Sponsored Content
Top Forums UNIX for Beginners Questions & Answers General Purpose XML Processing Post 303025104 by Corona688 on Wednesday 24th of October 2018 11:33:32 AM
Old 10-24-2018
0.0.8 posted, with an important fix for quoting and a small but important change for <? ?> <!-- etc tags. Should digest HTML somewhat better now.

7 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Looking for a general purpose System Monitor

Does anyone have any scripts or suggestions on a general purpose Unix/Linux monitoring tool? (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: darthur
5 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

need help on xml processing

I am trying to divide a xml file(my.xml) like this: <?xml version="1.0" encoding="UTF-8"?> <Proto PName="hmmmmmmm"> <Menu id="A" ver="1"> <P> <P name="AA" Type="X"/> <P name="BB" Type="Y"/> <P name="CC" Type="Z"/> </P> ... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: demoprog
4 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

CSV processing to XML

Hi, i am really fresh with shell scripting and programming, i have an issue i am not able to solve to populate data on my server for Cisco IP phones. I have CSV file within the following format: ;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;; ;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;; ;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;; ;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;; ;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;... (9 Replies)
Discussion started by: angel2008
9 Replies

4. Programming

help me with perl script xml processing

Hi everyone, I have Xml files in a folder, I need to extract some attribute values form xml files and store in a hash. My xml file look like this. <?xml version="1.0" encoding="UTF-8"?> <Servicelist xmlns:xsi="http://www.w3.org/2001/XMLSchema-instance"... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: pavani reddy
0 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

Help with XML file processing

I need to get all session_ID 's for product="D-0002" from a XML file: Sample input: <session session_ID="6411206" create_date="2012-04-10-10.22.13.000000"> <marketing_info> <program_id>D4AWFU</program_id> <subchannel_id>abc</subchannel_id> </marketing_info> ... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: karumudi7
1 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

processing xml with awk

With the following input sample extracted from a xml file <rel ver="123"> <mod name="on"> <node env="ac" env="1"> <ins ip="10.192.0.1"/> <ins ip="10.192.0.2"/> ... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: cabrao
1 Replies

7. UNIX for Beginners Questions & Answers

General Purpose Date Script

There must be thousands of one-off solutions scattered around this forum. GNU Date is so handy because it's general but if they're asking they probably don't have it. We have some nice scripts but they tend to need dates formatted in a very particular way. This is a rough approximation which... (18 Replies)
Discussion started by: Corona688
18 Replies
snmpstatus(1)                                                      User Commands                                                     snmpstatus(1)

NAME
snmpstatus - retrieve important information from a network entity SYNOPSIS
/usr/sfw/bin/snmpstatus [common options] [-Cf] agent DESCRIPTION
The snmpstatus command is an SNMP application that retrieves several important statistics from a network entity. The agent operand identifies a target SNMP agent, which is instrumented to monitor specified objects. At its simplest, the agent specifica- tion consists of a host name or an IPv4 address. In this situation, the command attempts communication with the agent using UDP/IPv4 to port 161 of the target host. See the snmpcmd(1M) manual page for a full list of the possible formats for agent. snmpstatus returns the following information: o the IP address of the entity o a textual description of the entity (sysDescr.0) o the uptime of the entity's SNMP agent (sysUpTime.0) o the sum of received packets on all interfaces (ifInUCastPkts.* + ifInNUCastPkts.*) o the sum of transmitted packets on all interfaces (ifOutUCastPkts.* + ifOutNUCastPkts.*) o the number of IP input packets (ipInReceives.0) o the number of IP output packets (ipOutRequests.0) For example, the command: % snmpstatus -c public -v 1 netdev-kbox.cc.cmu.edu produces output similar to the following: [128.2.56.220]=>[Kinetics FastPath2] Up: 1 day, 4:43:31 Interfaces: 1, Recv/Trans packets: 262874/39867 | IP: 31603/15805 snmpstatus also checks the operational status of all interfaces (ifOperStatus.*). If it finds any that are not running, it reports themin a manner similar to this: 2 interfaces are down! If the network entity has an error processing the request packet, an error packet is returned and a message is displayed, helping to pin- point the way in which the request was malformed. snmpstatus will attempt to reform its request to eliminate the malformed variable (unless the -Cf option is given, see below), but this variable will then be missing from the displayed data. OPTIONS
The following options are supported: common options See snmpcmd(1M) for a list of possible values for common options, as well as their descriptions. -Cf By default, snmpstatus will try to fix errors returned by the agent and retry a request. With this option, the command will display the data that it can. snmpstatus will not try to fix errors and an error will cause the command to terminate. EXIT STATUS
0 Successful completion. 1 A usage syntax error. A usage message is displayed. Also used for timeout errors. 2 An error occurred while executing the command. An error message is displayed. ATTRIBUTES
See attributes(5) for descriptions of the following attributes: +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ | ATTRIBUTE TYPE | ATTRIBUTE VALUE | +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ |Availability |SUNWsmcmd | +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ |Interface Stability |External | +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ SEE ALSO
snmpcmd(1M), snmpget(1M), attributes(5) SunOS 5.10 20 Jan 2004 snmpstatus(1)