Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: Perl substr or similar help
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting Perl substr or similar help Post 303025188 by Corona688 on Friday 26th of October 2018 11:21:04 AM
Old 10-26-2018
Quote:
Originally Posted by Corona688
Code:
awk -f yanx.awk -e 'TAG == "INPUT" && ARGS["NAME"]=="token" { print ARGS["VALUE"] }' ORS="\n" file.xml

Quote:
Originally Posted by azdps
So I figured out a solution for myself.
Had you tried my earlier suggestion, it worked. With one correction -- the HTML you posted was wrong, the tag is not named 'token', it is named 'sessionKey'.

So my final code:

Code:
$ awk -f yanx.awk -e 'TAG == "INPUT" && ARGS["NAME"]=="sessionKey" { print ARGS["VALUE"] }' ORS="\n" my.html

$

This User Gave Thanks to Corona688 For This Post:

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Shell Programming and Scripting

How to declare hashes in KSH similar to Perl ?

Hi, Is it possible to delcare hashes in KSH the way we do it in Perl. Like I want to declare something like: fruits="Juicy" fruits="healthy" fruits="sour" echo fruits Ofcourse this piece of code does not work in KSH. Please let me know if there is a way of doing it in KSH. ... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: tipsy
2 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

copy substr in existing string in Perl

Any clue to write something to a particular location in Perl? Suppose $line = ‘abc cde 1234” How to write ( example string "test") on location 4 without parsing the whole line. Output should be $line = ‘abctest 1234” this is not search and replace. just to add substring into... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: jaivipin
3 Replies

3. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

substr in perl

Let's assume that I have a file with contents delimited by pipe: "The mouse|ran up|the|clock" "May|had a|little|lamb" How would I use 'substr' to get the 3rd field. For example, "the" from the first line, and "little" from the second line? # Loop over a file and read $LINE { ... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: ChicagoBlues
2 Replies

4. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

substr function in perl

Hi friends, I have written a perl code and it works fine but I am not sure tommorow it works or not, please help me. problem : When diff is 1 then success other than its failure but tomorrow its 20090401 and the enddate is 20090331. thats why I write the code this type but it does not work and... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: tukuna82
1 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

20090620231013 to date format i am using substr, any simple way in perl?

Hi Everyone, $tmp="20090620231013"; $tmp = substr($tmp,0,8)." ".substr($tmp,8,2).":".substr($tmp,10,2).":".substr($tmp,12,2); So my output is: 20090620 23:10:13. I only can think substr is easy, any perl can do this just one line very simple efficient one? :eek: Thanks (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: jimmy_y
3 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

perl file, one line code include "length, rindex, substr", slow

Hi Everyone, # cat a.txt a;b;c;64O a;b;c;d;ee;f # cat a.pl #!/usr/bin/perl use strict; use warnings; my $tmp3 = ",,a,,b,,c,,d,,e,,f,,"; open(my $FA, "a.txt") or die "$!"; while(<$FA>) { chomp; my @tmp=split(/\;/, $_); if ( ($tmp =~ m/^(64O)/i) || ($tmp... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: jimmy_y
3 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

Joining multiple files based on one column with different and similar values (shell or perl)

Hi, I have nine files looking similar to file1 & file2 below. File1: 1 ABCA1 1 ABCC8 1 ABR:N 1 ACACB 1 ACAP2 1 ACOT1 1 ACSBG 1 ACTR1 1 ACTRT 1 ADAMT 1 AEN:N 1 AKAP1File2: 1 A4GAL 1 ACTBL 1 ACTL7 (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: seqbiologist
4 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

Perl match multiple numbers from a variable similar to egrep

I want to match the number exactly from the variable which has multiple numbers seperated by pipe symbol similar to search in egrep.below is the code which i tried #!/usr/bin/perl my $searchnum = $ARGV; my $num = "148|1|0|256"; print $num; if ($searchnum =~ /$num/) { print "found"; }... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: kar_333
2 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

How to use if/else if with substr?

I have a command like this: listdb ID923 -l |gawk '{if (substr($0,37,1)==1 && NR == 3)print "YES" else if (substr ($0,37,1)==0 && NR == 3) print "NO"}' This syntax doesn't work. But I was able to get this to work: listdb ID923 -l |gawk '{if (substr($0,37,1)==1 && NR == 3)print "YES"}' ... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: newbie2010
4 Replies

10. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Substr

awk '/^>/{id=$0;next}length>=7 { print id, "\n"$0}' Test.txt Can I use substr to achieve the same task? Thanks! (8 Replies)
Discussion started by: Xterra
8 Replies
ICONV_SUBSTR(3) 							 1							   ICONV_SUBSTR(3)

iconv_substr - Cut out part of a string

SYNOPSIS
string iconv_substr (string $str, int $offset, [int $length = iconv_strlen($str, $charset)], [string $charset = ini_get("iconv.inter- nal_encoding")]) DESCRIPTION
Cuts a portion of $str specified by the $offset and $length parameters. PARAMETERS
o $str - The original string. o $offset - If $offset is non-negative, iconv_substr(3) cuts the portion out of $str beginning at $offset'th character, counting from zero. If $offset is negative, iconv_substr(3) cuts out the portion beginning at the position, $offset characters away from the end of $str. o $length - If $length is given and is positive, the return value will contain at most $length characters of the portion that begins at $offset (depending on the length of $string). If negative $length is passed, iconv_substr(3) cuts the portion out of $str from the $offset'th character up to the character that is $length characters away from the end of the string. In case $offset is also negative, the start position is calculated beforehand according to the rule explained above. o $charset - If $charset parameter is omitted, $string are assumed to be encoded in iconv.internal_encoding. Note that $offset and $length parameters are always deemed to represent offsets that are calculated on the basis of the character set determined by $charset, whilst the counterpart substr(3) always takes these for byte offsets. RETURN VALUES
Returns the portion of $str specified by the $offset and $length parameters. If $str is shorter than $offset characters long, FALSE will be returned. SEE ALSO
substr(3), mb_substr(3), mb_strcut(3). PHP Documentation Group ICONV_SUBSTR(3)