Sponsored Content
The Lounge What is on Your Mind? Status of UNIX.COM Forum Transformation Post 303024939 by Neo on Saturday 20th of October 2018 02:37:41 AM
Old 10-20-2018
Added three "LED" indicators that turn red for each of the following when they run:
  • mysdump
  • gzip
  • find

However, to be honest, I have not noticed any noticeable slowdown when backups occur since moving to the new server.

Today, when testing the LED indicators, there was little noticeable slowdown when I ran the backups.

Before, most slowdowns happened when the anti-spam database was being updated, but we killed that application after moving to the new server.

I may add a "free memory" indicator and a "percent filesystem full" indicator next.
This User Gave Thanks to Neo For This Post:

8 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

Unix port status

disregard solved (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: calamine
0 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

file name transformation

I've got a multitude of text data files that carry exactly the same kind of data. Unfortunately some of them have a different filename format some are: 'category'_'month'-'year'_act.txt an example being: daf_Apr-1961_act.txt and some are: 'category'_ 'year'-'month'_act.txt an... (16 Replies)
Discussion started by: vrms
16 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

XML to csv transformation

Hi, I want to write a perl script. Which should accept the xml file, one xsl file and the loaction. The perl script should process the xml file using the xsl file and puts the out put in specified location. For example: My.perl is perls cript. my.xml is like this <?xml version="1.0"... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: siba.s.nayak
2 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

xslt transformation through Unix

Hi .. I have one input XML and I want to convert into another XML using parameter mapping through Database through Unix shell script. But I dont have idea how to do that. And how can I create xsl sheet if mapping is through database tables. Please help me on this. (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: srinu19
1 Replies

5. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

Need help in xslt transformation

Hi I have one input xml file <param name="EXTR_COL" valueDesc="AUTHD_RFLL" value="rx.AUTHD_RFLL" /> There is a mapping parameters in Database. if EXTR_COL is present in input XML then it is mapped to fieldlist. so the o/p XML looks like <fieldlist> <datasource... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: srinu19
1 Replies

6. Programming

Need best forum site for java (as for unix its unix.com)

Hi All, Can anyone help me for knowing the java best side forums. where i will get a quick responce like here , as i am having lot of question. Thanks (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: aish11
1 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

Data transformation

I do have an input text file of the following format with 1000's of lines input file: 3386(11:11,Ani:0,Bri:1,ch:1,Jwe:0,Jor:0,LP:0,Lo:0,NS:1,al:1,bo:0,boy:0,bru:0,sh:0,cor:1,dum:0,ery:0,mac:0,mic:0)... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: Kanja
3 Replies

8. What is on Your Mind?

YouTube: Forum Moderation @UNIX.com | The UNIX and Linux Forums

Forum Moderation @UNIX.com | The UNIX and Linux Forums https://youtu.be/WGwgibE4Rq0 Also note: In the video I mentioned removing legacy menu items in the ModCP which are unused. I have already "CSS'ed out" the unused menu items: ... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: Neo
0 Replies
XkbGetNamedIndicator(3) 					   XKB FUNCTIONS					   XkbGetNamedIndicator(3)

NAME
XkbGetNamedIndicator - Look up the indicator map and other information for an indicator by name SYNOPSIS
Bool XkbGetNamedIndicator (Display *dpy, unsigned int dev_spec, Atom name, int *ndx_rtrn, Bool *state_rtrn, XkbIndicatorMapPtr map_rtrn, Bool *real_rtrn); ARGUMENTS
- dpy connection to the X server - dev_spec keyboard device ID, or XkbUseCoreKbd - name name of the indicator to be retrieved - ndx_rtrn backfilled with the index of the retrieved indicator - state_rtrn backfilled with the current state of the retrieved indicator - map_rtrn backfilled with the mapping for the retrieved indicator - real_rtrn backfilled with True if the named indicator is real (physical) DESCRIPTION
Xkb also allows applications to refer to indicators by name. Use XkbGetNames to get the indicator names. Using names eliminates the need for hard-coding bitmask values for particular keyboards. For example, instead of using vendor-specific constants such as WSKBLed_ScrollLock mask on Digital workstations or XLED_SCROLL_LOCK on Sun workstations, you can instead use XkbGetNamedIndicator to look up information on the indicator named "Scroll Lock." If the device specified by device_spec has an indicator named name, XkbGetNamedIndicator returns True and populates the rest of the parame- ters with information about the indicator. Otherwise, XkbGetNamedIndicator returns False. The ndx_rtrn field returns the zero-based index of the named indicator. This index is the bit position to use in any function call that requires a mask of indicator bits, as well as the indicator's index into the XkbIndicatorRec array of indicator maps. state_rtrn returns the current state of the named indicator (True = on, False = off). map_rtrn returns the indicator map for the named indicator. In addi- tion, if the indicator is mapped to a physical LED, the real_rtrn parameter is set to True. Each of the " _rtrn " arguments is optional; you can pass NULL for any unneeded " _rtrn " arguments. RETURN VALUES
True The XkbGetNamedIndicator function returns True if the device specified by device_spec has an indicator named name. False The XkbGetNamedIndicator function returns False if the device specified by device_spec does not have an indicator named name. SEE ALSO
XkbGetNames(3) X Version 11 libX11 1.5.0 XkbGetNamedIndicator(3)