Sponsored Content
Operating Systems Solaris Missing ASM Disks in Solaris 11.3 LDOM Post 303024986 by Peasant on Monday 22nd of October 2018 10:00:27 AM
Old 10-22-2018
Check the output of following commands :
Code:
ldm list -l <ldom in question>
ldm list-services # omit output for working ldoms...
ldm list-spconfig

This will tell us if those devices are present in VDS and in LDOM and what is the current configuration saved to SP.
I suspect ldom in question has been modified (added disks) without a save on SP.

If you have former saved configuration in xml somewhere (you really should save it to files at time intervals), run
Code:
ldm list-contraints -x <ldom in question> > somefile.xml

And diff vs past working one.

Regards
Peasant.

9 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Solaris

Installing Solaris into LDom using DVD

Hi, I have issues installing Solaris into a LDom using a Solaris10u5/08 DVD. I have been troubleshooting for the past 2 days and I still cannot get it up. Here is the logs: root@eld-app2# ldm add-vdsdev /cdrom/sol_10_508_sparc/s0 cdrom0@primary-vds0 root@eld-app2# ldm add-vdisk cdrom0... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: bolasutra
4 Replies

2. Solaris

How to find missing disks on Sun x4150 without reboot?

Hi, Here is the issue: There are 4 disks on this Sun x4150 system under Solaris 10, but only 1 disk can be seen by the OS. I've tried commands disks and devfsadm but not working. It's an important production server, so 'reboot -r' is not a choice. # format < /dev/null Searching for... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: aixlover
6 Replies

3. Solaris

Solaris 10 Installation - Disks missing, and Raid

Hey everyone. First, let me start by saying I'm primarily focused on linux boxes, and just happened to get pulled into building two T5220's. I'm not super educated on sun boxes. Both T5220's have 8 146GB 15k SAS drives. Inside the service processor, I can run SHOW /SYS/HDD{0-7} and they all come... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: msarro
2 Replies

4. Solaris

ZFS LDOM problem on Solaris 10

Apologies if this is the wrong forum.. I have some LDOMs running on a Sparc server. I copied the disk0 file from one chassis over to another, stopped the ldom on the source system and started it on the 2nd one. All fine. Shut it down and flipped back. We then did a fair bit of work on the... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: tommyq
4 Replies

5. Solaris

Disks missing from /devices folder. Not sure why.

Help Please! I picked up a V440 and it has 4 disks. I installed Solaris fine to disk 3, but I cannot see the other disks in Solaris. I have run probe-scsi-all from OBP and I see the other disks and they have names in devalias AFAIK. It's just in Solaris they do not appear. I have run... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: greg1975
6 Replies

6. Solaris

Virtual disks are not showing up in LDom

I have an Oracle VM set up with 1 virtual disk. I am trying to add 2 new disks to it. I was able to successfully add 1 (it appears when I run "format" in the VM) but when I add the second and third disks they do not appear in my VM. Here are the commands I ran: ldm add-vdsdev... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: unblockable
3 Replies

7. Solaris

Virtual Switch in Solaris LDOM

Hi, Our existing environment is having primary domain and 3 guest domains are running over it. See the attached image. Now we want to add a new primary virtual switch and move LDOM3 to be connected with new primary switch. So, I am not sure how to achieve this because. If I remove the... (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: praveensharma21
7 Replies

8. Solaris

Oracle ASM on Solaris 11.3

Hi Folks, I've just built a Solaris 11.3 server with a number of LDOM's, all good and well and not any serious issues so far. On our older Solaris 10 systems we ran Oracle 11g using ASM disks, these disks were the raw device meta disks and came in very nicely as "/dev/md/rdsk/dnn" all worked... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: gull04
4 Replies

9. Solaris

Solaris LDOM IP conflict

I have a Sun T4-1 running Solaris 11.4 with a static IP 192.168.0.183. On this machine is a Solaris 10 LDOM with a static IP of 192.168.0.78. The other day I had to stop the LDOM to do a memory reconfigure. When I rebooted it I got an error that the IP 192.168.0.78 was already in use and so... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: Michele31416
4 Replies
install-solaris(1M)													       install-solaris(1M)

NAME
install-solaris - install the Solaris operating system SYNOPSIS
install-solaris install-solaris invokes the Solaris Install program. Depending on graphical capability and available memory at the time of invocation, install-solaris invokes either a text-based installer or a graphical installer. The following minimum requirements for physical memory dictate which features are available during installation: For SPARC machines: 128 MB Minimum physical memory for all installation types 128 MB Minimum physical memory required for windowing system 384 MB Minimum physical memory required for graphical-based installation For x86 machines: 256 MB Minimum physical memory for all installation types 256 MB Minimum physical memory required for windowing system 512 MB Minimum physical memory required for graphical-based installation In some cases, even if the minimum physical memory is present, available virtual memory after system startup can limit the number of fea- tures available. install-solaris exists only on the Solaris installation media (CD or DVD) and should be invoked only from there. Refer to the for more details. install-solaris allows installation of the operating system onto any standalone system. install-solaris loads the software available on the installation media. Refer to the for disk space requirements. Refer to the for more information on the various menus and selections. See attributes(5) for descriptions of the following attributes: +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ | ATTRIBUTE TYPE | ATTRIBUTE VALUE | +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ |Availability |SUNWcdrom (Solaris instal- | | |lation media) | +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ |Interface Stability |Evolving | +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ pkginfo(1), install(1M), pkgadd(1M), attributes(5) It is advisable to exit install-solaris by means of the exit options in the install-solaris menus. 23 Sep 2005 install-solaris(1M)