Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: Easy seq Question
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting Easy seq Question Post 303025107 by TonyBe on Wednesday 24th of October 2018 01:26:47 PM
Old 10-24-2018
Easy seq Question

Hi! I'm trying to do this:
1 -
2 -
3 -
4 -
5 -

I'm using seq for this:

seq 1 20 > filename.txt

How do I get the "-"? I've tried -f per man but can't get anything to work. Also, is there an easier or better way than using sequence? Thanks!

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Easy question

Hi, Simple question. How do I convert a unix text file to a dos text file? Thanks Helen (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: Bab00shka
4 Replies

2. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

easy question

I know the Sun Solaries versions are ( 2.3 , 2.4 , 2.5 ... 7 , 8 ) . But some times I see sun os v5.x what does it mean ?? also what is the last new machine for sun and what are its details specifications . Thanks (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: tamemi
3 Replies

3. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Another easy question

Hello Again, Ok guys. Thanks again for your help last time but I am in need of your experience again. I wrote this script: #!/bin/sh # List either files or directories in individual accounts # using 1, 2 or 3 with invalid case $1 in echo select 1 to see the FILES in your... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: catbad
3 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

A easy question.

this is the simple question, please help me! the question is: how to send exactly 50 ICMP Echo request packets with 500 bytes of payload to 202.139.129.221? I tried to use ping -F 500 202.139.129.221, but it didn't work. Thanks! (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: kikikaka
6 Replies

5. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

easy unix question

I am trying to check through all of a certain type of file in all main directories, and find the top 10 that are taking up the most space. How can I do that? I was thinking like du *.file | sort -n | head (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: wallacer
1 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

Easy AWK question

Ive got some output in a file that looks exactly like this: 1 ----------- 1542 1 record(s) selected. How do I just extract that 1542 and drop it into another file or (preferrably) a variable (using a ksh script) (9 Replies)
Discussion started by: rdudejr
9 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

Hopefully an Easy Question

I have a file name in this format ABC_WIRE_TRANS_YYYYMMDD_00.DAT I need to cut out the _00 out of the file name everytime. It could be _00, _01,_02, etc .... How do I cut it out to look as follows? ABC_WIRE_TRANS_YYYYMMDD.DAT (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: lesstjm
6 Replies

8. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

easy question

Hi everybody: Could anybody tell me if I have several files which each one it has this pattern name: name1.dat name2.dat name3.dat name4.dat name10.dat name11.dat name30.dat If I would like create one like: name_total.dat If I do: paste name*.dat > name_total.dat (15 Replies)
Discussion started by: tonet
15 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

Easy cat question

I am having problems getting a list of filenames that I want from a directory. example: I have 3 files - filename.xxx.20110505.123030 filename.yyy.20110505.123030 filename.zzz.20110505.123030 There may be multiple xxx,... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: Drenhead
3 Replies

10. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Easy Grep Question

This seems like an easy question, but I can't find an answer already posted. I want a command to return all of the lines in a file containing exactly a string I tried grep -x "372701" x.txt but this did not return anything I am just trying to search a file for lines which contain... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: jgrosecl
4 Replies
Bio::Factory::SequenceFactoryI(3pm)			User Contributed Perl Documentation		       Bio::Factory::SequenceFactoryI(3pm)

NAME
Bio::Factory::SequenceFactoryI - This interface allows for generic building of sequences in factories which create sequences (like SeqIO) SYNOPSIS
# do not use this object directly it is an interface # get a Bio::Factory::SequenceFactoryI object like use Bio::Seq::SeqFactory; my $seqbuilder = Bio::Seq::SeqFactory->new('-type' => 'Bio::PrimarySeq'); my $seq = $seqbuilder->create(-seq => 'ACTGAT', -display_id => 'exampleseq'); print "seq is a ", ref($seq), " "; DESCRIPTION
A generic way to build Sequence objects via a pluggable factory. This reduces the amount of code that looks like if( $type eq 'Bio::PrimarySeq' ) { ... } elsif( $type eq 'Bio::Seq::RichSeq' ) { ... } FEEDBACK
Mailing Lists User feedback is an integral part of the evolution of this and other Bioperl modules. Send your comments and suggestions preferably to the Bioperl mailing list. Your participation is much appreciated. bioperl-l@bioperl.org - General discussion http://bioperl.org/wiki/Mailing_lists - About the mailing lists Support Please direct usage questions or support issues to the mailing list: bioperl-l@bioperl.org rather than to the module maintainer directly. Many experienced and reponsive experts will be able look at the problem and quickly address it. Please include a thorough description of the problem with code and data examples if at all possible. Reporting Bugs Report bugs to the Bioperl bug tracking system to help us keep track of the bugs and their resolution. Bug reports can be submitted via the web: https://redmine.open-bio.org/projects/bioperl/ AUTHOR - Jason Stajich Email jason-at-bioperl.org APPENDIX
The rest of the documentation details each of the object methods. Internal methods are usually preceded with a _ create Title : create Usage : my $seq = $seqbuilder->create(-seq => 'CAGT', -id => 'name'); Function: Instantiates new Bio::PrimarySeqI (or one of its child classes) This object allows us to genericize the instantiation of sequence objects. Returns : Bio::PrimarySeqI Args : initialization parameters specific to the type of sequence object we want. Typically -seq => $str, -display_id => $name perl v5.14.2 2012-03-02 Bio::Factory::SequenceFactoryI(3pm)