Sponsored Content
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting Solaris 9 Home Directory, Two Machines Sharing a NAS Post 303025434 by MadeInGermany on Friday 2nd of November 2018 10:29:21 AM
Old 11-02-2018
Yes, even if it currently might not matter, it is better to have the GIDs in sync as well.
Analogue to the
Code:
usermod -u newuid username
find /home/username -user olduid -exec chown -h newuid {} +

you run
Code:
groupmod -g newgid groupname # changes /etc/group and perhaps referring entries in /etc/passwd
usermod -g newgid username # if not done by the previous groupmod
find /home/username -group oldgid -exec chgrp -h newgid {} +

The user must logout/login on the target system otherwise she would continue with the old GID.

7 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. HP-UX

sharing a directory

Im trying to simply share a directory on one unix server and mount that share on a different unix server. There is no "share" command like on sun. What is the command to create a share on HP-UX? (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: bski
2 Replies

2. IP Networking

Printer Sharing on a Mixed(Windows/Linux) Home Network

Sometimes you get the tiger...but sometimes he get you and this latest home network “project” of mine has gnawed on me pretty badly. Perhaps you can offer some technical help. It will be heartily appreciated. I have a small home network initially comprising two computers running Windows... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: Annatar
1 Replies

3. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

Mounting NAS Drive on solaris

Hi, Im running 32-bit solaris on sparc. We have a NAS(Network attached drive), with its IP address, username and password. I'd like to be able to mount it on the solaris machine, and unmount it. The best possibility would be able to mount it simulataneously on 2 or more systems. Please... (9 Replies)
Discussion started by: 0ktalmagik
9 Replies

4. Solaris

NISuser home directory movement in Solaris

How to move home directory of NIS user from one system to another system in Solaris. Thanks & Regards Durgaprasad (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: durgaprasadr13
1 Replies

5. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

ssh autologin issue when both machines are having same ~home directory

Hi, I have two machines. M1 and M2 and having a generic id catadm, these two machines having common mount of /u/catadm directory. with this setup, ssh autologin is failing for me and asking me to enter password when i try autologin using this generc id from M1 to M2 catadm-M1$ ssh... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: rbalaj16
3 Replies

6. Solaris

Sharing a local disk between to solaris machines

Hi, I recently added a disk on a solaris 9 and I wanted to make it accessible for another machine, using the same name here is what i did : On the machine holding the internal disk in vfstab i added the line /dev/dsk/c1t1d0s4 /dev/rdsk/c1t1d0s4 /SHARED2 ufs 2 yes ... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: zionassedo
2 Replies

7. Solaris

NFS with a NAS: permanently inconsistent directory state across clients

Hi, I am having some NFS directory consistency problems with the below setup on a local (192.) network: 1. Different permissions (chmod) for the same NFS dir are reflected on different clients. 2. (more serious) an NFS dir created on client1 cannot be accessed on client2; this applies to some... (10 Replies)
Discussion started by: cosmojetz
10 Replies
rlm_acct_unique(5)						 FreeRADIUS Module						rlm_acct_unique(5)

NAME
rlm_acct_unique - FreeRADIUS Module DESCRIPTION
The rlm_acct_unique module creates a unique accounting session Id. Many NAS vendors have their equipment supply an Acct-Session-Id attribute which is not unique over reboots. This makes accounting diffi- cult, as there will be many independent sessions with the same Acct-Session-Id attribute. This module uses the Acct-Session-Id attribute, along with other attributes in the request, to create a more unique session ID, called Acct-Unique-Session-Id. The main configuration items to be aware of are: key A list of the attributes used in calculating an MD5 hash which is used as the value for the unique session id. CONFIGURATION
modules { ... acct_unique { key = "User-Name, Acct-Session-Id, NAS-IP-Address, NAS-Port" } ... } ... preacct { ... acct_unique ... } After generating the MD5 hash, the module adds it to the accounting request packet received from the client. It will look something like this in your detail file: Acct-Unique-Session-Id = "c66ef57e480b9d26" NOTE: Any attribute you specify that is not found in the 'dictionary' file will cause the server to fail and exit with an error. NOTE: If you want the Acct-Unique-Session-Id of the Start and the Stop packet of a particular session to match, you must use values for the key that will stay the same for the Start and Stop. The above example is a good start. Adding 'Acct-Session-Time', for example, would cause a mismatch because that value is not the same on the Start and Stop accounting packets. SECTIONS
authorization, pre-accounting, accounting FILES
/etc/raddb/radiusd.conf SEE ALSO
radiusd(8), radiusd.conf(5) AUTHORS
Chris Parker, cparker@segv.org 3 February 2004 rlm_acct_unique(5)