Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: awk not clear
Top Forums UNIX for Beginners Questions & Answers awk not clear Post 303024865 by Peasant on Thursday 18th of October 2018 10:49:03 AM
Old 10-18-2018
Hopefully it's correct Smilie

Code:
{
# On lines that meet condition -> if 'last' has a value and second field value of input is not equal to 'last'
if (last && $2 != last) {
        # print variables 'last' and 'sum', set 'sum' to zero
        print last, sum; sum=0
        }
# On each line 
        # define variable 'sum' with the current value of 'sum' incremented by the value third field of input
        # define variable 'last' as the value of second field.
        sum=sum+ $3; last = $2
}
END {
# print final values of 'last' and 'sum', after entire file is processed.
print last, sum
}

Regards
Peasant.
This User Gave Thanks to Peasant For This Post:

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Programming

clear screen

what is the syntax for clearing the screen in c ? when i tried "Clrscr()" the CC complier does not reconise it. please do tell me more about this. thanking you imma (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: immanuelgangte
6 Replies

2. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

clear memory

Hi... how can i clear the Memory on AIX 4.3.3 without rebooting (like flush memory on oracle database ) THANX fenomen (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: fenomen
2 Replies

3. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Please help me clear up some confusion

Hello All, I like this forum btw, and have only been lurking for about a day. Recently I purchased some new hardware (AMD Athlon 64 3200+ and a Asus K8V Deluxe Motherboard), and I want to find an OS that can take advantage of the 64 bit processor. Basically, what are the differences... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: RoY_mUnSoN
2 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

tput clear

What is the difference between these two commands? tput clear /usr/bin/clear (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: whatisthis
4 Replies

5. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Clear confusion

Hi, In some machines when i type "clear" it completely clears all the contents on that window but on some it simply scrolls up all the content. How can i change this? (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: vibhor_agarwali
4 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

Clear Case, Awk and script

Hello. I should have asked this awhile ago but here is my situation. My task is to generate LOC for different directories. I have a text file that has dates in this format (01-Aug-2006). My task is to read each line and compare it to a branch date. Depending on the date, it should generate a... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: mastachef
0 Replies

7. Linux

SED/AWK Script to clear log file using timestamp?

I have a log file on our system which fills up with lines that have been timestamped, as follows.... 03/03/2008 10:56:06:815] (ERROR) balance: continuing session to genapp02 : 18500 03/03/2008 10:56:06:820] (ERROR) balance: continuing session to genapp02 : 18500 03/03/2008 10:56:07:003]... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: davesimm
2 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

How to clear a file

Hello, I have a script which creates a certain text file. Whenever I call it, I need to recreate this file, because I have no need in the previous content. So I thought to remove the file every time I call the script, and that way I am sure that the previous content will not interrupt me.... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: shira
2 Replies

9. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

Ho to clear a MQ queue :

Hi All, Can anyone tell me how to clear list of queues in a file? My file FILE1 has 3 queues FILE1 FirstQueue SecondQueue ThirdQueue I want to clear all these queues which belong to the same Qmanager from another script... Can anyone help me for this.. Thanks in... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: Ch Bushu
0 Replies

10. HP-UX

how to clear particular port

Hi Everyone, How to check the status of the particular port and also clear it if it is locked without reboot? Please suggest. Thank you. (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: laxmikant
6 Replies
sum(n)							     Cyclic Redundancy Checks							    sum(n)

__________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

NAME
sum - Calculate a sum(1) compatible checksum SYNOPSIS
package require Tcl 8.2 package require sum ?1.1.0? ::crc::sum ?-bsd | -sysv? ?-format fmt? ?-chunksize size? [ -filename file | -channel chan | string ] _________________________________________________________________ DESCRIPTION
This package provides a Tcl-only implementation of the sum(1) command which calculates a 16 bit checksum value from the input data. The BSD sum algorithm is used by default but the SysV algorithm is also available. COMMANDS
::crc::sum ?-bsd | -sysv? ?-format fmt? ?-chunksize size? [ -filename file | -channel chan | string ] The command takes string data or a file name or a channel and returns a checksum value calculated using the sum(1) algorithm. The result is formatted using the format(n) specifier provided or as an unsigned integer (%u) by default. OPTIONS
-sysv The SysV algorithm is fairly naive. The byte values are summed and any overflow is discarded. The lowest 16 bits are returned as the checksum. Input with the same content but different ordering will give the same result. -bsd This algorithm is similar to the SysV version but includes a bit rotation step which provides a dependency on the order of the data values. -filename name Return a checksum for the file contents instead of for parameter data. -channel chan Return a checksum for the contents of the specified channel. The channel must be open for reading and should be configured for binary translation. The channel will no be closed on completion. -chunksize size Set the block size used when reading data from either files or channels. This value defaults to 4096. -format string Return the checksum using an alternative format template. EXAMPLES
% crc::sum "Hello, World!" 37287 % crc::sum -format 0x%X "Hello, World!" 0x91A7 % crc::sum -file sum.tcl 13392 AUTHORS
Pat Thoyts BUGS, IDEAS, FEEDBACK This document, and the package it describes, will undoubtedly contain bugs and other problems. Please report such in the category crc of the Tcllib SF Trackers [http://sourceforge.net/tracker/?group_id=12883]. Please also report any ideas for enhancements you may have for either package and/or documentation. SEE ALSO
cksum(n), crc32(n), sum(1) KEYWORDS
checksum, cksum, crc, crc32, cyclic redundancy check, data integrity, security, sum COPYRIGHT
Copyright (c) 2002, Pat Thoyts <patthoyts@users.sourceforge.net> crc 1.1.0 sum(n)