Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: String of exclusions failed.
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting String of exclusions failed. Post 303024883 by RudiC on Thursday 18th of October 2018 04:02:02 PM
Old 10-18-2018
@bakunin: yes, equivalent to alternation. The -v is needed only once.

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Shell Programming and Scripting

Failed to insert string into file before line

Hi folks, I have the following program: #! /bin/ksh set -xv export grepDataSource="</data-sources>" export DB_HOST=tornado export SCHEMA_NAME=IAS10G export dataSource=data-sources.xml sourceString="<data-source class=\"oracle.jdbc.pool.OracleConnectionCacheImpl\" name=\"RiGHTvDS\"... (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: nir_s
7 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

Failed to substitute string with "<>"

Hi folks, I have the following template file: application.filePath.core = /core-RIGHTV/Html/ application.filePath.xbip = /xbip-RIGHTV/Html/ translator.rootContext = /translator_<schame_name>/ I need to substitute the string in the third line "<schema_name>" with $SCHEMA_NAME I ran the... (4 Replies)
4 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

Failed to replace string with "sed"

Hi folks, I have the following configuration file: tofu:/tmp # cat bitbandConfig.properties maestroIp=10.10.10.10 maestroPort=2020 adminPlayPath=<Streaming Agent IP>:2021/streamingGateway/GetPlayList ###This part should not be changed### adminPlayVODProtocol=http username=iptv... (7 Replies)
7 Replies

4. AIX

SFTP Failed---Request for subsystem 'sftp' failed on channel 0

Hi, While I am trying SFTP my machine to another unix machine , it was working fine till 10 min back. But now i am getting the below error "Request for subsystem 'sftp' failed on channel 0" Could you please someone help me to solve or analyise the root cause... Cheers:b:, Mahiban (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: mahiban
0 Replies

5. AIX

to identify failed pv

Hi friends,.... am sindhiya, i have joined as AIX level 1 support. help me to identify the failed pv in vg which has some 4 physical volumes? (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: sindhiya
2 Replies

6. Solaris

Find command with exclusions

Hi All I need to find the biggest files on our system BUT excluding some directories. I.E Find / -size +10000 (excluding 'platform'|'db' ..etc) |sort -n > file I tried grep -v but that can only do one expression at a time. Tried /usr/xpg4/bin/grep but cant use -v Please help Chris (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: JTS911
5 Replies

7. Solaris

Cygwin X Server error: xdmcp fatal error session failed session 23 failed for display

Hi, i got the following error when i tried to access the cygwin x server from a windows XP PC. "xdmcp fatal error session failed session 23 failed for display" Alternatively, when i tried to access the same Cygwin X Server from another windows XP PC which is on a different LAN... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: HarishKumarM
3 Replies

8. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

Port redirection with exclusions

Hi folks, I have an application that is acting up. I have another machine with a replacement application on it but because of the naming structure clients are using I cannot change the name to the replacement machine as it is also used to access other applications. The host OS is Centos 5.6... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: beddo
0 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

to extract string from main string and string comparison

continuing from my previous post, whose link is given below as a reference https://www.unix.com/shell-programming-scripting/171076-shell-scripting.html#post302573569 consider there is create table commands in a file for eg: CREATE TABLE `Blahblahblah` ( `id` int(11) NOT NULL... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: vivek d r
2 Replies

10. Shell Programming and Scripting

sed or awk command to replace a string pattern with another string based on position of this string

here is what i want to achieve... consider a file contains below contents. the file size is large about 60mb cat dump.sql INSERT INTO `table1` (`id`, `action`, `date`, `descrip`, `lastModified`) VALUES (1,'Change','2011-05-05 00:00:00','Account Updated','2012-02-10... (10 Replies)
Discussion started by: vivek d r
10 Replies
Text::Glob(3)						User Contributed Perl Documentation					     Text::Glob(3)

NAME
Text::Glob - match globbing patterns against text SYNOPSIS
use Text::Glob qw( match_glob glob_to_regex ); print "matched " if match_glob( "foo.*", "foo.bar" ); # prints foo.bar and foo.baz my $regex = glob_to_regex( "foo.*" ); for ( qw( foo.bar foo.baz foo bar ) ) { print "matched: $_ " if /$regex/; } DESCRIPTION
Text::Glob implements glob(3) style matching that can be used to match against text, rather than fetching names from a filesystem. If you want to do full file globbing use the File::Glob module instead. Routines match_glob( $glob, @things_to_test ) Returns the list of things which match the glob from the source list. glob_to_regex( $glob ) Returns a compiled regex which is the equivalent of the globbing pattern. glob_to_regex_string( $glob ) Returns a regex string which is the equivalent of the globbing pattern. SYNTAX
The following metacharacters and rules are respected. "*" - match zero or more characters "a*" matches "a", "aa", "aaaa" and many many more. "?" - match exactly one character "a?" matches "aa", but not "a", or "aaa" Character sets/ranges "example.[ch]" matches "example.c" and "example.h" "demo.[a-c]" matches "demo.a", "demo.b", and "demo.c" alternation "example.{foo,bar,baz}" matches "example.foo", "example.bar", and "example.baz" leading . must be explictly matched "*.foo" does not match ".bar.foo". For this you must either specify the leading . in the glob pattern (".*.foo"), or set $Text::Glob::strict_leading_dot to a false value while compiling the regex. "*" and "?" do not match / "*.foo" does not match "bar/baz.foo". For this you must either explicitly match the / in the glob ("*/*.foo"), or set $Text::Glob::strict_wildcard_slash to a false value with compiling the regex. BUGS
The code uses qr// to produce compiled regexes, therefore this module requires perl version 5.005_03 or newer. AUTHOR
Richard Clamp <richardc@unixbeard.net> COPYRIGHT
Copyright (C) 2002, 2003, 2006, 2007 Richard Clamp. All Rights Reserved. This module is free software; you can redistribute it and/or modify it under the same terms as Perl itself. SEE ALSO
File::Glob, glob(3) perl v5.16.3 2011-02-22 Text::Glob(3)