added .htaccess and .htpasswd in the folder for authentification. I was wondering if there was anyway to tie-in the login for this page with the login used to logon to the server. i.e. the same login info. is used for both, when... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: WhotheWhat
1 Replies

7. Web Development

Call shell script from HTML page - without web server

Hi, I have html page in my unix machine(server), which I will open with firefox or mozilla available in unix machine. Firefox or mozilla will be opened using x windows. Since I have access to unix machien(like other users) and this HTML page is for user having access to Unix machine, I see no... (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: vamanu9
7 Replies

8. Web Development

Unable to start the apache web server

Hi All, I'm getting this below error bash-4.1$ ./apachectl -k start (98)Address already in use: make_sock: could not bind to address hostname:18000 no listening sockets available, shutting down Unable to open logs I tried to change the port number, still same error: ... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: raghur77
5 Replies
_REQUEST(3)								 1							       _REQUEST(3)

$_REQUEST - HTTP Request variables

An associative array that by default contains the contents of $_GET, $_POST and $_COOKIE.

+--------+---------------------------------------------------+
       |Version |						    |
       |	|						    |
       |	|		     Description		    |
       |	|						    |
       | 5.3.0	|						    |
       |	|						    |
       |	|  Introduced request_order. This directive affects |
       |	| the contents of $_REQUEST.			    |
       |	|						    |
       | 4.3.0	|						    |
       |	|						    |
       |	|  $_FILES information was removed from $_REQUEST.  |
       |	|						    |
       | 4.1.0	|						    |
       |	|						    |
       |	|		Introduced $_REQUEST.		    |
       |	|						    |
       Note

This is a 'superglobal', or automatic global, variable. This simply means that it is available in all scopes  throughout	a  script.
	      There is no need to do global $variable; to access it within functions or methods.

Note

When running on the command line , this will not include the argv and argc entries; these are present in the $_SERVER array.

Note

The  variables  in $_REQUEST are provided to the script via the GET, POST, and COOKIE input mechanisms and therefore could be modi-
	      fied by the remote user and cannot be trusted. The presence and order of variables listed in this array is defined according to  the
	      PHP variables_order configuration directive.

import_request_variables(3), Handling external variables, The filter extension.

PHP Documentation Group 													       _REQUEST(3)