Sponsored Content
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting Extract repeating and check for for certain error message Post 303025433 by vgersh99 on Friday 2nd of November 2018 09:51:44 AM
Old 11-02-2018
Code:
awk '/ORA- error/{print FILENAME}' RS= myFile

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

repeating kernel message

Hi, I am getting multiple repeats of the following message in /var/log/messages Jul 26 13:36:04 linuxnol kernel: cdrom: open failed. Jul 26 13:36:11 linuxnol kernel: cdrom: open failed. Jul 26 13:38:18 linuxnol kernel: cdrom: open failed. Jul 26 13:38:26 linuxnol kernel: cdrom: open... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: progressdll
2 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

Need to extract XML message from log

I need help to extract a following SOAP-ENV:Header XML message from the log. XML message need to be extracted: *************************** <SOAP-ENV:Header> <ServiceGatewayHeader> <SourceApplicationId>OXL</SourceApplicationId> <Version>1.0</Version> <UserId>TEST</UserId>... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: tjshankar
4 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

extract message

thx thx (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: ust
1 Replies

4. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Unable to extract a tag from a very long XML message

Hi I have a log file which contain XML message. I want to extract the value between the tag : <businessEventId>13201330</businessEventId> i.e., 13201330. I tried the following commands but as the message is very long, unable to do it. Attached is the log file. Please provide inputs. --... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: Sapna_Sai
3 Replies

5. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Extract repeating data from file

I want to extract the last rows of a data file, similar to that one below: C1 xxx C2 rrr C3 ttt .... Cn-1 hhh Cn bbb C1 yyy C2 sss C3 uuu ... Cn-1 iii Cn ccc ... I just want to extract the final rows between C1 and Cn at each data file. n is not a constant,... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: natasha
2 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

Extract XML message from a log file using awk

Dear all I have a log file and the content like this file name: temp.log <?xml version="1.0" encoding="cp850"?> <!DOCTYPE aaabbb SYSTEM '/dtdpath'> <aaabbb> <tranDtl> <msgId>000001</msgId> </tranDtl> ..... </aaabbb> ... ... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: on9west
1 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

Extract certain entries from big file:Request to check

Hi all I have a big file which I have attached here. And, I have to fetch certain entries and arrange in 5 columns Name Drug DAP ID disease approved or notIn the attached file data is arranged with tab separated columns in this way: and other data is... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: manigrover
2 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

Shell script to extract data in repeating tags from xml

Hi, I am new to shell scripting. I need to extract data between repeating tags from an xml file and store the data in an array to process it further. <ns1:root xmlns:ns1="http://example.com/config"> <ns1:interface>in1</ns1:interface> <ns1:operation attribute1="true" attribute2="abd"... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: sailendra
2 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

sed to extract a multiline subject from a mail message

I'm trying to extract a subject from a mail message but my subject example has 2 lines. How can I manage to extract it and write a string at the end of it? Consider this example: From: test@domain.com Subject: Re: U =?ISO-8859-1?Q?qu=EA=3F!=3F!=3F!!_wtff_=E7=E3o_=ED=F3?= ... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: twisterbr
6 Replies

10. Shell Programming and Scripting

Script to check the string in a file and print an attribute in the message

Hi, I am new to shell scripting and got a task to complete. Task is : we have a log file where in i need to traverse through the whole file to check the string "Person Type missing in message" and after that i need to get EMPLID=xxxxxx from the file and print details in a different file. ... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: suren424
1 Replies
SCANLOGS(8)						      System Manager's Manual						       SCANLOGS(8)

NAME
scanlogs - summarize INN log files. SYNOPSIS
scanlogs [ norotate ] [ nonn ] DESCRIPTION
Scanlogs summarizes the information recorded in the INN log files (see newslog(5)). By default, it also rotates and cleans out the logs. It is normally invoked by the news.daily(8) script. KEYWORDS
The following keywords are accepted: norotate Using this keyword disables the rotating and cleaning aspect of the log processing: the logs files are only scanned for information and no contents are altered. nonn Normally the nn log file is scanned and rotated. Using this keyword disables this function. If scanlogs is invoked more than once a day, the ``norotate'' keyword should be used to prevent premature log cleaning. HISTORY
Written by Landon Curt Noll <chongo@toad.com> and Rich $alz <rsalz@uunet.uu.net> for InterNetNews. This is revision 1.1, dated 1996/10/29. SEE ALSO
innd(8) newslog(5), news.daily(8), nnrpd(8). SCANLOGS(8)