Sponsored Content
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting Find specific pattern and change some of block values using awk Post 303025097 by vgersh99 on Wednesday 24th of October 2018 10:06:31 AM
Old 10-24-2018
a but convoluted and could be improved, but it's a start.
awk -f alex.awk file1 file2 where file1 is your 'command output', file2 is the other file and alex.awk is:
Code:
BEGIN{ new="-new"}
FNR==NR {
  f1=$1 "-new"
  kA[f1]
  for(i=2;i<=NF;i++)
   kvA[f1,i]=$i
   next;
}

/^[[]/ {
   k=substr($0,2,index($0,"]")-2)
   if(k in kA) {
     found=1
     kvI=0
   }
   else
     found=kvI=0
}
found && kvI++{$NF=((k,kvI) in kvA)?kvA[k,kvI]:$NF}

Or if you want to integrate it with the output of a comand without a temp file:
myCommand | awk -f alex.awk - file2

Last edited by vgersh99; 10-24-2018 at 11:27 AM..
This User Gave Thanks to vgersh99 For This Post:

9 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Shell Programming and Scripting

Find required files by pattern in xml files and the change the pattern on Linux

Hello, I need to find all *.xml files that matched by pattern on Linux. I need to have written the file name on the screen and then change the pattern in the file just was found. For instance. I can start the script with arguments for keyword and for value, i.e script.sh keyword... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: yart
1 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

Find Where Values Change From Positive To Negative and viceversa

Hi all, I have a file that looks like shown below. I want to find places where the value in column 2 change from negative to positive and vice versa and return the value on column 1 at that point. I wonder if this is possible in shell script or awk .. please help! Here is the original data ... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: malandisa
6 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

how to find entries, NOT starting with specific pattern

Hey,I have a file in following format >1 ABC........ >2 XYZ..... >3 ABC........ >4 MNO....... >5 ABC....... now I would like to find only those entries that doesn't start with ABC (specific pattern)e.g preferred output: >2 XYZ.... >4 MNO....... it will be nice if anybody how... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: ankitachaurasia
2 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

How to find a file with a specific pattern for current sysdate & upon find email the details?

I need assistance with following requirement, I am new to Unix. I want to do the following task but stuck with file creation date(sysdate) Following is the requirement I need to create a script that will read the abc/xyz/klm folder and look for *.err files for that day’s date and then send an... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: PreetArul
4 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

[awk] find pattern, change next two lines

Hi, hope you can help me... It seems like a straightforward problem, but I haven't had any success so far using my basic scripting and awk "skills": I need to find a pattern /VEL/ in an input file that looks like this: 1110SOL OW25489 1.907 7.816 26.338 -0.4365 0.4100 -0.0736 ... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: origamisven
3 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

Using sed to change values after a specific string

Hello I have a script that searches a file for a specific string and then changes the nth column after that string. I have searched online for how to do this with sed but have not seemed to find a solution that works for me. I am using bash. Some background info: - Currently I am using awk to... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: prodigious8
4 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

Find duplicate values in specific column and delete all the duplicate values

Dear folks I have a map file of around 54K lines and some of the values in the second column have the same value and I want to find them and delete all of the same values. I looked over duplicate commands but my case is not to keep one of the duplicate values. I want to remove all of the same... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: sajmar
4 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

awk to remove mutiple values from specific pattern, leaving a single value

In the awk below I am trying to remove all instances after a ; (semi-colon) or , (comma) in the ANN= pattern. I am using gsub to substitute an empty string in these, so that ANN= is a single value (with only one value in it the one right after the ANN=). Thank you :). I have comented my awk and... (11 Replies)
Discussion started by: cmccabe
11 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

Using awk to change a specific column and in a specific row

I am trying to change the number in bold to 2400 01,000300032,193631306,190619,0640,1,80,,2/ 02,193631306,000300032,1,190618,0640,CAD,2/ I'm not sure if sed or awk is the answer. I was going to use sed and do a character count up to that point, but that column directly before 0640 might... (8 Replies)
Discussion started by: juggernautjoee
8 Replies
Tcl_StringMatch(3)					      Tcl Library Procedures						Tcl_StringMatch(3)

__________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

NAME
Tcl_StringMatch, Tcl_StringCaseMatch - test whether a string matches a pattern SYNOPSIS
#include <tcl.h> int Tcl_StringMatch(str, pattern) int Tcl_StringCaseMatch(str, pattern, flags) ARGUMENTS
const char *str (in) String to test. const char *pattern (in) Pattern to match against string. May contain special characters from the set *?[]. int flags (in) OR-ed combination of match flags, currently only TCL_MATCH_NOCASE. 0 specifies a case-sensitive search. _________________________________________________________________ DESCRIPTION
This utility procedure determines whether a string matches a given pattern. If it does, then Tcl_StringMatch returns 1. Otherwise Tcl_StringMatch returns 0. The algorithm used for matching is the same algorithm used in the string match Tcl command and is similar to the algorithm used by the C-shell for file name matching; see the Tcl manual entry for details. In Tcl_StringCaseMatch, the algorithm is the same, but you have the option to make the matching case-insensitive. If you choose this (by passing TCL_MATCH_NOCASE), then the string and pattern are essentially matched in the lower case. KEYWORDS
match, pattern, string Tcl 8.5 Tcl_StringMatch(3)