Sponsored Content
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting Installing RPM package using alien on WSL Ubuntu Post 303024824 by Xterra on Wednesday 17th of October 2018 11:17:29 AM
Old 10-17-2018
Installing RPM package using alien on WSL Ubuntu

I was just flirting with the idea of installing one package (bcl2fas2) on my WSL:Ubuntu using alien. However, when I run
Code:
sudo alien bcl2fastq2-v2.20.0.422-Linux-x86_64.rpm

I get the following error:
Code:
Package build failed. Here's the log:
dh_testdir
dh_testdir
dh_testroot
dh_prep
dh_installdirs
dh_installdirs: Compatibility levels before 9 are deprecated (level 7 in use)
dh_installdocs
dh_installdocs: Compatibility levels before 9 are deprecated (level 7 in use)
dh_installchangelogs
find . -maxdepth 1 -mindepth 1 -not -name debian -print0 | \
        xargs -0 -r -i cp -a {} debian/bcl2fastq2
dh_compress
dh_compress: Compatibility levels before 9 are deprecated (level 7 in use)
dh_makeshlibs
dh_installdeb
dh_installdeb: Compatibility levels before 9 are deprecated (level 7 in use)
dh_shlibdeps
dh_shlibdeps: Compatibility levels before 9 are deprecated (level 7 in use)
dh_gencontrol
dpkg-gencontrol: warning: Depends field of package bcl2fastq2: unknown substitution variable ${shlibs:Depends}
dh_md5sums
dh_builddeb
dpkg-deb: error: control directory has bad permissions 777 (must be >=0755 and <=0775)
dh_builddeb: dpkg-deb --build debian/bcl2fastq2 .. returned exit code 2
dh_builddeb: Aborting due to earlier error
debian/rules:17: recipe for target 'binary-arch' failed
make: *** [binary-arch] Error 2

Is there any way to accomplish this task on WSL?

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Shell Programming and Scripting

User installing a rpm package

Hi, I have an application to be installed and I want a user to be able to install it. But I meet the following issues: Removing MyApp error: cannot get exclusive lock on /var/lib/rpm/Packages error: cannot open Packages index using db3 - Operation not permitted (1) error: cannot open... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: potro
1 Replies

2. Linux

how to restore original package after uninstalling the upgraded package using rpm

have following package installed rpm -qa |grep ADMIN It will give the following package installed: ADMIN-4.0.0.1 Now I will upgrade the ADMIN package using the following command. rpm --upgrade ADMIN-4.1.0.1 It will upgrade the ADMIN packagge to ADMIN-4.1.0.1 Now I want that... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: amitpansuria
0 Replies

3. Ubuntu

Rpm package

Hi All, I just recently installed UBUNTU 2.6.24-16 and i installed my phone software which is a RPM package (it's a similiar package with MSN). The software called MXIE. I managed to install it successfully but i can't run the software. When i try to run it, i received... (8 Replies)
Discussion started by: c00kie88
8 Replies

4. Red Hat

RPM package installation

Hi, can someone help me with this? How do we apply a new version of s/w package without disrupting the processes & daemons running with the old version? Thanks (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: naan
1 Replies

5. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

How to find dependancies of .dstream package (Solaris) & .rpm package( linux)

Friends, Please let meknow, How we can find the dependancies of .dstream package & .rpm package before installation ? For AIX, We can use the inutoc . command to create the .toc file for the bff package, What about Solaris & Linux ? (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: yb4779
0 Replies

6. Ubuntu

Installing md5 package into ubuntu

Hi i want to install md5 package into ubuntu. any idea how? Apparently applying md5sum and md5 on a string (not a file) gives a different value! The one that I need to use is the md5 command, but it says command not found when i type md5 in bash. (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: jremio
2 Replies

7. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Can't install rpm package with --prefix in new path.Error: package is not relocatable

Hello, i have downloaded an rpm package "hadoop-0.20.205.0-1.amd64.rpm" in /usr/local/ directory. I'm trying to install the rpm package in a new path/location (/usr/local/hadoop-0.20.205), but i can't. I did: 1st try: Didn't work sudo rpm -i --prefix=/usr/local/hadoop-0.20.205... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: g_p
1 Replies

8. Emergency UNIX and Linux Support

Problem when trying to remove a package using rpm command - error: package is not installed

Hello, i have installed a package by using the command sudo rpm -i filepackage.rpm package filepackage is already installed when i try to remove it, i get an error saying "is not installed": sudo rpm -e filepackage.rpm error: package filepackage is not installed How can... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: g_p
4 Replies

9. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

Protected RPM package

Is there a way to create a protected RPM package without giving up your source code? (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: cokedude
2 Replies

10. AIX

Does not appear to be a RPM package

Hi Guys I got this error when I try to install perl-5.24.0-1.aix6.1.ppc.rpm package rpm -ivh perl-5.24.0-1.aix6.1.ppc.rpm error: perl-5.24.0-1.aix6.1.ppc.rpm does not appear to be a RPM package (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: khaled_ly84
4 Replies
debhelper(7)							     Debhelper							      debhelper(7)

NAME
debhelper-obsolete-compat - List of no longer supported compat levels SYNOPSIS
This document contains the upgrade guidelines from all compat levels which are no longer supported. Accordingly it is mostly for historical purposes and to assist people upgrading from a non-supported compat level to a supported level. For upgrades from supported compat levels, please see debhelper(7). UPGRADE LIST FOR COMPAT LEVELS
The following is the list of now obsolete compat levels and their changes. v1 This is the original debhelper compatibility level, and so it is the default one. In this mode, debhelper will use debian/tmp as the package tree directory for the first binary package listed in the control file, while using debian/package for all other packages listed in the control file. This mode is deprecated. v2 In this mode, debhelper will consistently use debian/package as the package tree directory for every package that is built. This mode is deprecated. v3 This mode works like v2, with the following additions: - Debhelper config files support globbing via * and ?, when appropriate. To turn this off and use those characters raw, just prefix with a backslash. - dh_makeshlibs makes the postinst and postrm scripts call ldconfig. - Every file in etc/ is automatically flagged as a conffile by dh_installdeb. This mode is deprecated. v4 Changes from v3 are: - dh_makeshlibs -V will not include the Debian part of the version number in the generated dependency line in the shlibs file. - You are encouraged to put the new ${misc:Depends} into debian/control to supplement the ${shlibs:Depends} field. - dh_fixperms will make all files in bin/ directories and in etc/init.d executable. - dh_link will correct existing links to conform with policy. This mode is deprecated. v5 This is the lowest supported compatibility level. Changes from v4 are: - Comments are ignored in debhelper config files. - dh_strip --dbg-package now specifies the name of a package to put debugging symbols in, not the packages to take the symbols from. - dh_installdocs skips installing empty files. - dh_install errors out if wildcards expand to nothing. SEE ALSO
debhelper(7) AUTHORS
Niels Thykier <niels@thykier.net> Joey Hess 11.1.6ubuntu2 2018-05-10 debhelper(7)