Sponsored Content
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting Find the owner user of each folder in a list Post 303025297 by Johanni on Tuesday 30th of October 2018 10:54:39 AM
Old 10-30-2018
Quote:
Originally Posted by vgersh99
look into ls -ld
that is correct but how could i put the owner user of each folder in front of each folder path in the text file?

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

su - user... how to find out the list of users and their passwords..

hi, to do a su - user, we need to know what are the users... so in unix 1) which file to see the list of users, passwords? (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: yls177
2 Replies

2. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Find files by owner

Hello, I have a problem, I need to find files in folder by owner, not using find command at all and ls -R parameter. Thanx a lot. Best regarts (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: Boliakas
1 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

find files by OWNER

i have written a script in which i have to go to a dir and search there for files belonging to owner pipe and then delete them Can anyone tell me how to find files by owner pipe. below some of the files belonging to owner pipe -rw------- 1 pipe pipe 163840 Mar 18 2008 ... (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: ali560045
7 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

Find all text files in folder and then copy to a new folder

Hi all, *I use Uwin and Cygwin emulator. I´m trying to search for all text files in the current folder (C/Files) and its sub folders using find -depth -name "*.txt" The above command worked for me, but now I would like to copy all found text files to a new folder (C/Files/Text) with ... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: cgkmal
4 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

Find user owner of the most recently file in the system

Good evening everybody, I have to find the user owner of the most recently file in the system How can I do? :confused: (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: Guccio
5 Replies

6. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

command to find the owner of a db

Hi, Im working with an Informix db, i would like to know the command to identify the owner of a particular database Thanks (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: dvah
2 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

Find folder within folder, then find other folder in same dir

Hi all I'm new to your forum but not new to shells. I'm having a little trouble though as it's been quite some time since I scripted. Here's what I'm trying to do: I'm trying to search a directory named '/var/root/Applications' for another directory 'fooBar'. The "Applications" directory... (9 Replies)
Discussion started by: DC Slick
9 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

How to find DL Owner info using ldapsearch?

Currently i have following syntax: ldapsearch -D "CN=..,OU=..,OU=All Businesses,DC=..,DC=..,DC=.." -w .. -h .. -p .. -b "OU=All Businesses,DC=..,DC=..,DC=.." "managedObjects=$DL_NAME_CN" employeeNumber givenName sn -S employeeNumber -x which gives me following info: "requesting:... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: arsenghani
0 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

Shell script that lists files with different owner than the folder

Hello, I'm trying to write a script which is listing files based on different preferences, like filetype or permissions. All is fine, except for one: I want to list files in /home which has a different owner than the home directory it is in. Here is an example: /home/UserA is the directory, and... (10 Replies)
Discussion started by: Zwiebi
10 Replies

10. Windows & DOS: Issues & Discussions

User OS to intall the Oracle (owner)

hello its windows server 2003 how to find the user owner to install the oracle on linux ps -fea | grep pmon $ps -fea| grep pmon oracle 2950 1 0 Sep 13 ? 262:19 ora_pmon_db1 oracle 741 19102 0 17:32:47 pts/5 0:00 grep pmon:confused: the user its... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: ceciaide
0 Replies
RunTargetUnitTests(1)					    BSD General Commands Manual 				     RunTargetUnitTests(1)

NAME
RunTargetUnitTests -- run unit tests for the current target SYNOPSIS
RunTargetUnitTests DESCRIPTION
RunTargetUnitTests examines its environment and runs the unit tests it presumes are present using otest(1). RunTargetUnitTests is intended to be called from a shell script build phase. It expects certain environment variables to be configured from Xcode build settings (see below). RunTargetUnitTests will run tests for all built architectures appropriate for the machine running the tests. ENVIRONMENT
ARCHS The architectures the tests were built for; when tests are run, they will be run once per architecture. If unspecified, tests are run for the architecture returned by arch(1). DEVELOPER_DIR The Xcode folder, e.g. "/Developer". If unspecified the value for SYSTEM_DEVELOPER_DIR will be used, or "/Developer" if that also is unspecified. BUILT_PRODUCTS_DIR The directory containing built products; when tests are run, this is specified in DYLD_FRAMEWORK_PATH. If unspecified tests are run from the current working directory with no DYLD_FRAMEWORK_PATH. FULL_PRODUCT_NAME The full name of the built product, including its wrapper extension if any. GCC_ENABLE_OBJC_GC Whether or not the test bundle was compiled with Objective-C garbage collection enabled. Possible values are unsupported, supported, and required. If not set, defaults to unsupported, which will run otest(1) with Objective-C garbage collection disabled. NATIVE_ARCH_ACTUAL The architecture of the machine running the tests, used to determine for which architectures tests can be run. If unspecified, defaults to the architecture returned by arch(1). OTEST The path to the otest command line tool; defaults to /Developer/Tools/otest. TEST_AFTER_BUILD Set to YES to run tests, any other value will prevent test execution. FILES
/Developer/Tools/RunTargetUnitTests The script used to run tests from a shell script build phase. /Developer/Tools/otest The OCUnit test rig. SEE ALSO
arch(1), otest(1) Mac OS X June 2, 2019 Mac OS X