Sponsored Content
Operating Systems Linux Best tuning for qemu windows guest(windows 7) Post 303024946 by Linusolaradm1 on Saturday 20th of October 2018 07:51:30 PM
Old 10-20-2018
Best tuning for qemu windows guest(windows 7)

In your opinion,which is the best tuning for windows 7 guest?
I use
cpu: host

mem: at least 2G,better 4G

disk: this is the most important,without "unsafe" cache is really slow and apply a 1G "service pack" can take 3 hours,with unsafe is really fast,actually I use
cache=unsafe
io=threads
discard mode=unmap
detect zeroes=unmap

network:virtio

controller:all virtio

Any suggestion,opinions?Thanks

4 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Solaris

Change hostID of Solaris 10 virtual/guest machine installed by Virtual Box 4.1.12 on Windows-XP host

Trying to set or modify the randomly set hostID of a Solaris 10 virtual/guest machine that I installed on a Windows-XP host machine (using Virtual Box 4.1.12). I was able to set/modify the hostname of the Solaris 10 virtual/guest machine during installation as well as via the Virtual Box... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: Matt_VB
4 Replies

2. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Qemu Problems: OpenBSD(host) Kali Linux(guest)

As the title suggests I ran into a little problem trying to create a virtual machine of Kali Linux usign Qemu inside OpenBSD. I edited the example Kali Linux gave on their website here to the following for BSD: qemu-system-i386 -hda ./kali.qcow2 -boot d -cdrom ./kali-linux-1.0.5-i386.iso -m... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: Azrael
0 Replies

3. Linux

Unable to connect guest VM to internet (QEMU via both 'User-mode networking' and 'TUN/TAP')

Hello, I installed FreeBSD 10.3 on AQEMU. I can't connect to internet in none of the modes of "Default, User-Mode Networking" and "TUN/TAP Networking". I am able to ping my host in the TAP networking mode (192.168.1.33 which is my IP addr in guest), but getting 'no route to host' for any... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: temp-usr
1 Replies

4. Red Hat

KVM/Qemu allocated memory not showing in guest

So we have a RHEL 7.6 workstation with 128 gigs of ram. The OS sees all the ram and 80 cors (40 HT) We have 1 guest with 8 CPUs and 32gigs of ram running RHEL 7.6 workstation as well. We are trying to create another guest with 64 CPUs and 80 gigs of ram. We setup the system using... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: joeg1484
0 Replies
VIRTIO(4)						   BSD Kernel Interfaces Manual 						 VIRTIO(4)

NAME
virtio -- VirtIO Device Support SYNOPSIS
To compile VirtIO device support into the kernel, place the following lines in your kernel configuration file: device virtio device virtio_pci Alternatively, to load VirtIO support as modules at boot time, place the following lines in loader.conf(5): virtio_load="YES" virtio_pci_load="YES" DESCRIPTION
VirtIO is a specification for para-virtualized I/O in a virtual machine (VM). Traditionally, the hypervisor emulated real devices such as an Ethernet interface or disk controller to provide the VM with I/O. This emulation is often inefficient. VirtIO defines an interface for efficient I/O between the hypervisor and VM. The virtio module provides a shared memory transport called a virtqueue. The virtio_pci device driver represents an emulated PCI device that the hypervisor makes available to the VM. This device pro- vides the probing, configuration, and interrupt notifications needed to interact with the hypervisor. FreeBSD supports the following VirtIO devices: Ethernet An emulated Ethernet device is provided by the vtnet(4) device driver. Block An emulated disk controller is provided by the virtio_blk(4) device driver. SCSI An emulated SCSI HBA is provided by the virtio_scsi(4) device driver. Balloon A pseudo-device to allow the VM to release memory back to the hypervisor is provided by the virtio_balloon(4) device driver. SEE ALSO
virtio_balloon(4), virtio_blk(4), virtio_console(4), virtio_scsi(4), vtnet(4) HISTORY
Support for VirtIO first appeared in FreeBSD 9.0. AUTHORS
FreeBSD support for VirtIO was first added by Bryan Venteicher <bryanv@FreeBSD.org>. BSD
January 22, 2012 BSD