Sponsored Content
Top Forums UNIX for Beginners Questions & Answers Combine multi-row cell into a single line Post 303025318 by Don Cragun on Tuesday 30th of October 2018 02:52:21 PM
Old 10-30-2018
I don't understand what you're trying to do.

Is it that for any line that does not start with a number you want to add the text of that line to the 3rd field of the previous line just before the last space in that field? What happened to the comma after the O in your input file?

What have you tried to solve this problem on your own?

Where are you stuck trying to get the results you want?

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Shell Programming and Scripting

How to use Perl to merge multi-line into single line

Hi, Can anyone know how to use perl to merge the following multi-line information which beginning with "BAM" into one line. For each line need to delete the return and add a space. Please see the red color line. ******Org. Multi-line) BAM admin 101.203.57.22 ... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: happyday
3 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

How to use Perl to join multi-line into single line

Hello, Did anyone know how to write a perl script to merge the multi-line into a single line where each line with start at timestamp Input--> timestamp=2009-11-10-04.55.20.829347; a; b; c; timestamp=2009-11-10-04.55.20.829347; aa; bb; cc; (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: happyday
5 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

Combine multiple lines in single line

This is related to one of my previous post but now with a slight difference: I need the "Updated:" to be in one line as well as the "Information:" on one line as well. These are in multiple lines right now as seen below. These can have 2 or more lines that needs to be in one line. System name:... (8 Replies)
Discussion started by: The One
8 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

Transpose multi-line records into a single row

Now that I've parsed out the data that I desire I'm left with variable length multi-line records that are field seperated by new lines (\n) and record seperated by a single empty line ("") At first I was considering doing something like this to append all of the record rows into a single row: ... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: daveyabe
4 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

Merge multi-line output into a single line

Hello I did do a search and the past threads doesn't really solve my issue. (using various awk commands) I need to combine the output from java -version into 1 line, but I am having difficulties. When you exec java -version, you get: java version "1.5.0_06" Java(TM) 2 Runtime... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: flagman5
5 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

Multi lines to single line

HI, My input file contains the data as like below: A1234119993 B6271113 Bghjkjk A1234119992 B6271113hi Bghjkjkmkl the output i require is : A1234119993 B6271113 Bghjkjk A1234119992 B6271113hi Bghjkjkmkl Please help me in this. Thanks (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: pandeesh
6 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

Joining multi-line output to a single line in a group

Hi, My Oracle query is returing below o/p ---------------------------------------------------------- Ins trnas value a lkp1 x a lkp1 y b lkp1 a b lkp2 x b lkp2 y ... (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: gvk25
7 Replies

8. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Remove multi line and single line comments

Hi, I am trying to remove multi line and single line comments like examples below I have tried this pattern. it works fine for single line comments and multi line comments in a single line only. but this fails when the comments are extended in multiple lines as shown in the comment 2 of... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: ahmedwaseem2000
3 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

Help with reformat single-line multi-fasta into multi-line multi-fasta

Input File: >Seq1 ASDADAFASFASFADGSDGFSDFSDFSDFSDFSDFSDFSDFSDFSDFSDFSD >Seq2 SDASDAQEQWEQeqAdfaasd >Seq3 ASDSALGHIUDFJANCAGPATHLACJHPAUTYNJKG ...... Desired Output File >Seq1 ASDADAFASF ASFADGSDGF SDFSDFSDFS DFSDFSDFSD FSDFSDFSDF SD >Seq2 (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: patrick87
4 Replies

10. Shell Programming and Scripting

Multi line log files to single line format

I want to read the log file which was generate from other command . And the output was having multi line in log files for job name and server name. But i need to make all the logs on one line Source file 07/15/2018 17:02:00 TRANSLOG_1700 Server0005_SQL ... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: ranjancom2000
2 Replies
FORMS(3)						   BSD Library Functions Manual 						  FORMS(3)

NAME
field_just, set_field_just -- form library LIBRARY
Curses Form Library (libform, -lform) SYNOPSIS
#include <form.h> int field_just(FIELD *field); int set_field_just(FIELD *field, int justification); DESCRIPTION
Field justification is only applied to static fields, a dynamic field will not be justified. The default justification for a field is NO_JUSTIFICATION. The field_just() will return the current justification value of the given field and the justification may be set by call- ing the set_field_just() function. PARAMETERS
The following are the valid justifications for a field: NO_JUSTIFICATION No justification is to be applied to the field. In practice, this is the same as JUSTIFY_LEFT. JUSTIFY_RIGHT The field will be right justified. That is, the end of each line will be butted up against the right hand side of the field. JUSTIFY_LEFT The field will be left justified. That is, the start of each line will be butted up against the left hand side of the field. JUSTIFY_CENTER The field will be centre justified, padding will be applied to either end of the line to make the line centred in the field. RETURN VALUES
The functions will return one of the following error values: E_OK The function was successful. E_CURRENT The field specified is the currently active one on the form. E_BAD_ARGUMENT A bad argument was passed to the function. SEE ALSO
curses(3), forms(3) NOTES
The header <form.h> automatically includes both <curses.h> and <eti.h>. BSD
January 1, 2001 BSD