Sponsored Content
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting Sendmail - Attachments & Subjects Post 303025339 by dakelly on Wednesday 31st of October 2018 05:22:43 AM
Old 10-31-2018
Quote:
Originally Posted by jgt
you are missing a final boundary line.
you should be able to find a workable solution if you search 'sendmail' and restrict the output to my posts.
Thanks jgt, but I never found what I was looking for via the search.

However, I was able to fix my problem this morning - it's great what a nights sleep can do.

Code:
( echo "Subject: Test from HOST"; cat /home/dakelly/message_body.txt; uuencode /home/dakelly/attachment.txt attachment.txt ) | sendmail recipient@domain.com

the above code sends an email with a subject, a body & an attachment... after testing I can add in more attachments as well as long as I add in more
Code:
uuencode /path/to/file file_name_to_send; uuencode /path/to/file file_name_to_send;

Last edited by dakelly; 10-31-2018 at 12:40 PM..

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Using Sendmail (& attachment)

Hi, This is my first thread. Iam trying the following: OS: Sun Database: DB2, Informix, Oracle * Get the status of the database (using database command line options) * pipe to a text file * send mail of the text file to receiptents. TODO1: First step i tried to send a test message.... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: kenkanya
3 Replies

2. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

sendmail attachments

Dear all, I've been working with AIX for, um, 15 years now and I have read all I can about the above, but I am stuck. Everything seems to point to using sendmail on the command line to embed a uuencoded attatchment will not work. Using something like "(cat plain.txt;uuencode attach.file... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: rbatte1
4 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

sendmail with attachments

Hi, I got the following script from Ygor on this site: #!/usr/bin/ksh export MAILTO="email_address" export CONTENT="/export/home/aisdba/email_body.html" export SUBJECT="subject of email" ( echo "Subject: $SUBJECT" echo "MIME-Version: 1.0" echo "Content-Type: text/html" echo... (9 Replies)
Discussion started by: suthera
9 Replies

4. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

Email with multiple attachments & HTML body

I have a html file: # cat sample.html <html> <body> Sample HTML file</p> </body> </html> And I have two excel sheets (sheet1.xls & sheet2.xls) I want to send an email by having the sample.html as the message body and two spreadsheets as the attachments. I tried using the below command:... (12 Replies)
Discussion started by: BHM
12 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

Sendmail Script: Gmail cannot find attachments

Hi. I am using a script on HP-UX to send emails that include a Pdf attachment to clients. The scipt makes use of sendmail. The scripts works for everything except gmail. When I go on gmail via my Web Browser, I can see the message with the attachment, but if I try to view or download the... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: Wahooka
2 Replies

6. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

Mutt for html body and multiple html & pdf attachments

Hi all: Been racking my brain on this for the last couple of days and what has been most frustrating is that this is the last piece I need to complete a project. There are numerous posts discussing mutt in this forum and others but I have been unable to find similar issues. Running with... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: raggmopp
1 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

Sendmail Png Attachments

I use sendmail to send html emails, my script works perfect and sends email with plain text attachment. Now i need to attache png file to the email and this attachment part is not working. ( echo "From: $FROM" echo "To: $TO" echo "MIME-Version: 1.0" echo "Subject: $SUBJECT" echo... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: posner
4 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

Sendmail gz Attachments

Hi All, I have a problem again with sendmail content type . I am trying to attach the gz file to the html email but couldnt figure out even after extensive google. Here is my code. ( echo "From: $FROM" echo "To: $MAILTO" echo... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: posner
3 Replies

9. Red Hat

/etc/aliases & Sendmail

I've recently migrated a Solaris 10 server, to Redhat. I've migrated all my crons & scripts and now I'm attempting to set all the aliases, to send to the appropriate accounts. I have a particular user defined in /etc/aliases, however, when a particular script is ran in cron, I do not receive any... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: Nvizn
2 Replies

10. Shell Programming and Scripting

Mailing multiple PNG attachments using sendmail

Need assistance in using the below script and having multiple png file attachments in the same script . Your inputs are appreciated. I dont have uuencode , I use either mailx, sendmail, mpack . ( echo "to: samplemail@somewhere.com" echo "from: samplemail@elsewhere.com" echo "subject:... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: ajayram_arya
2 Replies
uuencode(n)					       Text encoding & decoding binary data					       uuencode(n)

__________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

NAME
uuencode - UU-encode/decode binary data SYNOPSIS
package require Tcl 8 package require uuencode ?1.1.4? ::uuencode::encode string ::uuencode::decode string ::uuencode::uuencode ?-name string? ?-mode octal? (-file filename | ?--? string) ::uuencode::uudecode (-file filename | ?--? string) _________________________________________________________________ DESCRIPTION
This package provides a Tcl-only implementation of the uuencode(1) and uudecode(1) commands. This encoding packs binary data into printable ASCII characters. ::uuencode::encode string returns the uuencoded data. This will encode all the data passed in even if this is longer than the uuencode maximum line length. If the number of input bytes is not a multiple of 3 then additional 0 bytes are added to pad the string. ::uuencode::decode string Decodes the given encoded data. This will return any padding characters as well and it is the callers responsibility to deal with handling the actual length of the encoded data. (see uuencode). ::uuencode::uuencode ?-name string? ?-mode octal? (-file filename | ?--? string) ::uuencode::uudecode (-file filename | ?--? string) UUDecode a file or block of data. A file may contain more than one embedded file so the result is a list where each element is a three element list of filename, mode value and data. OPTIONS
-filename name Cause the uuencode or uudecode commands to read their data from the named file rather that taking a string parameter. -name string The uuencoded data header line contains the suggested file name to be used when unpacking the data. Use this option to change this from the default of "data.dat". -mode octal The uuencoded data header line contains a suggested permissions bit pattern expressed as an octal string. To change the default of 0644 you can set this option. For instance, 0755 would be suitable for an executable. See chmod(1). EXAMPLES
% set d [uuencode::encode "Hello World!"] 2&5L;&\@5V]R;&0A % uuencode::uudecode $d Hello World! % set d [uuencode::uuencode -name hello.txt "Hello World"] begin 644 hello.txt +2&5L;&@5V]R;&0` ` end % uuencode::uudecode $d {hello.txt 644 {Hello World}} BUGS, IDEAS, FEEDBACK This document, and the package it describes, will undoubtedly contain bugs and other problems. Please report such in the category base64 of the Tcllib SF Trackers [http://sourceforge.net/tracker/?group_id=12883]. Please also report any ideas for enhancements you may have for either package and/or documentation. KEYWORDS
encoding, uuencode CATEGORY
Text processing COPYRIGHT
Copyright (c) 2002, Pat Thoyts base64 1.1.4 uuencode(n)