Sponsored Content
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting <Mail> attachment param is not working under system function Post 303025245 by reminisce on Monday 29th of October 2018 09:53:23 AM
Old 10-29-2018
Yes. You are right. When I tried to pass this file context as a body to the mail command before. I was getting error as file is not found like this :
FlowStats_.txt: No such file or directory

As well as even though, i have executed it as single line command as below :

Code:
DATE="`date '+%d%m%Y'`" mail -s"test" emailid -a /home/test/abc_$DATE.txt <  /home/test/mailmessage.txt

This was also not working.

I have also tried without parameter -a in the mail command. This is also not working.

Can you please provide the mail command that has attachment under system function.

Thanks.

------ Post updated at 01:51 PM ------

Hi Guys,

I can now able to send the attachment of current date file with the below command :
Code:
awk '{if ($1 ~ /BIP8071I/)  {

system("cat /home/test/mailmessage.txt|mail -s" $1 "test\\ "Information"\ -a /home/test/FlowStats_`date '+%d%m%Y'`.txt  emailid");
}'

Thanks.

------ Post updated at 01:53 PM ------

I hope this helps .

Last edited by Scott; 10-31-2018 at 06:27 AM.. Reason: Please use CODE tags

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

mailx commannd - Mail and Attachment in same mail

Hi , I am using mailx command for sending the mails. Rightnow I am sending the attachment (by using uuencode $filename) as a seperate mail.I wanna send the attachment also with the same mail. (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: sharif
6 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

Mail attachment with unix mail

Hi Could someone help me with the details on how to send an attachment through mail in unix. I have an html file in my unix machine and I want this to be send to some mail id, plese help with the steps. Regards Ajay (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: ajaykumarboyana
2 Replies

3. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

How to send html file in a mail not as an attachment but it should display in the mail in table for

Hi The below script working when we are sending the html as attachment can u please guide how to send thesmae data in table form direct in the mail and not in mail attachment . cat Employee.sql SET VERIFY OFF SET PAGESIZE 200 SET MARKUP HTML ON SPOOL ON PREFORMAT OFF ENTMAP ON - HEAD... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: mani_isha
0 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

Need help on bind param function in perl

Hi, I want to know what exactly bind paameter does? what exactly bind_param( 1, $siteName ) means? what 1 means? In some examples the bind_param is set like this: bind_param( 2, $siteName1 ) bind_param( 3, $siteName2 ) $sth = $dbh->prepare( " SELECT name,... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: vanitham
1 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

mail function - script not working

#!/bin/bash { m() $mail='("$someemail@gmail.com ", Cc:"$me" -t, Subject:"$emailmyself" -s, $someinputfile")' } what I am trying to do is create a function have it load when type the letter "m" so all have to do type an address after it send email. it tell me syntax on line 4 but which... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: ericde
2 Replies

6. Web Development

CGI param() function parameters

Hello again! Three posts in this forum now, as I am trying to understand how CGI is running and the interaction of the input and output with the server/browser. Very confused with them, especially with the param() function that I was trying to figure out how the parameters of it were passed in... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: yifangt
0 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

Mail Attachment...

Hi All, I am new to unix. I have written the script to identify the delimiter count for my source file and the output I have to capture in another file and that file should sent to mail with attachment. I have tried to send the attachment with below script . But I am not able to do that. Any... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: suresh_target
2 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

Mail Attachment Not Working for Cron

Hi All, i Have An Script Which is Fetching Data From DB And sending Mail With the Data in Excel Format. i'm Receiving Mail with Attachment when i Manually Running the script using ksh -x Scriptname or ./ Scriptname. when i try to run it through cron i'm receiving mail only but ... (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: naveen1.kumar
7 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

How to send mail using PHP mail function On apache server.?

Hello, I am using centos-6.2 I have apache server,php5 on my system and I want to send mail using sendmail on my system. when I try to send mail from shell that time mail is succesfully sent to respective address() but when I try to send it through webbrowser I am not able to send it.... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: Kiran ursal
1 Replies

10. Shell Programming and Scripting

Sending an email with mail function shows up as an attachment 'noname'

I have a file named email.html with this as the contents: Content-type: text/html ACHI,ACCRETIVE HEALTH ,7.15,<br>CPRT,Copart Inc.,36.14,<br>GEOB.MX,GEO-B,1.660,<br>GCO,Genesco Inc. Comm,73.58,<br>GMAN,Gordmans Stores, ,<br>GES,Guess? Inc. Comm,26.45,<br>KBR,KBR Inc. Common... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: phpchick
1 Replies
IGAWK(1)							 Utility Commands							  IGAWK(1)

NAME
igawk - gawk with include files SYNOPSIS
igawk [ all gawk options ] -f program-file [ -- ] file ... igawk [ all gawk options ] [ -- ] program-text file ... DESCRIPTION
Igawk is a simple shell script that adds the ability to have ``include files'' to gawk(1). AWK programs for igawk are the same as for gawk, except that, in addition, you may have lines like @include getopt.awk in your program to include the file getopt.awk from either the current directory or one of the other directories in the search path. OPTIONS
See gawk(1) for a full description of the AWK language and the options that gawk supports. EXAMPLES
cat << EOF > test.awk @include getopt.awk BEGIN { while (getopt(ARGC, ARGV, "am:q") != -1) ... } EOF igawk -f test.awk SEE ALSO
gawk(1) Effective AWK Programming, Edition 1.0, published by the Free Software Foundation, 1995. AUTHOR
Arnold Robbins (arnold@skeeve.com). Free Software Foundation Nov 3 1999 IGAWK(1)