Sponsored Content
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting Not able to connect to Oracle server from shell script Post 303025447 by yuvi on Friday 2nd of November 2018 12:40:12 PM
Old 11-02-2018
Thanks for your suggestions.
@vgersh99
Hi, I have tried with the code provided by you but same error is coming. I also tried to tnsping but getting the below error.
-bash: tnsping: command not found.
Please suggest.
@Neo
Hi, I have given userid and password in the variable DB_PATH and used the same. Since there are special characters in the password I enclosed in parenthesis.

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Programming

How to write a shell script to connect to another server?

Hello friends I want to write a script in which I will connect to my friends network. I want to use SSH. Even they can use the script to log into my network and copy files. ssh user@hostname command I know the following command will help me to log into Google's servers and see all the... (12 Replies)
Discussion started by: Angelo
12 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

Connect to oracle db using shell script

Hi, I want to connect to oracle db using unix shell script. And i want to retrieve data from db through shell script. Please help me as soon as possible. Thanks, J.P. Das (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: jyotidas
1 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

connect to SQL server from shell script

Hi all, I need to connect to SQL server from shell script. Then need to execute queries from shell script. Kindly let me know on how to do this Thanks, Ananthi.U (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: ananthi_ku
1 Replies

4. Solaris

Hi all, I need to connect to SQL server from shell script. Then need to execute queries from shell script as below 1. To compare values of an array with SQL table's entry. Kindly let me know on how to do this Thanks, Double post. Continue here (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: amitbhelave
0 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

Hi all, I need to connect to SQL server from shell script. Then need to execute queries from shell script as below 1. To compare values of an array with SQL table's entry. I am using solaris-5.1 to run shell script and want to connect to SQL-5.1 which is installed on SantOS. Kindly let... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: amitbhelave
3 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

Need help in writing a shell Script to connect to oracle instance

Please help me in writing a shell script which connects to a Oracle instance and tables to get the required information...:wall: (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: Dpu
1 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

Connect Oracle using shell script at run time

Hi all, I am a newbie.....am jus trying to connect to oracle thro a script, but not thro giving the username/password@server_name directly like `$ORACLE_HOME/bin/sqlplus username/password@server_name In the above line, once it is connected to Oracle, it shud ask me the username and password... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: kritibalu
4 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

Shell Script to connect to the oracle database

Hi Unix Gurus, I have a requirement to write a script, Oracle DB gets referesh every 6hrs, hence we need write a script to connect to the database , if it connects it should generate a file to proceed the next job application or when an error when connectiong to DB it should not generate any... (8 Replies)
Discussion started by: bshivali
8 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

How to connect to Oracle database using shell script?

Hi All, I am newbie to unix shell scripting. I want to connect to oracle database using shell script. I know how to connect DB using user name and password but my question is if my password is having '@' sign then how to connect. I have tried like below, cnt=`sqlplus -s /nolog << EOFSQL ... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: pmotewar
3 Replies

10. Shell Programming and Scripting

Shell script to connect from one server to other

Dear Experts, I am new to the shell scripting. I am looking for a shell script to connect to one Unix/Linux server1 to other Unix/Linux server2 and trigger a SAP Event in that server2 (Which will trigger a job in SAP). Is this possible to connect from one server to the other server securely... (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: Venu V Reddy
7 Replies
pwconv(1M)																pwconv(1M)

NAME
pwconv - install, update or check the /etc/shadow file SYNOPSIS
DESCRIPTION
The command installs or appends with information from or checks for any discrepancies between the contents of the two files. The command without options does the following: 1. Creates the file if it does not exist; otherwise, it removes all entries for usernames which are not present in 2. For each entry in move the encrypted password and aging information to Entries in which have no encrypted password or aging information will not overwrite information in 3. Writes an "x" in each password field of the file, to indicate that the password and aging information reside in the file. The command relies on a special value of "x" in the password field of A value different from "x" will prompt to move the password and aging information into the corresponding fields of and then replace the password field in with an "x". If no aging information exists in for a user, none will be added to However, the last change field, which indicates when the password was last modified, will always be updated (default is current date). See shadow(4). Options The following options are recognized: Verbose output. Test mode. prints error information but does not modify nor Notes The command can only be used by the superuser. HP recommends running before See pwck(1M). A system which has been converted to a trusted system has no file. In this case, can be used with no options to update the secure password facility to reflect any changes made in the file. RETURN VALUE
exits with one of the following values: Successful completion. Conversion error occurred. WARNINGS
HP-UX 11i Version 3 is the last release to support trusted systems functionality. FILES
system password file shadow password file secure password facility SEE ALSO
pwck(1M), pwunconv(1M), passwd(4), shadow(4). pwconv(1M)