Sponsored Content
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting Function to run a progress bar in zenity Post 303024832 by Corona688 on Wednesday 17th of October 2018 04:43:22 PM
Old 10-17-2018
curl has a built-in progress meter that's probably better and more honest than anything hacked from the outside. I strongly suggest you use it.

A good start would be removing the useless backticks ` ` you've put around curl. This will allow you to see what curl's printing. Perhaps it can be piped into zenity somehow.

curl also has an alternate, simpler-looking progress meter if you don't like the default, which you can tell it to use with curl -'#'

Last edited by Corona688; 10-18-2018 at 12:22 PM..

9 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Shell Programming and Scripting

progress bar

i am trying to write a script where in it will connect to remote servers and execute remote scripts to fetch some data and ftp it back to a main server. i would like to add a script where it will show some sort of status bar until such time that the expected files have been recieved. something... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: inquirer
3 Replies

2. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

how to have a cp progress bar?

Hi all, This is a reformed post to my earlier ones!!!!!! I would like to know how to include a progress bar while using the cp... I am copying a few huge files from cdrom but am unable to figure out ,how to give a progress bar!!!!! I checked out other sites as well,but the issue here is... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: wrapster
1 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

Progress bar

Hi friends, how can I show a progress bar for any running process in the shell script. For example when I am copying or compressing a file. Thanks. (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: dwiravi
1 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

progress bar

hi all, in shell script (ksh), how do i write a progress bar ?? i have a script which searches files and while its searching i am currently printing out "." and if it finds what its searching for the script prints out the name of the file e.g .................. firstFile.txt... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: cesarNZ
2 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

Progress bar for cp

I'm trying to use this code to get a progress bar for cp: "Can you get cp to give a progress bar like wget?" But I'm getting these errors: stat: illegal option -- c usage: stat awk: division by zero input record number 1, file source line number 4 I'm using Mac OS X 10.6... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: pcwiz
1 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

zenity progress and simultaneously terminal output

Hi, I want to use zenity --progress and also put the output to the terminal. I tried using the tee command but that puts the output to the terminal first and then shows the zenity progress dialog. Take the normal example by the gnome manual: ( echo "10" ; sleep 1 ... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: sikku
0 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

Progress bar

Hi Experts; Im in the process of writing a shell script for enabling an IT operations to run archiving.We use netbackup. The script is complete, though there is one bit that i need help on. Im trying to have a progess bar for the procedure.I have gone through the man page of the command in... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: maverick_here
5 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

Looping with zenity's progress bar

Hi, me again :} I do have a little issue with my pseudo code. I am trying to copy files from one place to another and show the progress bar of the task, however the progress will start on 0% and change its GUI to 100% immediately (there is no progress on the bar), files were copied to desired... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: defila
1 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

[zenity] precise progress bar

Hello everyone, Is it possible to have a precise progress bar in zenity during the execution of the following: find -type f \( -not -name "$file_name".md5 \) -exec md5sum '{}' \; > "$file_name".md5Currently I am using zenity --title="Running..." --progress --pulsate --auto-close... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: soichiro
1 Replies
CURLINFO_PROTOCOL(3)					     curl_easy_getinfo options					      CURLINFO_PROTOCOL(3)

NAME
CURLINFO_PROTOCOL - get the protocol used in the connection SYNOPSIS
#include <curl/curl.h> CURLcode curl_easy_getinfo(CURL *handle, CURLINFO_PROTOCOL, long *p); DESCRIPTION
Pass a pointer to a long to receive the version used in the last http connection. The returned value will be one of the CURLPROTO_* val- ues. PROTOCOLS
All EXAMPLE
CURL *curl = curl_easy_init(); if(curl) { CURLcode res; curl_easy_setopt(curl, CURLOPT_URL, "http://example.com"); res = curl_easy_perform(curl); if(res == CURLE_OK) { long protocol; curl_easy_getinfo(curl, CURLINFO_PROTOCOL, &protocol); } curl_easy_cleanup(curl); } AVAILABILITY
Added in 7.52.0 RETURN VALUE
Returns CURLE_OK if the option is supported, and CURLE_UNKNOWN_OPTION if not. SEE ALSO
CURLINFO_RESPONSE_CODE(3), curl_easy_getinfo(3), curl_easy_setopt(3), libcurl 7.54.0 November 23, 2016 CURLINFO_PROTOCOL(3)