Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: System V printing filter
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting System V printing filter Post 303025466 by jgt on Friday 2nd of November 2018 06:36:50 PM
Old 11-02-2018
I think if you add the following code:
Code:
    :filter=/mydir/filter/myfilter

at line 9 of the printcap file.

Then create a /mydir/filter/myfilter script in sh/ksh
Code:
save="N"
while read line
do
     if [ "$save" = "N" ]
     then
         m=`echo $line|cut -c1-6`
         if [ "a$m" = "aManual" ]
        then
            save="Y"
       fi
   fi
if [ "$save" = "Y" ]
then
    echo "$line"
fi
done

This User Gave Thanks to jgt For This Post:

5 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

how to configure the lp system to filter files passed to it

I registered a printer hp123 on Sun Solaris Server. I think my printer is expecting a carriage return and linefeed combination at the end of each line (DOS standard), but unix files only have linefeeds at the end of each line. How can I configure the lp system to filter files passed to it?... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: simt
1 Replies

2. AIX

printing system with the command lp -d

Hello.. Plz, Any one can help me ? when I execute a printing system with the command lp -d<name of printer>, no result with all printers. I have verified the three processes : qdaemon, lpd, writesrv (No problem). thank's (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: okbainf
0 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

">" used in system() is not printing into file

I have a problem with the following skript in awk. cat runde.txt |awk '{ if ($5==2) { dataname_v=$1 "_" $4 "_adjust.rad befehl1="gensurf seitenwand... (17 Replies)
Discussion started by: ergy1983
17 Replies

4. Solaris

Solaris printing system migration

Hello folks, I'm currently working on migration of printing system from one server to another (namely from Sol 9 to Sol 10). I would like ask if is possible to manage migration via simple copying /etc/printers.conf file and folder /etc/lp to the new server??? I'm not sure if printers... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: brusell
2 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

Filter ONLY lines with non-printing charaters

I have a file contains data with non-printing characters. i have used cat -v filename to display whole data with non-printing characters also. However, i need lines with non-printing characters into seperate file. My file is huge and looks like i have to manully find lines using cat -v filename |... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: JSKOBS
3 Replies
gnome-session-save(1)						   User Commands					     gnome-session-save(1)

NAME
gnome-session-save - saves or terminates the current GNOME session SYNOPSIS
gnome-session-save [--kill] [--gui] [gnome-std-options] DESCRIPTION
gnome-session-save can be used from a GNOME session to save a snapshot of the currently running applications. This session will be restored at your next GNOME startup session. OPTIONS
The following options are supported: --gui Shows a dialog when the session is saved, and reports errors in dialog boxes instead of printing to stderr. --kill Terminates the GNOME session. gnome-std-optionStandard options available for use with most GNOME applications. See gnome-std-options(5) for more information. EXAMPLES
Example 1: Saving the user's current session example% gnome-session-save Example 2: Terminating the user's current session example% gnome-session-save --kill Example 3: Using the GUI to terminate the user's current session example% gnome-session-save --kill --gui EXIT STATUS
The following exit values are returned: 0 Application exited successfully >0 Application exited with failure FILES
The following files are used by this application: /usr/bin/gnome-session-sThe command-line executable for the application. ATTRIBUTES
See attributes(5) for descriptions of the following attributes: +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ | ATTRIBUTE TYPE | ATTRIBUTE VALUE | +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ |Availability |SUNWgnome-session | +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ |Interface stability |External | +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ SEE ALSO
gnome-std-options(5), default.session(5), gnome-smproxy(1), gnome-session(1) NOTES
Written by Brian Cameron, Sun Microsystems Inc., 2003. SunOS 5.10 13 Jan 2003 gnome-session-save(1)