Sponsored Content
The Lounge What is on Your Mind? Status of UNIX.COM Forum Transformation Post 303024924 by jim mcnamara on Friday 19th of October 2018 11:18:38 AM
Old 10-19-2018
In more general terms, I sometimes hit the forums when not very responsive. That happens because of backup. I believe. Is there an indicator that you can set on the dashboard? In other words I want to be able to blame reasonable causes and not go off in a pointless direction.
These 2 Users Gave Thanks to jim mcnamara For This Post:

8 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

Unix port status

disregard solved (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: calamine
0 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

file name transformation

I've got a multitude of text data files that carry exactly the same kind of data. Unfortunately some of them have a different filename format some are: 'category'_'month'-'year'_act.txt an example being: daf_Apr-1961_act.txt and some are: 'category'_ 'year'-'month'_act.txt an... (16 Replies)
Discussion started by: vrms
16 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

XML to csv transformation

Hi, I want to write a perl script. Which should accept the xml file, one xsl file and the loaction. The perl script should process the xml file using the xsl file and puts the out put in specified location. For example: My.perl is perls cript. my.xml is like this <?xml version="1.0"... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: siba.s.nayak
2 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

xslt transformation through Unix

Hi .. I have one input XML and I want to convert into another XML using parameter mapping through Database through Unix shell script. But I dont have idea how to do that. And how can I create xsl sheet if mapping is through database tables. Please help me on this. (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: srinu19
1 Replies

5. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

Need help in xslt transformation

Hi I have one input xml file <param name="EXTR_COL" valueDesc="AUTHD_RFLL" value="rx.AUTHD_RFLL" /> There is a mapping parameters in Database. if EXTR_COL is present in input XML then it is mapped to fieldlist. so the o/p XML looks like <fieldlist> <datasource... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: srinu19
1 Replies

6. Programming

Need best forum site for java (as for unix its unix.com)

Hi All, Can anyone help me for knowing the java best side forums. where i will get a quick responce like here , as i am having lot of question. Thanks (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: aish11
1 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

Data transformation

I do have an input text file of the following format with 1000's of lines input file: 3386(11:11,Ani:0,Bri:1,ch:1,Jwe:0,Jor:0,LP:0,Lo:0,NS:1,al:1,bo:0,boy:0,bru:0,sh:0,cor:1,dum:0,ery:0,mac:0,mic:0)... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: Kanja
3 Replies

8. What is on Your Mind?

YouTube: Forum Moderation @UNIX.com | The UNIX and Linux Forums

Forum Moderation @UNIX.com | The UNIX and Linux Forums https://youtu.be/WGwgibE4Rq0 Also note: In the video I mentioned removing legacy menu items in the ModCP which are unused. I have already "CSS'ed out" the unused menu items: ... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: Neo
0 Replies
svn-fast-backup(1)					      General Commands Manual						svn-fast-backup(1)

NAME
svn-fast-backup - very fast backup for Subversion fsfs repositories. SYNOPSIS
svn-fast-backup [-q] [-k{N|all}] [-f] [-t] [-s] repos_path backup_dir DESCRIPTION
svn-fast-backup uses rsync snapshots for very fast backup of a Subversion fsfs repository at repos_path to backup_dir/repos-rev, the latest revision number in the repository. Multiple fsfs backups share data via hardlinks, so old backups are almost free, since a newer revision of a repository is almost a complete superset of an older revision. This is good for replacing incremental log-dump+restore-style backups because it is just as space-conserving and even faster; there is no inter-backup state (old backups are essentially caches); each backup directory is self-contained. It has the same command-line interface as svn-hot-backup(1) (if you use --force), but only works for fsfs repositories. svn-fast-backup keeps 64 backups by default and deletes backups older than these; this can be adjusted with the -k option. OPTIONS
-h, --help Shows some brief help text. -q, --quiet Quieter-than-usual operation. -k, --keep=N Keep a specified number of backups; the default is to keep 64. -k, --keep=all Do not delete any old backups at all. -f, --force Make a new backup even if one with the current revision exists. -t, --trace Show actions. -s, --simulate Don't perform actions. AUTHOR
Voluntary contributions made by many individuals. Copyright (C) 2006 CollabNet. 2006-11-09 svn-fast-backup(1)